Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old May 17th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you for all your knowledge

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you for the priceless information and knowledge that you share and offer us all. Even though I've had dogs all my life, I've learned so much about nutrition, supplements, health care and such since coming here. Always somebody has had the same issues and readily shares their experience when asked for help. It's amazing really. Right now with Shadow on the cartophen shots, it made me wonder because my vet never suggested them to me, and if I hadn't been told about them here on the board I would never have known to ask him and we wouldn't have had these great results for her.

So I just want to thank you all personally for your time and generosity in sharing your knowledge. We all can learn something new just by looking around for more information. You guys truly rock!!
Old May 17th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Doggie Wench

I am so happy the Cartrophen is working for Shadow . And I'm glad you started this thread...we haven't had a feel-good-thank-you-thread in a while and it's time .

I, too, am beyond appreciative for all the information and help I've received from members. Everything I know about dogs (and am learning about cats, fish, birds, deer, bees, etc ) all started here. Lives were saved and/or improved, both fosters and our own dogs, because of the folks I've met here. But I'm most grateful for the wonderful friends I've made that have personally helped and supported me (and put up with my emails, phone calls, and panic attacks ) through some extremely trying times recently. I hope I can one day repay you. You know who you are and I love you .
Old May 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Senior Contributor

yep, I'm grateful also, some on here helped me through brina's surgery, not just with words of encouragement (which really helped) but with tales of their own experiences with tplo, for that, I thank you all!!
Old May 17th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

I can't even begin to express my gratitude. We would most likely be without our precious Nookie if it weren't for 1 specific person here, won't mention names (LP!!!)
And as for all the numerous issues hubby and I have encountered over the past year, well... everything I have learned has been from the wonderful people here. And the support, I can't even imagine having the strength to go through what we have without all the care/support I have received.
And I have made some very wonderful friends here, both online and irl
to you all and for all the support and genuine concern!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old May 17th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Of course you ladies have added wonderfully to this thread. I was so busy being greatful for the knowledge I've gained, I completely forgot to mention all the moral and emotional support I've had from you. The friends I've never met, but know they care. It's priceless!
Old May 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes,I joined here in 2004(I think)right after Rocky had attacked me the first time,at that time "Lucky Rescue",a wonderful girl,helped me understand why he did this to me.
Everyone told me he is vicious and should be put down(not that I would have)I was quiet severely bitten.
I learned to watch for body-language and to figure out what caused him to do this.
Over the years,since it happened 2 more times and when Rocky was ill,the support here has been wonderful...and I know when I sat here crying last september after Rocky past,I was not the only one.
Everyone here,who like me,love animals,made me realize,I am not a "nutcase"or strange,like I at times have been told
Old May 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Everyone here,who like me,love animals,made me realize,I am not a "nutcase"or strange,like I at times have been told
Yeah, I like feeling "normal" amongst our peers here too .