Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old February 17th, 2004, 05:24 PM

Cat with tumour - Answered by Dr. Guindon

HI I have 6 cats one is the Mum quite old - I've been told she has a tumour in her tummy - she is on a diuretic and a steriod tab. Her tummy is distended and full of liquid. The vet suggests that operating isn't often successful and that she should stay on tabs while she is OK. She seems to be happier now she is on meds, however she prefers not to go out now, which is fine. I would like to find a homeopathic medicine which might improve the fluid problem or help in any other way (dietry suppliments) she lost weight and I want to improve her resistance. Any ideas.

Also looking for a homeopathic remedy for one of my cats who fights with the others a little too much.

Any advice wld be appreciated. Thanks
Old April 18th, 2004, 01:14 PM

Re: Two Problems - Cats

Hi there, no-one replied to my question. Dear Vet do you have an opinion? Any ideas appeciated.

Quote:
Originally posted by ais
HI I have 6 cats one is the Mum quite old - I've been told she has a tumour in her tummy - she is on a diuretic and a steriod tab. Her tummy is distended and full of liquid. The vet suggests that operating isn't often successful and that she should stay on tabs while she is OK. She seems to be happier now she is on meds, however she prefers not to go out now, which is fine. I would like to find a homeopathic medicine which might improve the fluid problem or help in any other way (dietry suppliments) she lost weight and I want to improve her resistance. Any ideas.

Also looking for a homeopathic remedy for one of my cats who fights with the others a little too much.

Any advice wld be appreciated. Thanks
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi AIS,I believe nobody answered because they have no idea how to help you,there are people here who know a lot about cats and their problems,but might just be busy at the moment,be patient and someone will answer you.
I have always had cats and currently have 3,but I know nothing of your poor cats problem.
There is a vet who answers,but it might take a while and could be too late for your kitty.
Just check back in and someone will help you if they can.
Good Luck!
Old April 18th, 2004, 05:55 PM

Cat with tumour in tummy

Quote:
Originally posted by ais
Hi there, no-one replied to my question. Dear Vet do you have an opinion? Any ideas appeciated.
I guess my title was to vague to catch anyones eye.
She goes though good days and then like today - drank loads of milk but didn't eat much. I was also told she was anaemic, so am giving her supplements - iron vit B and cod liver oil. Still hope someone can give me some advice about homeopathic drugs or anything else. She is currently on Predisone 1/4 tab (5mg) Frosmide 1/2 tab (20mg) both twice a day. Her tummy hasn't gone down though. Wish I could do aomething more.
Old April 18th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Senior Contributor

ais,I don't know about your cats,but mine do not get milk...maybe that's part of your kittys problem,I don't know

When I was a kid,my cat always drank only milk,but I suppose they found out milk is not good for cats,don't know why...
Old April 19th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Sorry,I can't answer your question.I've never dealt with any of this.

As for the milk,please stop giving it to your cat.

I've never given my cats milk.Not even my kitten.What I do give them is a milk suplement.It's not milk at all.But my Casper loves it.

If your cat is lactose intolerent,then definately no milk.Casper got a hold of some milk and had the runs.

You can give a bit of milk as a treat.Once in a while.That's if the cat is not lactose intolerent.

http://www.thepetprofessor.com/cat-i...-and-milk.html
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Cat with tumour

If it is a 100% proven tumour, little can be done.
But water retention in the abdomen is more often due to liver dysfunction.
If it is a liver problem, I suggest:
HEPANAT (available on this site), 3 granules once a day for 2 months.
The actual medication should be gradually decreased.
But also, their food should be more natural, like Wellness or Eagleback holistic.

Good luck

Dr.Paul Guindon DMV
Clinique veterinaire Salaberry
Medecine conventionnelle et holystique
1895 Salaberry, Montreal, QC
514-334-7280