Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 17th, 2005, 05:54 PM

Angry Free Cat...

Another sickening ad:

" I have a cat approx. a year old white and black. Looking for a nice friendly home for her. If interested email me."

They dont care to mention if this animal is fixed or not. or up to date on her shots, which makes me think she is not. SICKENING!

There is a phone number and email address, if anyone is interested pm me thanks.

Last edited by ThaiGhing; January 17th, 2005 at 05:54 PM. Reason: missed info
Old January 17th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I know what you mean Thai.
our local paper has a couple as well.
FREE to good home 5 year old female black lab (not good with kids)
they probably let thier kids abuse this poor dog for 5 years, thats why its not goo with them anymore
German shephard, female 2years loves children, protects home, very loving, moving to apt, must find good home.
It really disturbs me that animals are treated like trash
But I believe what goes around comes around, and they will all get thiers some day !!!!!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old January 17th, 2005, 10:21 PM

Unhappy I couldnt agree more...

I am exactly like you... I believe what goes around comes around... and someday someone will treat them as if they are disposable... and throw them away when the going gets tooo tough.

I am always upset when I see these ads.. I want to save them all......
If only my lotto numbers would come up... a forever home for all animals would be in my future..
Old January 17th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

If I ever won big, I think I would open up a free spay/neuter clinic.
maybe that would help control the pet population

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old January 18th, 2005, 05:21 PM

up were i live the winters get very cold -20-50 avrage, at there are so many strays 2 of my cats here are stray we brought in. on has had it tale frost bitten of and has no ears, it still had a collar we went to the address and the people there told us the privous owner just left him there, and apperntly she was severly alergic to cats, (yet she had one here self passed by the door as i was standing there) and could not take him in so we did

this a common practice were i live. i live in a small town in northern Canada , very high transient population due to the type of work in the area all oilfeild work ect very sesonal, after the season people leave and leave there pets, as they were just somthing to keep the house company. the parctice is not so bad with dogs as it is cats but it does happen with dogs to people want a gaurd dpog then the poor thing is turrned lose when he is no longer needed.

at least once a day i see a stray, most up here have no ears, (forstbite) and most are unfixed, makes me so mad, if people would just fix there dam cats even if the became strays at least the would not make more poor creatures to freeze to death. This year alone i have taken in 8 cats and found new homes for them.
i have also found 2 cats frozen to death outside it make me cry just thinking about it .

people should have to get linces to own pets , pass a course in pet care anything to prevent the crap that happens up here.

sorry about the rant just makes me so mad
Old January 18th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't think there is anyone here that does not agree with you,we all love animals that's why we joined this Forum.
Then there are that other breed of humans,the"it's only an animal,who cares",sorry excuses for humans
Thank's for caring for these poor unfortunate kitties :love: