Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old June 26th, 2005, 07:31 PM

lost dog in st mathias, richelieu

SHE HAS BEEN FOUND !!!!

She never goes outside, except to be in the yard with us. small brown and black mixed breed chihuahua. she is 3 yrs old and weighs about 10 lbs. she is nursing babies so her milk supply is obvious. .Need to find her. Puppies depend on her to survive. lost on june 25th. email cablemobile@hotmail.com
Attached Images

Last edited by lauriem; July 26th, 2005 at 05:40 PM. Reason: forgot to put email
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Is this your dog?
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:01 AM

Hi Luba, yes she is my dog . She is 3 years old. We really miss her a lot. I am really worried that some one has her and wants to keep her. I have contacted all my local shelters, posted up signs with a photo, and drove around everyday, but no one has seen her. When I go out with her everyone comments on how nice she is, so, I find it weird that no one has seen her. Everyone in my neighborhood knows that she is my dog. She's been missing since friday the 24th of june. If anyone has seen her, my kids are so upset, we can't sleep or eat. We are very very sad.
she is our baby!
thanks

Last edited by lauriem; July 26th, 2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:05 AM

Are you hand feeding the babies now? They will still need ongoing human attention....they can't wait for their momma to return for attention.
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:12 AM

Yeah, I love the babies and have found them all really good homes with friends. I will have them with me for a few weeks still. She was supposed to get spayed right after her babies left. She ran off our balcony and by the time I got to the front of the house, she was gone. Half an hour later I heard her barking and I went to where I hear the barking but she was nowhere to be found. And no one saw her? My kids and I went door to door with a photo everyday since she's been gone. I'm so worried that someone will use her in a puppy mill or that we'll never see her again.

Last edited by lauriem; June 29th, 2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Lauriem,your post sent shivers down my spine,an un-altered Chihuahua lost :sad:
A great commodity... :sad
I would plaster the town with posters,maybe some kind soul will notice her with someone..her brindle colouring is a little unusual..
Good luck and I hope we'll read some good news soon
Old June 29th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Senior Contributor

I'll post it on my Petfinder site.

Are any of your other dogs intact too? Your fears about puppy mills are realistic, since small breeds and even mixes like yours are very popular with millers.

Spaying and neutering is a good way to make these dogs useless for mills.
Old June 29th, 2005, 10:25 AM

I have 4 dogs that are part of our family. One other female is spayed and I have 2 males , one neutred one not.. I was figuring I could just get the females done and it would solve the problem of unwanted puppies. My chihuahua never got pregnant before so I figured she was sterile or barren. I was wrong. I want her to have a very nice relaxed life and was planning on having her spayed when the pups were all gone. My vet advised to wait so she wouldn't be stressed and stop producing milk for the pups.

thanks for any help anyone can offer I pray I'll find her soon.
Old June 29th, 2005, 12:09 PM

I agree with Chico. With her unique colouring you may be able to strike a chord with someone who may have seen her. She's not the standard shade for a CHI, not to mention most people notice CHI's when they are out and about as they are so teeny.

I would poster the place up like it's your last task in the world....your baby is not spayed and is in a province that is jam packed with puppy mills. She's an ideal candidate for a life of breeding.....get colour photos, knock on more doors, keep calling....someone may have a heart and bring her back if they see you aren't willing to let up.

Good luck! I hope she finds her way home
Old June 29th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Senior Contributor

And a massive reward would help.
Old June 29th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't want to raise any hope,but maybe someone just thought that your dog looked lost. What I mean is if your dog never goes out and just happened to go out at the same time a puppy mill collector drove by, well that would be very coincidental, or they were just stalking your home for a while, which is very sick. i just hope that someone assumed that your dog looked lost. I don't know anything about puppy mills, but if that is what they do then there should be something legal that should be done. Are there any puppy mills in your area or do you know of anyone that may know someone who may have a puppy mill. You might want to have a huge reward, which they may prefer, instead of your dog. Did you get your dog from a petstore...maybe they got your dog from the same puppy mill that's got her now. In that case they may be able to help.I don't want to accuse any petstores of getting their dogs from puppy mills, but since I got to Montreal I've heard nothing but bad things about the lack of help to stop puppy mills and how some petstores get all their animals from mills.
I really hope you find your dog, for her well being, the puppies and yours. Maybe if you post a reward for her safe return,or knowledge of her whereabouts you may get someone to tell you something.I am sorry for rambling on, but I am so tired of hearing about puppy mills and unable to help put them out of business. I really wish you luck. Please keep us posted.
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Senior Contributor

cpietra, you can learn about puppymills (and QC is the puppymill capital of Canada) here:

No Puppymills Canada
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Another suggestion would be to look in your local paper at the ads for puppies/dogs. Most (not all - but 99%) tend to be puppy mills or BYBs. You could check out these puppy mills pretending to buy a dog and have a look around.

