Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old December 24th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Some Pics From The River

I took Bo and Annie out to the river near the house to walk the piers and look at the duckies as I was feeding them. I managed to get a few nice portraits of them, plus a couple pics of the duckies and the river.

Annie

*MORE*

Mom to the rescue crew:

Sam - 2y/o terrier mix | Annie - 9y/o whippet mix | Callie - 6y/o dachshund | Caeli - 5y/o dachshund | Gracie - 9y/o dachshund
Mattie - 12y/o dachshund | Rosie - 3y/o dachshund | Gage - 1y/o dachshund | Bo - 10y/o beagle | Katie - 4y/o beagle mix
Jake - 11 y/o shih tzu | Triumph - 2y/o shih tzu mix | Lily - 3y/o shih tzu | Emmy - 2y/o chihuahua mix | Audubon - 8y/o pointer mix
Old December 24th, 2009, 03:15 PM

Bo

That's all!

Mom to the rescue crew:

Sam - 2y/o terrier mix | Annie - 9y/o whippet mix | Callie - 6y/o dachshund | Caeli - 5y/o dachshund | Gracie - 9y/o dachshund
Mattie - 12y/o dachshund | Rosie - 3y/o dachshund | Gage - 1y/o dachshund | Bo - 10y/o beagle | Katie - 4y/o beagle mix
Jake - 11 y/o shih tzu | Triumph - 2y/o shih tzu mix | Lily - 3y/o shih tzu | Emmy - 2y/o chihuahua mix | Audubon - 8y/o pointer mix
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:55 PM

Awesome shots! Did either Annie or Bo want to go in after the ducks?

What kind of camera do you have?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old December 25th, 2009, 09:31 PM

Thanks!

Yeah, Bo REALLLYYY wanted to go after the ducks and made an attempt to go off the end of the dock twice, LOL.

I'm currently using a Fuji S6000.

However, I'm getting ready to upgrade, finally. Trying to decide between a Canon XSi, Canon EOS T1i, or a Nikon D3000. I really want a Nikon D90, but the price is a bit too steep. :sad:

Mom to the rescue crew:

Old December 25th, 2009, 10:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Ya, I can see Bo really wanted to go! Beagles have a look about them (even when seen from behind) when their attention is captured...

Annie and Bo are lovely! Great pics!

And that second last one of the ducks in front of the pier--how did you get that angle? It's too cold to be swimmin' so I'm hopin' you were in a boat!

Is the Nikon D3000 really less expensive than the D90? I have a D90--the last gift from my late father--and I love it! Very easy to use (even right from the box) and the picture quality is excellent!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
And that second last one of the ducks in front of the pier--how did you get that angle? It's too cold to be swimmin' so I'm hopin' you were in a boat!
Nooo, no swimming for me, way too cold!

Actually it's been raining here a lot for the last few weeks, and the river is really high. In fact, it was up under the pier, just a few inches from coming up over them. So I just laid on my stomach and took a photo, and that's how I got that shot.

Quote:
Is the Nikon D3000 really less expensive than the D90? I have a D90--the last gift from my late father--and I love it! Very easy to use (even right from the box) and the picture quality is excellent!
Oh my gosh is it! The D3000 is $619, the D90 on $1199!

Is the D90 the camera your using for pics you post here on the board? If so, I want to go look through them and take a peek at the photo quality. I really want the D90, but the price is just outrageous. And it's going to be a gift from my mother, who's been wanting to upgrade my camera for a while, since photography is such a big hobby of mine. But I can't see requesting that she spend THAT much money though (was considering, if I DO get the D90, just letting her pay the amount she was intending to, and me paying the rest). However, the place we are getting the camera is a place we have a charge account with and they're known for being pricer than other places.

The Canon Rebel XSi is $699 and the Canon EOS T1i (the next step up from the Rebel XSi) is $849.

Right now, for me, it's become a pretty close choice between the XSi and the D3000.

Mom to the rescue crew:

Old December 25th, 2009, 11:32 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I got a package "deal" that included a 70-300 mm zoom, external flash and a tripod plus I purchased an extra battery, all for about $2200, if I'm remembering right.... It was pretty pricey. But I love it!

Most of my recent pics are taken with the D90, but you can't really tell much from the quality because I have to reduce them so small to push them past my modem.

But to show one thing I love about it, I took this shot:
Name:  one.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  92.7 KB

cropped it down to this (with an absolute size of 218 KB and 960 x 640 pixels),
Name:  two.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  77.5 KB

and it still prints beautifully!

The resolution astounds me!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 26th, 2009, 12:32 AM

Oh, so awesome!

Yeah, $2200 sounds right with a lens and accessories such as the external flash (which I want, for whichever camera I decide) and tripod.

Every review I read, and every thread on every photography forum, just raves and raves and raves over the D90. I am so in love with it, but oh the price... LOL.

It's still not completely out of the question though, it's on my consideration list. I want it badly, LOL.

Mom to the rescue crew:

Old December 26th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Your pics are beautiful! I love the close up of the ducks! I think I need a new camera.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old December 26th, 2009, 10:32 AM

UTANRO, I'm with you about the D90. I've been wanting a DSLR for a while, saved for a year, and am now going out to buy one. I too want the D90, but, oh, the price! Do you have to get it ata thata specific store? Here in Canada the prices for the basic kit (which I've been watching closely) have been dropping for Boxing Day. They have dropped almost $200 dollars at some of the authorized dealers.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old December 26th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

Beautiful pics.

I like the D90 myself.here in ont some of the stores before xmas were having some good sales.i have the D80 with the 18-135mm and 70-300 VR and just need to only buy a body not any lens and have and external flash.