Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 8th, 2005, 09:16 AM

Groomer needed in Calgary

Im looking for a good, gentle groomer in Calgary for Belle (Cockerspaniel) Wolf (pomeranian) and Charlie (Long haired cat).

Belle gets very stressed out in new situations, so a groomer that will take things slow with her and has experience with previously abused dogs would be great.

Thanks
Sarah
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:19 AM

I'm in Calgary and I use Pretty Paws. She comes to our house, although on her card it says "Mobile Grooming or Drop-off Service, Obedience Classes and Boarding", so I guess you can drop them off! I've never seen her kennels or anything, but when she comes to the house she's great. One of my girls absolutely HATES grooming and when we used to take her to another groomer, she got her tongue cut (so she now sports a forked tongue) and the groomer said that he would not groom her again unless she was sedated because she was that unbearable. Well I definitely didn't want to sedate my dog if there were other options available so I tried this groomer and she says that Mocha isn't a problem at all. I don't watch her groom them because it makes Mocha freak out more, but I turn the intercom on and listen to her and the entire time and she never yells at either of them, she only talks in a very soothing voice. My other dog, Panna, is very nervous and always cowers too, but Wendy said she was fine and she sounded fine through the intercom too. She owns four rescued Rottweilers and I know that at least one was abused, so she has experience in that area. She has two numbers listed on her card: 207-8858, 936-5405, and her cell is 850-1548, but I usually call the first number, I just listed them all in case you couldn't get ahold of her through one.

By the way, I saw Wolf - what a cutie! I wish I could take him, he's perfect, but according to my parents two dogs is enough. I'm looking around to see if anybody's interested though, bless your heart for taking him in! Poor little guy deserves the best home now.
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:35 AM

Thanks so much chocolatecoffee, I will call her! Im always more comfortable when someone has expereince and can recommend a groomer!

Wolf is an absolute doll, I wish I could keep him but Shadow hasn't even been with us for a month and I think he deserves more attention then I can give him. I know the perfect home is out there for him, I just have to find it!!!! Thaks for keeping your eye out!

Sarah
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:37 AM

I called her, she seems like a very nice lady and the dogs are going in today!!!
Thanks
Sarah