Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old April 30th, 2004, 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=Luba]
I have the right to have my opinion, as it's not just based on thought and theory but from the heart.

I'm actually not sure why any of you are upset that we love our pets enough to have them around us as part of the family. I"m not saying you do not love your pets, but it seems you love them in a different way then we do.

[QUOTE]Exactly! The rest of us have the right to our own opinions too!! We are not upset for you loving your pets! We are happy that you love them, at least I am. And I take it personally that you think I love them in a different way because I cannot possibly have them indoors all the time!
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona_b
I flew off the handle because I heard allergies and outdoor dog.Especially at the age of 3 months..I know many people with allergies that have pets.My step-father being one of them.And they have a cat and a dog.Both indoors.And what I mean by indoors is not that they live their life totally inside.But they don't stay out 24/7...If having a dog live outside because there are allergies,then I would rather the dog be rehomed knowing that it would not have to stay outside 24/7,but to be part of the family "pack" and have it sleep inside at night...And we are not talking about a working farm dog here.This is a Springer Spaniel.

Also,there was a pregnant cat in my sisters barn...My nephew managed to get her in the house.Yes it took alot of work.But she stayed in the mud room where she gave birth to 4 kittens.Since my sister already had 3 indoor cats,she asked one of her neighbors who had no cats if she could take care of them.She agreed.In time all kittens were fixed and so was Mom cat.Mom cat stayed with on of the kittens.And the 3 others went to good homes.So yes,to bring in a barn cat to have babies can be done.And we think that she may have had babies previous.The reason is when the kids went in the barn to check on the calves,they climbed up on to the haystack.There were remains of new born kitten paws.The raccooons had to have gotten a hold of them....
Again, back to what I've said before again and again.
Some people cannot tolerate some allergens even with medication!! We were told by the allergist that it would be suitable to have a dog if we kept it outdoors.
Also, I DID BRING THE CAT IN!!!!! Please get that through your head!!! And in time, all my kittens will be fixed, as will mom!!
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuekitty
I do consider my pets to be my kids. All of them, not just my dog and cat. My horse, donkey and goat too! They are all my babies, them living outside does not change that!
Sorry RK.. I have gone way past your case in alot of this (man did I get involved in this! )... I wasn't refering to you with that - nor do I think it would make you a bad pet owner if you didn't... remember I'm on your side
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRA518
Sorry RK.. I have gone way past your case in alot of this (man did I get involved in this! )... I wasn't refering to you with that - nor do I think it would make you a bad pet owner if you didn't... remember I'm on your side
I know, I just wanted to clarify!
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Chany,what's your problem,why are you so hostile towards Amaruq
It kind of baffles me
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:42 PM

Actually it wasn't just intended for Amaruq. Oh do you mean the medication part? Well honestly " getting on her last nerve " PLEASE!!
As for the rest doesn't it make you kind of sit back and go what the hell is she thinking? Thats exactly how most of you sound when someone comes on here and disagrees with you. I'm not hostile just towards Amaruq there are a few more that need to give their head a shake. Do you realize how many people you guys have alienated from here? And what gives you that right?
Who exactly are you and why are your ideas right?
In the beginning I had fun here and then I got caught up on this judgemental ****, until Thank God I realized what I sounded like. There are a few on here I wouldn't give the time of day to in real life because of their attitude problems and there are a few on here who I think are absolutely terrific!!
Read some posts with an open mind and maybe you won't be so dumbfounded anymore and really cut out the posse crap its really really childish!!
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:02 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuekitty

And that comment about a dog being shot on a farm, yes we have the ability to do that to someone else's dog. But does it mean we will? No! I can shoot, but even if I tried, I don't think I'd hit anything! No that I would try in the first place! So the law applies to me, so what?! It doesn't mean I'm going to go shoot a neighbours dog because it goes walking across my field!

I was not talking about YOU shooting a dog on your property.What I was getting at is what if YOUR dog got on someone elses property and got shot.Mind you,this was not a direct question to you.Or actulayy anyone for that matter.Just wanted to make a point that I do know about farm life..If that made sense....

No chany,the ones I was talking about where the ones that lived outside 24/7 in the very cold temp.
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona_b
I was not talking about YOU shooting a dog on your property.What I was getting at is what if YOUR dog got on someone elses property and got shot.Mind you,this was not a direct question to you.Or actulayy anyone for that matter.Just wanted to make a point that I do know about farm life..If that made sense....
Okay... just so you know though, we have no other real farms around us, we are surrounded by mostly woods and wetlands. So there isn't much risk to our dog. The only farms around us are those of close friends, not just aquantances, and they know our dog very well. If they were to shoot him, I would be VERY shocked!! He does not go far anyway, he sticks to where the people are and is in a large fenced in area at night with 2 insulated dog houses, which he usually prefers to sleep on top of!
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:13 AM

Just one thing...

