Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old May 17th, 2002, 02:01 AM

Question cause of death

My dog JoJo was found dead suddendly on Mother's Day. I want to know the cause of death because she did not show any symtoms before her death and she had been in pretty good health all these years. JoJo was a Chow and just turned 10 yrs old. That morning she was out to relive and came back looked pretty tired and breathed pretty fast (she had been like that all the time, we thought she was getting old). Two hours later we came down stairs and found her lying dead with a big pool of blood from her month and eyes opened. Looked like she had seizure just before she died because there were urine and stool around. Also there was little bit of blood stain few feet away from her body. We checked her body and there were no wound. She was left alone only for about 45 mins and we did not know how exactly she died. Did she has heart attack ? Why there was blood ? We used Dettol (very diluted in a wet cloth) to clean her body everyday. Did she get poisoned from that and had internal bleeding ? She still had good appetite and did not loose weight so we don't think she had cancer. We don't think she picked up anything that morning when she was out because my husband was watching her. We loved her so much and she died so sudden. Please help me find out the cause of her death.