Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old December 30th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Honest Contributor

if he's still alive and being spotted... then our thoughts and prayers are giving him strength. now if he would only come home... come home jace!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Jace

I wonder if Jace is travelling at night ? and not during the day! I just find it so hard to believe that no one has been able to see him or lock him up in their yard or something! I keep thinking that if we leave a trail for Jace he has to come out for it! Food, treats whatever he liked? Maybe even some clothes that have a familiar scent on them in the last place he was spotted?? Something has to work!! Maybe we should ask people to BBQ tomorrow for New Years to bring out that good food smell!! Come on home Jace!!

Cindy
Old January 1st, 2007, 06:42 PM
-

Any luck finding Jace on the weekend?
Old January 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Jace

Hello

Hoping to hear some good news soon! Does anyone know for sure the last sighting and when and where it was?

Cindy
Old January 1st, 2007, 09:17 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

I'm sorry, no news :sad: The last sighting was Dec 23rd 10h30 a.m. on rue Principale in Wendover. We can only pray someone somewhere will see a flyer and call. 613/425-0040 cell: 604/614-8895 24/7 = Yoko/Dave.

It's Jace's 6th birthday today, Happy Birthday sweet Jace. I don't blame you but I wish you could just trust enough to allow the people who love you to help you
Old January 2nd, 2007, 08:47 AM
Senior Contributor

GG,I know if he was found,you would come on here printing in capital letters,no need to ask anymore....:sad: but we still have hope and positive thoughts:love:
We won't forget about you Jace:love:
Old January 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM
-

I hope he is finding food somewhere.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM

This is very sad. So many people actively looking for such a long time. Must be heartbreaking and so frustrating.

Poor Jace, hungry, tired and scared. I was really hoping and praying that he would be safe by now.
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:47 PM
-

Any updates?
Old January 12th, 2007, 08:11 PM

New sightings of Jace

I have read all the last things on Jace and the last one said he was in Wendover. I am wondering have there been any sightings since and if you could use help searching.
Old January 12th, 2007, 08:34 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

added cell #

Welcome and thank you.

An ad was placed in both Hawkesbury and Casselman papers and have had a few possible sightings (Limoges - south of Wendover)

Please call Yoko @ 613/425-0070 613/614-8895 (cell)< -- she is going this week-end

Last edited by Golden Girls; January 13th, 2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Senior Contributor

GG,I was afraid to ask:sad:
It's been such a long time now,a big thank you to Yoko and others for still keeping the hope of finding Jace alive
Old January 13th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Found this update on Jace!

Is there anyone near this location that can keep their eyes open or even help out?

Cindy

See update below:

We received a call this morning at 830am. A lady said that her husband just called from his cell, saying that he had just passed a German Shepherd walking on the side of Highway 17 about 7 miles west of Hawkesbury (between Alfred and Hawkesbury). While he was not able to see if the dog had a collar on, this location and the pattern of walking along the highway very much sounds like Jace. I called Animal Control right away thinking that they could get to him much sooner than I could. It was so frustrating because they said that he was 7 miles out of their jurisdiction and that they could not help. They advised to call the SPCA. The SPCA said that they could do nothing and that I should call the township of Alfred. Maybe because Alfred is such a small town, their offices were closed and there was no emergency number to call. Next I called the OPP but of course they said that the most they could do is keep an eye out for him. I have not heard from them and unfortunately Dave and I did not see Jace today. We will go out again tomorrow and I'll be sure to post an update.
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:39 PM

This is killing me! Argh, I know someone who lives near there and will send them this post!
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:46 PM

Unhappy Sightings of Jace

After talking to Yoko and offering help in the search my husband and I drove to Hawkesbury and had a look around. Unfortunately we did not see any sight of him. The town was very busy at lunch time and he may have hidden from all the people we weren't sure if he had passed the town but my husband thought it might be to busy. We have friends out that way and have asked them to keep a look out. If the weather holds I can offer to help again tomorrow please keep me posted. that the sightings keep coming
Can we still download fliers of his picture
Old January 13th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

The poster is on the first thread of this post! Lets pray for something for tomorrow! Come on home Jace!!!

Cindy
Old January 13th, 2007, 11:25 PM
An Honest Contributor

Thank you so much BLB for going out and searching for Jace as well as a woman from the GSD board named Pat/Rigaud who also went to Hawkesbury today

Yoko/Dave went this afternoon then I went late afternoon - no luck :sad: I spent hours in the bush area where were hopeful it was Jace that was spotted this morning in a town called Lorignar which is right before Hawkesbury. If you go along the water area there is alot of trees and bushes, felt like 5 miles. I also seen alot of paw prints in the snow. It's sort of an isolated lil town with houses here and there but in the bush area there is alot hiding places like fallen trees where hopefully he can keep himself away from the wind.

I can't see Jace crossing the bridge to Quebec, it's too open and he's very very fearful of people. I'm not sure if he can pass Hawkesbury by the water,
does anyone know? I spoke to many people including the OPP and the town's main grocery store and handed out flyers. Maybe tomorrow

I've attached two closer photo's of him
Attached Images

Old January 14th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Senior Contributor

That means he is still alive,still hope,that is good news....hugs,good vibes,good luck to everyone not forgetting and still trying to find Jace:love:
Old January 14th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Girls View Post
Thank you so much BLB for going out and searching for Jace as well as a woman from the GSD board named Pat/Rigaud who also went to Hawkesbury today

Yoko/Dave went this afternoon then I went late afternoon - no luck :sad: I spent hours in the bush area where were hopeful it was Jace that was spotted this morning in a town called Lorignar which is right before Hawkesbury. If you go along the water area there is alot of trees and bushes, felt like 5 miles. I also seen alot of paw prints in the snow. It's sort of an isolated lil town with houses here and there but in the bush area there is alot hiding places like fallen trees where hopefully he can keep himself away from the wind.

