Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 20th, 2011, 04:22 PM

Found kitten in Brossard, QC

Found grey kitten is still hanging around. Very friendly with very pronounced opposing thumbs (polydactyl cat) on front paws (six toes). I am continuing to feed the kitten and providing exterior heated shelter. Gets along well with the other black stray(previous posts). Will try to get kitten to vet in long shot hope that kitten may be micro-chipped.
Attached Images

Old November 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM

Update on found kitten in Brossard

Have taken kitten to the vet but unfortunately she wasn't microchipped. Also not spayed. Now looking for low cost spay and release clinic in the Montreal area. I do not mind feeding and providing outdoor shelter for this extremely loveable and gentle kitten but do not want to end up with a litter. Thanks.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Senior Contributor

What a beautiful kitty with green eyes. that someone takes it off the streets esp if she is friendly. SPCA has a low cost spay clinic, is there one in Quebec?
Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty11 View Post
What a beautiful kitty with green eyes. that someone takes it off the streets esp if she is friendly. SPCA has a low cost spay clinic, is there one in Quebec?
The Montreal SPCA does not have the contract. Unfortunately it is another place and this cat will be euthanized if he/she goes there.

I can make arrangements for this cat to be accepted at the MSPCA if the OP wants. I cannot get into a rescue as they are full.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Woofendog BM is offering a perfect chance to get him off the streets are you able to catch him?
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old November 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM

Found kitten in Brossard

She is a beautiful and extremely friendly kitten who would make a great pet for life. Catching her is no problem as she waits with the black cat on my back steps every morning. This morning she charged onto my enclosed back deck and came face to face with my 20 pounder. She is also very talkative and spends most of the day in my backyard. If I sit on the back steps, she sits on my knee. I will feed her again later tonight as I do every morning and night. She sleeps in the outdoor heated shelter. My biggest concern is that she has not been spayed. I have an appointment with the vet for November 28. My idea was to have her spayed and release her to my backyard. Of course finding a permanent forever home for her would be ideal. Please contact me if you can help. Thanks
Old November 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Found kitten in Brossard Update

Friendly kitten still hanging around waiting for her owner to claim her. When I open the enclosed rear deck door, she charges in and tries to eat the food meant for my indoor cats. She is always talkative and will probably end up like my fourteen year old male, Smokey, who always has his mouth in motion.
Attached Images

Old November 20th, 2011, 04:35 PM

Found kitten in Brossard

Kitten still hanging around. Now waits for breakfast with her newfound friend.Very friendly and playful. Hopefully someone will recognize thier lost pet.
Attached Images

Old November 28th, 2011, 09:04 AM

Found kitten Brossard

The friendly stray kitten has been delivered to the vet this morning. After she is spayed, I am told that she must remain indoors for ten days. This will create a problem with my other cats but I will find a solution. I am doing my part while hoping that someone will claim her. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old November 28th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Senior Contributor

So kind of you to look after this kitty. Can u put up flyers to see if someone wants to adopt this kitty? Esp now that the cost of spaying is covered.
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:05 AM

Found kitten Brossard

I have put her picture and info on various web sites. I will put up a posting at the vet when I pick her up this evening. And of course, I have to be very carefull not to give this sweet and affectionate kitten to someone who will discard her after a few weeks. In the meantime, I have moved her temperature controlled outdoor cat house to inside my backyard cabin. She will be warm and very well fed until she is returned to her owner or adopted. I asked the vet to keep her overnight but was told that they are over-crowded. Good to hear that some people are taking care of their pets. Just have to get the others to stop buying animals from pet stores and to stop discarding them. Thanks.
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Found kitten Brossard

Picked her up from the vet earlier this evening. She was a little too groggy to leave alone in her heated cat house so we gave her the spare bedroom. Now she's stumbling around while checking things out. Posted her picture at the vet's. Will post more pictures at other vet's tomorrow in hopes of finding her a home. Just hope our older very talkative grey cat does not spend the night talking to her and keeping us awake.
Attached Images

Old November 29th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Senior Contributor

I wish I knew people in Quebec, I would love her to find a home. She's so sweet!!!!
Old November 29th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Senior Contributor

The OP can ask to Courtesy Post on rescue website as she wishes to find the right home for this cat.
To me, having this cat on a rescue site gets exposure and subsequently a good home.
Old November 29th, 2011, 08:50 AM

Found kitten in Brossard

Thanks. Please post her as she needs to find that forever home. She is extremely loveable. Rubbing against my legs as I type this message. Loves to be held and purrs loudly. Eating well and using her litter box.
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Senior Contributor

I cannot post her on your behalf. You have to find a rescue that will do this.
I will pm you so that you can network this with a rescue.
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Woofendog, thank you for caring for this girl. She is gorgeous! I hope she finds a forever home soon. Bless you for helping her out, you are her guardian angel.
Old November 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the kind comments. She sure is something else. As I type this message she is laying on my lap reaching up to my face with those big paws. Other times she grabs my fingers with her paws or kneads my arm without using her claws. She is content just to be held. Those paws really allow her to get a good grip. She purrs away and looks up lovingly.
Thanks to BenMax I have been in contact with the rescue groups who have responded. I also received a telephone call from someone who works at the vet where she was sterilized and where I left a flyer. She may be in a new home by this evening! I will insist that they return her to me if they are unable to care for her for whatever reason. And of course I will ask them to email me photos. Now she's nibbling on my fingers as I try to type. Thanks.
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofendog View Post
Thanks for the kind comments. She sure is something else. As I type this message she is laying on my lap reaching up to my face with those big paws. Other times she grabs my fingers with her paws or kneads my arm without using her claws. She is content just to be held. Those paws really allow her to get a good grip. She purrs away and looks up lovingly.
Thanks to BenMax I have been in contact with the rescue groups who have responded. I also received a telephone call from someone who works at the vet where she was sterilized and where I left a flyer. She may be in a new home by this evening! I will insist that they return her to me if they are unable to care for her for whatever reason. And of course I will ask them to email me photos. Now she's nibbling on my fingers as I try to type. Thanks.
Woofendog, I am so glad that you received postive feedback from the rescues provided. All are great organizations that really have the animals best interest at heart.
Also great is that you may have found a home through the vet clinic. This is fantastic news for sure.
Best to you and this lucky kitty. I wish everyone had the same heart you posess.
Keep us updated on progress in finding that furever home.
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Found Kitten In Brossard

BenMax, thanks for the kind words. The sweet kitten has a new home. It was hard to get her into the pet carrier but even harder to watch her leave with that loud meow. We can only hope that she will be well taken care of. We stressed the importance of returning the kitten to us if the new owner is unable to take care of her for any reason whatsoever. Hopefully we will receive the e-mail photos and news of her progress. Thank you all for your encouragement in finding her a new home.
Old December 1st, 2011, 04:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofendog View Post
BenMax, thanks for the kind words. The sweet kitten has a new home. It was hard to get her into the pet carrier but even harder to watch her leave with that loud meow. We can only hope that she will be well taken care of. We stressed the importance of returning the kitten to us if the new owner is unable to take care of her for any reason whatsoever. Hopefully we will receive the e-mail photos and news of her progress. Thank you all for your encouragement in finding her a new home.
For all your kindness and the extended hand that you gave this cat, you will be repaid with the same kindness one day during your life's journey. You did such a great thing.