I hope you find your dog!
Old June 29th, 2005, 04:16 PM
banned user

Since no one else stated it , I'll say it now. Huge Rewards are not good things.
They MAY make the person with the animal feel it is worth more and therefore they will keep/breed it, because of that.
So there is pro's and con's to rewards.
Old June 29th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I've often seen"Needs Meds"in ads,maybe that would deter a puppy-miller...but then again what would they do with the dog...
Old June 29th, 2005, 05:28 PM

Thanks for all your support and help. I went out again 2 times today and posted more flyers and asked kids and adults. I'll go out again after my dinner.
I did post a reward of 100.00 dollars. I am putting an add in my local paper and in neighboring town papers too. All of the above scenarios are so possible. It could be that a family thinks she is lost and decided to keep her, could be a puppy miller, Ive looked in the local papers too. I really don't want to give up hope of finding her. I just feel like she's waiting for me to find her, it's so stressful and sad I can hardly stand it. You are all so great to help out. I really appreciate everyones input, thanks.
Old June 29th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Ad #61531 Chihuahua for Sale June 27, 2005
1 1/2 yr old female shorthair chihuahua. looks like paris hilton's or the taco bell dog. socialized, has all shots up to date, cage trained, doesn't chew. in toronto area. needs loving home soon. price negotiable. classified ads

Saw this ad, thought u should call maybe
Old June 29th, 2005, 06:11 PM

I'm on it right now Luba,,,, i'll let you know if it's her. thanks
Old June 29th, 2005, 06:19 PM

just got the answering machine left a message as if I wanted to buy her dog, hopefully she'll call me back.
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:24 PM

Just wanted you all to know that I called the person that was selling a chi in To and it is not Sweety. Still to date , no one has seen her. One of my posters was removed today, hope it is with good intentions.

All your prayers are needed, thanks everyone.
Laurie
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:25 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Are ya sure? Did you get a picture to see?
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:51 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I keep looking through classifieds as I'm trying to find an awning for my house and these dogs keep sticking out at me..this is so funny!

Here is another one....
1 year old female chihuahua for sale too busy with work Description : Color : Fawn Eye color: Black Weight : 6lb Age : 1 Price : $700 Registered : No Spayed : No Asking: $650
(647) 831-2396
Email User
Old July 1st, 2005, 06:29 PM

No, she is going to send me a photo next week, and i'm already on that second one you gave me, thanks so much Luba, you're a Godsent! What would I do without you all! I'll keep searching!
Old July 1st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

It's my pleasure

I do hope you find her!
Old July 1st, 2005, 06:58 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I would maybe also let the Chi rescues know, give them a couple of pictures of her and indicate any specific identifying features!

Forgot to say that before
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Chihuahu for sale!!! Inspiron808@hotmail.com 416-830-3975
1 year old female chihuahua for sale beacause we are just way too busy with our business to continue breeding her or keep her as a pet .We are selling her for $700 or best offer . Description : Color : Fawn Eye color: Black Weight : 6lb Age : 1 Price : $700 Registered : No Spayed : No E-mail me for details : Inspiron808@hotmail.com We are in toronto * Cash upon pick up only
Old July 7th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Have you physically gone to AMR and Berger Blanc? I hate to say it but they both do have "back rooms" for dogs if you get my drift. :sad:
Old July 7th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I don't ....can you explain a little?
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:22 AM

Fabulous news everyone!!!

Hi everyone, Sweety has been found.
I posted some posters with a 100.00$ reward and the very next day I got a phone call. The family said they found her in my town and decided to take her 3 towns away into Carignan near Greenfield park. I never would have searched that area!

They said they knew she had babies and they went to their city hall to ask if anyone reported a missing dog. DUH, it's beyond me why they wouldn't ask the city hall in the town that they found her in? A few nights ago a pet shop called me and said someone came in with a dog that fits my description and looks just like the photo. They bought toys ,collar and a leash, food and said they had just adopted her! The sales clerk said "From where?" and the couple said they had found her and wanted to keep her. The couple was a brother and sister.

In between which time they must have saw one of my posters around town because they really seemed to be happy to get the money! It was teenagers that had her, they were about 17 or so and living with their parents. I offered them a rebate on a puppy but they took the money instead.

I'm very glad that this is all over and Sweety is going to be spayed in two weeks. This weekend I'm going to get her a collar with her name and tel number and she hasn't left my sight or my side. I hugged and kissed her so much. I'm so thankful to have her back. thanks everyone for the support and the help.
xo Laurie
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

YEAHHH thats great news!!! So happy for you guys!

See you never know where they go or what happens to them. Does she look like they were taking good care of her?

OH I"m sooo happy! A++++ on the spay btw
Attached Images