I can't see Jace crossing the bridge to Quebec, it's too open and he's very very fearful of people. I'm not sure if he can pass Hawkesbury by the water,
does anyone know? I spoke to many people including the OPP and the town's main grocery store and handed out flyers. Maybe tomorrow

I've attached two closer photo's of him
GG - thanks for the update!?? Did you mean to say the town of L'ORIGNAL??
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:17 AM
An Honest Contributor

K9 mis-spelled thanks

From Wendover going east it's Alfred then L'orignal (7 mile stretch) then Hawkesbury

I know Yoko will go through the area I covered last night especially because I was near something that was growling and although by then it had gotten really dark I definately was not alone (we just couldn't see where it was coming from) And the fresh paw prints were all over so it was either Jace or there is another GSD out there :sad: Jace has only been spotted either early morning or evenings wandering looking for food, guess he feels safe to only move then. Yoko know's exactly where to go this morning, probably as I'm typing. If anything I'll post.

Last edited by Golden Girls; January 14th, 2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old January 14th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Lost shepherd

Wondering if anyone has heard anything today. Just wish my husband and I had talked to Golden Girls earlier may have been able to help more in search. for better news today
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM
An Honest Contributor

Your help was very appreciated BLB and because we don't know where Jace travels it's better we are all separated in different locations like we were. We don't have very many people searching to begin with so thank you again.

Unfortunately there was no sighting of him anywhere besides the Saturday. Both Yoko and I spoke to workers at the slaughterhouse in that town so they are aware of the situation and will try and capture him if they see him. Although they don't put fresh meat out for garbage (by-laws) we have reason to believe he may be finding a leg here and there . That's most probably the reason he's sticking around this town and hasn't been seen wondering too much.

We have no plans to end this search until he is found.
Old January 15th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Jace

Golden Girls! Thanks so much for the update! Do we know that this sighting was Jace? It is positive news that he is okay still! I hope he hangs around for awhile and learns to trust SOMEONE?? I worry about his health though? Just curious you mentioned in a previous post that you may have found something growling at you but it was too dark...Is that in the same area where Jace was spotted?

Cindy
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:44 AM
An Honest Contributor

Hi Cindy.
We can only hope it was Jace who was seen in front of L'Orignal Packin Sat morning, the area I was in and where I heard growling and fresh tracks. I do know all the tracks were definitely not coyote but that of a dog. The guy from the Packin Co. confirmed there are many coyote's which is actually good news because we now know there's food for him!

WE were screaming Jace's name making alot of noise whipping through the bushes so I'd be surprised if the growl came from a coyote who normally would run like hell from us :sad: people. But because their sounds could appear far yet actually be very close we didn't want to push it not to mention it's mating season, they'd now be in packs and even more territorial during this time. However they do growl as well so we weren't sure who exactly was mad at this invasion.

At this point we can only hope that someone will call with a sighting. Yoko has paid for the ad to appear again in both papers and I plan to go again one day this week. We can't lose hope
Old January 16th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Senior Contributor

GG,who is this wonderful person Yoko,was she a fostermom,or rescuer to Jace??
Hopefully he is sticking around the slaughterhouse,but people might take him for a Coyote,Jace must be quiet skinny by now...
Thank's to you also for helping out,wish I lived closer..
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM
An Honest Contributor

Believe it or not Yoko called this rescue to ask for help with another GSD who lives a life tied to a dog house and found out about Jace. Since then, Yoko jumped aboard and hasn't had a life since. She is one of the kindest most compassionate person I have ever met. I would love nothing more then for Jace to meet her

I'm hoping he stays put as well, maybe he's hanging around with the coyotes? The people don't bother with them - their harmless. You won't find any stray animals in those woods, I mean small ones
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Jace

Oh My God! What a wonderful women she is!!!!!! Kudo's to Yoko! I have always thought that she was Jace's new mom..Right from that day back in November when Jace went missing! She is an absolute Angel for doing this!! Jace has to come home now! Just to meet his Angel "Yoko"...

It is funny how these situations capture your heart! Jace has been on my mind everyday since November 13th! I can honestly say he has stolen a piece of my heart and I have not even had the pleasure to meet him!

Yoko you are truly a wonderful person with great dedication! Most people would have given up by now! Once again thinking about ALL of those people spending their time to look for this puppy!

Cindy
Hamilton
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:38 PM
-

I also thought she was Jace's mom. Yoko, you truly are an angel. And, GG, you are as well.

I hope Jace will continue to hang around the slaughterhouse until he can be captured.

Stay safe Jace.
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Personal servant to Joey

poor Jace - I really hope he is found soon - you guys are all amazing for looking for him so hard... I hope there is good news soon.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old January 17th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Senior Contributor

I think everyone on this Forum would dress up in a snowsuit,armed with dog-food and join Yoko and GG,if we could and the best gift we could get is to see Jace safe and sound.
GG,please let Yoko know,we love her for what she is doing and are 100% with her,if only in spirit:love: