Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 5th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Ad in Today's Local Newspaper

Among the increasing ads for "free to good home" kittens (sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!), there was this today in today's classifieds - ya think it's a mill? Grand falls is so very close to Quebec!!

http://www.friskypetshop.com/en/forsale.html
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:40 PM
2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 parrot

Dude - The URL didn't work... anyone else find the same...

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man
--Mark Twain
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:09 PM

Yup, got one of those pesky "search" pages.
Old April 5th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Hmmm, it worked for me - try the main page http://www.friskypetshop.com (and darn, I could not even blame that on my abyssmal typing since I copied and pasted the url, lol)
Old April 5th, 2005, 07:35 PM

Nope, same pesky search page.
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Hmmm, very weird - I will copy and paste again and see if that works:
http://www.friskypetshop.com/

I wonder if they block their server and sell only in NB - that is not impossible but very unusal. Or there actually could be a router down somehwere?????

Or because I accessed it earlier, it is in my history so it comes up? I doubt they saw this post, lol

What do you mean by a search page???

They claim to be a pet shop and market dogs for sale - not overly pricey but certainly not from a reputable breeder. My guess is the puppies are from nearby Quebec puppy mills- there is one not far in New Ruchmond, QC and recently, one was shut down not far from where U live (recently being before December - my cousin the vet tech has one new dog and new cat as a result). I just find the whole operation suspect.

Last edited by CyberKitten; April 5th, 2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:49 PM
<-----nut ball

cyber, try emptying your cache for your browser and go back to the page. Aparently it's "expired"
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:53 PM
banned user

The search site (where you can click on just about anything you want to look for, it's where you're normally sent when you get kicked off a certain web page, it's like yahoo homepage but way generic) whatever it is, has tons of pop-ups!!!! My browser kept clicking like you wouldn't believe when I clicked on it. I hate that!!!!

Oh and I wouldn't think it was a mill... why would they have free to good home? And if the reason being because they were sick, or whatever, they would still sell em, that's what they're good at... profit is profit!
Edit: I didn't see that you said "among" the free to good home ads, my bad.

Last edited by Sneaky2006; April 5th, 2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:57 PM
<-----nut ball

Sneaky, I didn't get any pop ups. What browser do you use? If possible, as I don't know what browsers it is compatible with, go to www.google.com and download the google toolbar. It has a pop-up blocker so you won't have that problem anymore. Also, those popups have spyware, so go to http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ and download the Ad-Aware SE build 1.05. Run that program to get rid of the spyware.
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:01 PM
banned user

Already done! :love: Thanks!
I do have the google tool bar for pop-ups, it's great but it clicks when there are pop-ups, so that's how I knew there was a lot from that site! I still hate it even though they don't actually pop up, just cause they were going to, lol.
And I do have adaware too that I'll run right now!
Oh and I have IE 6.0.
Just curious, when you run adaware, how many items does it normally find for you??
My first time there was over 400 ... but on a weekly basis it's only around 10-15.

Last edited by Sneaky2006; April 5th, 2005 at 09:04 PM.
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Senior Contributor

No, no, I have you confused Sneaky. I was scanning the pet ads - and I said "among" the ads that said "free to good home", there appeared this other ad that had this web address - they were advertising puppies, not free cats! So I checked it out and voila. I did clear my cache and also deleted the site from my history and it still comes up. I think it may be a router problem since the server is based in northern NB. (There are currently flooding probs there and maybe the St. John River took out a router. OK, I am reaching there, lol

They have six dogs for sale currently - four are Pug X Cocker, one is a Shih-Tzu and the other a Maltese. They look OK but are sitting in paper or on nothing. They also claim to sell supplies but all I see are two kinds of dog food AND they will deliver the dogs. How convenient! :sad:

The prices are not overboard tho so maybe they honestly do sell on behalf of good breeders but most reputable breeders would never sell in a pet store! Email is frisky@nbnet.nb.ca

I just this time (unable to before) was able to access their cat section - none for sale but a narrative about how to buy a cat - long term committment, etc. Oh brother - and they write: "They don’t require a lot of maintenance compared to dogs, but they need the same amount of love, time, patience, attention and care. If you have youngsters running around, it’s good for them to be involved because it brings them a sense of responsibility." They've obviusly never met a Siamese, heheh!! Seriously, I think cats and dogs and bunnies all require an equal amt of time. And they recommend dry cat food, ugh!! (what they sell of course).

Oh, btw, if you want no popups and do not want the hassle of a 3rd party software, dl Opera or Mozilla. MUCH better than Micro you know what IE.

Anyway - I am just curious!
Old April 6th, 2005, 06:51 AM

It comes up fine for me, but maybe that is because I'm in New Brunswick?

When we were searching for **** Tzu breeders, that web-site came up, and it was also in my local paper.