I've just got one thing to say... If RescueKitty is so cruel to her animals for them living outdoors, would you prefer them to live in a bottle?
http://www.bonsaikitten.com
Old May 1st, 2004, 06:52 AM

For the record I am not a troll

I happen to have a job, I do not have the time during working hours to post novels as I depend on my paycheque. I was not trying to start trouble I was only posting bits and pieces of conversations that seemed to have been overlooked or ignored.

Now that it is Saturday morning and I have about 15 minutes to play before I take care of everyone else, and then maybe find some time for me, I will post my opinion.

The way I see it is that all of our animals are happy and well looked after - why does it matter if they are inside or outside animals? I can't for the life of me figure this out Not one person on here has come across as an uncaring or unloving person towards there animals...the only thing that is clear to me is that we seem to care more for our animals than our fellow humans. Yes I have slung some mud, the purpose, as explained before, was due to lack of time to put together a proper post. Do I apologize? No...why? I was only trying to point out some statements that had been made with a forked tongue and tried to bring that to light. My purpose was obviously mistaken for me being a troll. If it makes people feel better to call me a name, so be it, call me anything you would like, the people who know me and are part of my life are the only opinions that matter to me, I don't lose sleep over what people on the net think.

What I do lose sleep over is the animals that are not cared for. The cats that have litter after litter of kittens, sometimes before they are a year old themselves, and the owners continuing to let them prowl. I own a 7 week old kitten that is a product of this. Now there are 4 more on the way from her mother. Her milk hasn't even dried up from this litter and she is expecting another. The other thing that makes me angry is the pet that is left behind in a move, camping, cottaging, whatever the case may be. These are the animals I worry about, the ones that are truly neglected out of ignorance. I don't worry about the dog or cat that lives outside or in a barn if they have the same requirements of life as we do...food, shelter, warmth. Love comes as a natural from this pet owner...if they care enough to give the above 3 requirements, they love there animals.

I am off now to tend to my zoo. If you wish to pick this post apart or call me names once again, so be it, I'm spending a wonderful weekend loving what is important to me.
Old May 1st, 2004, 08:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Pitcin,Trolls to me are cute little guys living in the woods
Anyway,I swear this is my last post on this subject!
I joined this Forum,to learn,to have fun,to give advice if I can and to share ideas with other animal-lovers.
I am happy all the farmers here take very good care of their animals,spay their barncats,have heated shelters etc...
But in my opinion,no cat or dog should be enduring the elements,winter and summer 24/7,agree with me or not
I do not live on a acres of land,I wish I did,but have a big enough piece to enjoy the outdoors as do my cats.
My cats are sociable,loveable and very much part of my family and it would not change were we to move to the country,which we might in the near future.
I actually never doubted PK's love for her animals,but she had difficulties with her pregnant cat and had a 6 months old Spaniel living entirely outdoors and I just cannot agree with those circumstances,not that anyone cares
I would not waste my energy getting angry at anyone here,I don't get angry very often,life is too short,I just agree or disagree
So,let's all live happily ever after,take good care of our animals and look out for those who are not cared for and there are thousands who cannot speak for themselves and need our voices.
Old May 1st, 2004, 10:07 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Do you realize how many people you guys have alienated from here?
Well, me for one.
Old May 1st, 2004, 10:13 AM

Thumbs down

If anyone still wants to see pics...remember, the cat sucking on our ears...I attached a couple pics of my boyfriend and KC. Can't figure out how to get it into the message body.
Attached Images

Old May 1st, 2004, 10:15 AM
Senior Contributor

AWWWWWWw they are soooooo cute!!! How did this post get soooooo OFF TOPIC?????? Wow!!! I was just skimming the 200 posts in this ONE thread...yikes!!!! Think I'll stay out of this one!!!
1 very mean tiger barb (who killed all of our other fish)
3 leopard geckos - Dave, Jenn & Jane (gone back to their original owner)

GONE TO CRITTER HEAVEN:
1 house gecko - George (RIP)
2 giant african land snailS - Kaimah (RIP) & Kamau (RIP)
2 baby african land snails - Tiny & Pokey (RIP)
1 Veiled Chameleon - Chip (RIP)
Old May 1st, 2004, 10:19 AM

Aaaw! Carly thats cute!! I bet the cat is purring loudly to when it does that.
BTW sorry didn't mean to alienate you. Don't feel that way. Stick around
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Carly,that is just so adorable.....And what a very pretty kitty....
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Beautiful kitty,BF not too bad either
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Anita,you are sooooooooooo bad..........But in a good way.....LOL...
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:24 PM
Senior Contributor

See Mona,at my age I can fool around and nobody takes me serious
One of the good things of being of"mature"age
Old May 1st, 2004, 02:32 PM
Senior Contributor

LMAO..

Anita,you crack me up.....You have spunk....