Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:35 PM

Found Grey and White Cat: New Edinburg area (Ottawa)

This kitty has been hanging around the Ivy Crescent/MacKay area since June. It used to have a collar but now it's gone. It's a very, very sweet cat so I'm pretty sure it belonged to someone (maybe they moved away). I would estimate its age at around 1 1/2 years though it's quite skinny, so it's hard to tell. I would bring it to the Humane Society to scan for a microchip but don't have access to a car so hopefully someone will recognize it!
Please email me if this is your kitty.
So sorry for the bad photos, I'm using an old cell phone
Attached Images

Last edited by vkas; August 15th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Senior Contributor

vkas, thank you for caring about this kitty and trying to find it's owner. Are you caring for her in the meanwhile? She looks like she's sitting in a window in the pics (or is that just a balcony rail). She's lucky if you've taken her on for now. Would you keep her if you can't find her owners? Bless you for caring.
Old August 15th, 2012, 04:05 PM

I was away for a couple of weeks and when I saw her last night on my porch I went and bought food for it (gobbled up in minutes!).
Thankfully a friend of mine is lending me her car so I can bring it to the Humane Society. I'm hoping it's microchipped and they will find the owner. If not, I will adopt it. I can't believe someone would just abandon it.
I've had many cats that have lived to their 20s so she'll be in good hands
Old August 15th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm so glad to hear you would keep her (it) if she's not chipped and the owners can't be found. I'm sure you would make a good guardian. You already are. Could you take her to a vet to get scanned for a chip and avoid the spca? Would he humane society charge you to adopt the cat? That just wouldn't seem right to me after you've taken such good care of her.
Old August 16th, 2012, 01:46 PM

We will have to pay the usual adoption fee if the owners can't be located but in the meantime they will check it for diseases/fleas,etc and also determine what temperament it has (we have another kitty so it needs to be ok with other cats). Bringing it to the vet would cost more for all those tests...but first we have to catch it! LOL
Old August 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM

A happy ending to this story...we were able to bring the kitty to the Humane Society and they had the owner on file and would be contacting them. Good thing too because the Ottawa shelter is at full capacity and they are getting about 30 cats a day
Old August 17th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Senior Contributor

vkas, that is good news for the kitty. Again though. bless you for caring for this little creature. You have a good heart. We'd love if you were to stick around and share your stories with us, and pics of your current kitty too! Oh, I see you have 10 posts, I must go see!
Old August 17th, 2012, 12:54 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

So glad you were able to find the owners!!! Hooray!!! Thanks for caring enough to follow through for this kitty!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 18th, 2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
vkas, that is good news for the kitty. Again though. bless you for caring for this little creature. You have a good heart. We'd love if you were to stick around and share your stories with us, and pics of your current kitty too! Oh, I see you have 10 posts, I must go see!
I wish I could talk about my kitties but I said goodbye to my last fur baby right before Christmas, she was a young 20 and the year before that at Easter my other sweetie at the age of 17 (what is it with the holidays?!).

My better half who lives in North Bay has a 7-year old cat and we plan on adopting another one because the other cat ran away in June...we're really, really hoping she'll come back (her lost poster in up on this site) but the remaining kitty is so lonely...if she comes back, we'll have three
Old August 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
So glad you were able to find the owners!!! Hooray!!! Thanks for caring enough to follow through for this kitty!
And guess who was back on my doorstep this morning? Some people never learn...it was the fifth time this poor kitty had been brought to the Humane Society by folks like me who thought she was lost..nooooo, just that the owners like to leave her out all the time...she's so thin...oh well, at least I know she has a home
Old August 18th, 2012, 07:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That's terrible.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."