Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Other pet critters - Birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, rodents and exotics > Wildlife - squrriels, raccoons, skunks, opossums, groundhogs, etc.

Old August 24th, 2016, 06:29 PM

Present from Tigger

I'm so happy that over the last six weeks Tigger has adjusted to living in the country. He has only ever known city living for all of his twelve years and of course has never been allowed to roam.

I was more than a little disturbed to be presented with his "catch"last night

I thought he was just exploring the basement but apparently we have some uninvited guests down there .

I've been loving the many critters outdoors however these guys in the basement have gotta go
Old August 24th, 2016, 06:35 PM

Oops forgot to attach the picture.....
Attached Images

Old August 24th, 2016, 06:37 PM

Hmmm is this any better....,,
Attached Images

Old August 24th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Senior Contributor

When I lived in apartment in Boston I had 2 cats and I woke up one night b/c they were fighting over a rat in my bed ! I so loud I bet I woke people up ! That mean your cat like you .
Old August 24th, 2016, 07:28 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

'tis the season! Toward autumn, mice start moving indoors where they can, looking for winter shelters. It looks like Tigger is going to protect you well from intruders! Do you feel safe?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
When I lived in apartment in Boston I had 2 cats and I woke up one night b/c they were fighting over a rat in my bed ! I so loud I bet I woke people up ! That mean your cat like you .
Yikes
That must have been horrid for you. Hopefully your cats "dealt" with the rat in a "final" manner!
Tiggers actions were definitely appreciated. Not sure I could have completed that task
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
'tis the season! Toward autumn, mice start moving indoors where they can, looking for winter shelters. It looks like Tigger is going to protect you well from intruders! Do you feel safe?
Wow I thought it was still summer .

DH is going put in some expanding foam in all the cracks and crevices to stop the intruders. I haven't seen any poop evidence so was very surprised they're here.

Yes I definitely feel safe. I have my hunter Tigger to fend off the intruders .

Crazy how clever and proud cats are. When I went to the basement to clean his box Tigger came down and grabbed the dead mouse and brought it up behind me to drop on the front door mat. Tigger had "dealt" with the mouse in the basement but since I didn't see it he brought it up
Old August 25th, 2016, 12:54 PM

Cat doing what a cat is supposed to do

Used to have a blue point siamese 20 years ago, all of his gifts were brought back alive - bleeding, battered, limbs missing. Drove us insane.
Old August 25th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Senior Contributor

INstinct is amazing. Such a surprise Tigger was able to do that. Playing probably helped.

One of our outside cats caught a wee bunny last night. They scream, you know, caught bunnies. It's just awful to hear. OH rushed outside and persuaded Joey to drop it. It has some punctures on it's neck but was breathing and kicking so he took it across the street to a bushy area to let it go. We save the mice too, if we can.
Old August 25th, 2016, 05:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

We always get some mousie explorers in the house by the end of August or early September. This year, we have an unexpected secret weapon--I'm expecting JD to bring us something one of these days. I suspect he'll be more than thrilled to help out!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 25th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
INstinct is amazing. Such a surprise Tigger was able to do that. Playing probably helped.

One of our outside cats caught a wee bunny last night. They scream, you know, caught bunnies. It's just awful to hear. OH rushed outside and persuaded Joey to drop it. It has some punctures on it's neck but was breathing and kicking so he took it across the street to a bushy area to let it go. We save the mice too, if we can.
I had no idea bunnies screamed , I find dead babies animals in my yard from time to time . Someone cat like to hunt around here and leave the bodies on the driveway. I have to move them so my dog won't get into them.
Old September 1st, 2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
We always get some mousie explorers in the house by the end of August or early September. This year, we have an unexpected secret weapon--I'm expecting JD to bring us something one of these days. I suspect he'll be more than thrilled to help out!
I'm sure JD will do you proud !
Old September 1st, 2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post

Yikes! Glad I didn't witness Tigger with the mouse. I probably would have tried to save the little guy.......

Instinct certainly does take over. I guess all that practice playing with toys over the years has helped
Old September 1st, 2016, 01:44 PM
Senior Contributor

mouth to mouth resuscitation would rather hard to do on a mouse ! LOL !
Old September 1st, 2016, 08:50 PM

Longblades, the noise the bunnies make is so sad, you can't help but run to rescue them. Years ago I went out to my sunroom and six of my cats were in a circle with a mouse in the middle. He was standing on his hind legs, looking like he was ready to take each cat on. Little did he know that my cats weren't ready to take him on. After what seemed like ages of the cats just staring the poor mouse down, my husband got a broom and chased the mouse outside
Old September 2nd, 2016, 02:39 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Great description, Linda! Made me laugh just imagining it!

Old September 5th, 2016, 05:32 PM

Good little hunter Tigger!

Once the mice smell there's a cat in the house they'll probably not come inside.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying