Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old June 14th, 2005, 10:14 AM

Wanted: pug / boston terrier / french bulldog - Vancouver

Good morning

Before I start looking to breeders I thought I would check here again for any pugs/ Boston terriers / french bulldogs/ mixes needing adoption. Male or Female, any colour, under 3 yrs preferably. Would be nice if the dog had some experience with a cat, although I don't have one full time

I've kept my eye on pet finder and herefor about 8 months with no luck. One sweetie did come up on pet finder last week, but her owner reclaimed her :/ I do belong to Brindelweb, and am sending applications to Pug Canada and the BTCC.

A little about me, I live in a pet friendly apartment, with a patio. Lots of parks nearby, as well as my vet, 10 Min's away. No children. I've volunteered at the SPCA on and off for a little over a year, and would be OK taking on a dog that needs additional training, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks~
Danielle
Old June 14th, 2005, 10:34 AM

Sounds like you've got a lot of it covered. All I can say is keep searching!

And by the way, great dog breed choices! I love those breeds! What about english bulldogs though?!

Good luck with your search!
Old June 14th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm sure you've already seen this site, but just in case you haven't:
http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org/
Old June 16th, 2005, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the Frenchie site... Doesn't look to have any Canadian contacts, But I'll try emailing the Washington ones.

I love English Bulldogs too, but they're even more rare in our area... i think I've maybe seen 1 or 2 out and about. local breeders charge $2000-2500 for them here.
Old June 16th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

If you can get to Ontario! http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old June 17th, 2005, 11:23 AM

don't a lot of airlines have policies against transporting snub nosed dogs? Does anywhere know of somewhere I can look for more information? There are dozens and dozens of dogs in LA, and I was thinking of taking a short trip there this summer...
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:27 AM

Has anyone dealt with "Grays Harbor Pug and Boston Terrier Rescue" in Aberdeen, WA?

I went through her whole application process, only to be told they require a full fenced in yard

Anybody had any success convincing a resue otherwise?

Thanks!
Danielle
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I went through her whole application process, only to be told they require a full fenced in yard
That makes little sense, especially with a dog like a pug!

I have fostered dogs like Labs and greyhounds with no fenced yard,even though the rescues required one.

Be persistant. Let them know what a great pet owner you are, offer references, and that the dog will be indoors only and taken for regular leash walks.
Old July 10th, 2007, 02:14 PM

From the day I was born, I was surrounded by dogs and have had dogs as pets all my life. Yet as much as I try to adopt I can't. It is very dicouraging and tiring to go through such a lengthy process and then be denied time after time. I understand the requirement of a thorough check for the sake of the adoptee but I feel that it can go a bit extreme especially with sincere adopters who already have dogs as pets, and knowledge of the breed. It has now gotten to the point for me to consider buying a dog than to try to help.
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Hi Danielle,

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkitten View Post
Good morning

Before I start looking to breeders I thought I would check here again for any pugs/ Boston terriers / french bulldogs/ mixes needing adoption. Male or Female, any colour, under 3 yrs preferably. Would be nice if the dog had some experience with a cat, although I don't have one full time

I've kept my eye on pet finder and herefor about 8 months with no luck. One sweetie did come up on pet finder last week, but her owner reclaimed her :/ I do belong to Brindelweb, and am sending applications to Pug Canada and the BTCC.

A little about me, I live in a pet friendly apartment, with a patio. Lots of parks nearby, as well as my vet, 10 Min's away. No children. I've volunteered at the SPCA on and off for a little over a year, and would be OK taking on a dog that needs additional training, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks~
Danielle

Last edited by Capt. Jack; July 13th, 2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: No personal information please.
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM

blynn - I am sure you have the best of intentions, but only approved rescues are allowed to offer pets for adoption on this forum.

Also - the original post is from 2005. I am sure the OP found a dog.