Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old November 8th, 2002, 01:58 AM

Cat Urinating on Bed

No matter how hard I try to convince him of doing otherwise, my 3 year old cat is urinating on my bed. He is using his litterbox without any problems, and there has been no change to his habits since I got him a year ago. He has just started to do this in the last 3 months, and I am getting tired of sleeping on the couch. What can I do to stop this from happening again? I have to keep my bedroom door closed at all times, even when I'm in there, and it drives him nuts that he can't be in there with me. Spraying my bed with a vinager/water solution didn't solve the problem, and he's done it again. I used more vinager, and still he gives me wet surprises. I've taken him to the vet concerned about a UT issue, but all their tests came back negative. They say that he is depressed because he no longer has his playmate, but he's been without him for 4 months now. Shouldn't he be over that by now, or do I have an overly sensitive cat? PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I'm getting tired of sleeping on the couch.
Old November 15th, 2002, 08:44 PM

I'll assume the cat is neutered. If not that will help.

Otherwise cats also hate orange peels, and they do sell commercial sprays that cats hate, even on this site.

good luck

Ophelia