Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old January 15th, 2005, 05:33 PM
AmInaL

Siamese cats need home ASAP

A lady came in our clinic today and is desperately in need of a home for her 2 9 year old siamese cats Lacey and Lilly. She sold her home and is moving (to a seniors complex I assume) She has been looking for 3 months now and is desperate to rehome her cats. The people who bought her house are moving in this week and said the cats have to go by WEDNESDAY! She brought pics in (I wish I had've brought one home to scan) These cats are sweet. Very good temperment and health.

If she doesn't find a home for them, she says she has no alternative than to bring them to the SPCA!!! Our SPCA is VERY high kill, especially cats. I pleaded with her to try and find someone to take them in temporarily, but she says she has nobody!

Our vet is showing the pics to his wife, hopefully they will take them, but if not I don't know where they will end up!

They are in Nova Scotia, if anyone is interested, I could get the contact info for you.
Old January 15th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

post on

petfinder.com classifieds. Perhaps you will find someone in the area who is also a petfinder member and can take them in. Best of luck.
Old January 15th, 2005, 06:02 PM
AmInaL

I should also mention that they MUST go together as they cry for each other.
Old January 15th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh dear, if only I this would have happened earlier when I was scouring the Maritimes and beyond for a Siamese cat. I would adopted them in a heartbeat. Do you know what colour points they are? Have you contacted Siamese Rescue? They will rescue Siamese anywhere -they flew a cat from Montreal down there last year and are flying in four from Pakistan this month? www.siameserescue.org The SPCA in Dartmouth, if that is the one she plans to bring them, is extremely high kill- they even kill pets that are brought in if the family does not pick the pet up soon enough.

I wonder how they would adapt to Yin Yin and she to them? Hmmmmmmm...
Old January 20th, 2005, 10:44 AM

cyberkitten

we are looking for a siamese, we had three who successively passed on at 18, 16 and 14 yrs of age. Had them since kittens and they are sorely missed. We have a foundling tabby who gets along well with other cats, non territorial but would like to have another siamese. There have been siamese cats in household of all my immediate family since 1958. All lived long pampered lives.

]
Old January 20th, 2005, 11:43 AM
AmInaL

I have been off work for a couple of days, I go back this evening. I don't know if she found a home or had to resort to SPCA. If anyone is interested, I can phone work and get the contact info for you. She said she had until yesterday to find a home...or it was off to the SPCA. I couldn't take them on account of Toby, I don't know how he would react, he's only seen cats from a distance. One of the cats isn't crazy about dogs, the other doesn't mind them.

Let me know if you would like the contact info...they sound like beautiful pets!
Old January 20th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww!! I bet your kitties were well loved! Tobster Mom, they do interest me and I am in Halifax @ the IWK and we have Board members from Sydney in Hfx on Mon nite but then I am off to Indonesia with Medecins sans Frontieres for a short period - not good timing for integrating new kitties. I hope those cats find a good home tho!!!
Old January 20th, 2005, 07:45 PM
AmInaL

I have the contact info if anyone is interested, I asked the girls this evening, and they haven't heard anything from her, so I don't know if she found a home for them or not.
Old January 21st, 2005, 12:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Can you PM me the info. I will check with our two Board members from Sydney and see if one of them - who is a close friend - would be willing to bring the cats with her. It is likely not workable but I will ask her anyway. I keep thinking of those poor kitties and Siamese cats get so attached to "their" people. I know even little Yin Yin has a few seperation anxiety issues already - nothing major but she wants to be everywhere I am, a typical trait and high energy but she is just provijng she is a classic Wedgie girl in a Meezer world. <g>