Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 17th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Helicopter Champion

Furkids are going to a sleepover (aka adult evening)

My three pups are doing a test run at a boarding facility tomorrow evening in anticipation of a three day stay while we are away in August. While we are excited about having a nice quiet adult evening tomorrow, we have spent the past two weeks continually saying "I hope they make out alright". The first time we left out oldest home alone (about 4 days after adopting him) we went to a movie and spent 2 hours whispering back and forth about how we thought he was making out. I don't know how you ppl with children survive sending them to sleepovers!!
Old June 17th, 2005, 03:24 PM

Wink

I can really understand how you feel.We have a boarding facility and I've got people who've got speeding tickets when they're coming to get thier babies,I've got clients who I e-mail everyday thier guys are here(with pics occasionally)I could go on.It's a great idea doing a test run before leaving your dog for the first time.Will all of your guys be together?I find that really helps,here we have a few extra lrg runs there is enough room for them to stay together.Take along things to remind them of home.The kennel should insist that you bring your pet's regular food and that they be up to date on all vacc.When you drop them off try not to make big deal about it,I know that's easier said than done.One thing to keep in mind people who board dogs properly do it because we love them,we have our own and understand what important members of your family they are.Enjoy your evening and I know that I've got lots of people who phone to see how thier babies are doing.
Old June 17th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lise
It's a great idea doing a test run before leaving your dog for the first time.Will all of your guys be together?
We have booked two kennels and have given a prelim combination. I think we are going to ask that they initially keep them all in one during the day (each kennel is large with an ajoining private outdoor run) then when the littliest one (7 mos Silky X) starts to really annoy the two older (and much larger) ones that he get moved to his own for a bit. I believe that they will be within viewing distance from each other. We are really just playing it by ear. Hopefully all will work out well.
Old June 17th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

Lise: Where in Ontario are you? I need a place to leave my two mini doxies for 48 hours while I have my knee surgery. Either in the Whitby or Cambridge area will work.