Old June 5th, 2004, 09:36 PM

Unhappy Helen

Second Cat Missing

Date Missing: Thursday, June 3, 2004—9:30 am
Location: 109 Cameron Avenue South, Hamilton, Ontario L8K 2X5 (near Kenilworth and King areas down in the east end of the City).
Name: Precious—1 years old
Color: Black, if you brush the hair backwards in the sun she is chocolate underneath, she has gold eyes, all nails, is spayed and microchipped
Special Markings: two black port wine stains inside upper roof of mouth
Wearing: Old black stretchy elastic colar with big red heart with address information/phone number and name on it, also a round silver S.P.C.A. tag with a number on it—she is also microchipped. You can notify Kingsway Hospital on King Street or the SPCA on Dartnall Road and Rymal—whichever is closer. I ask that you kindly look closely in your bushy area and under deck—she hides well.

My email is: baluga@execulink.com my mother would prefer that people use my internet address instead of her phone. PLEASE, if your child brought home this cat, bring it back to me. This cat means a LOT to me—I will not give up until it is back at my home. Thank You!!!

Please view the picture below. Thank you.
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Senior Contributor

For some reason the link won't work for me....

I also suggest you put up fliers with her pic all over...In stores,other vet clinics.Anywhere you can..

I'm up the mountain,but I will keep my eye open...Also,keep an eye in the Hamilton Spec in the lost and found.

Hope you find her.
Old June 5th, 2004, 11:04 PM

Baluga/Helen

Hi Mona:

Thank you very much for replying. This is my second cat that has disappeared misteriously. I was not able to find my last cat, but I am very much hoping to find this one, and still looking for the other. Thanks for your concern and your ideas for helping to find her.

Helen
God Bless!
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear that this is your second cat that has disapeard...

If and when you do find her,can I suggest you keep her indoors...

Or if you want her to get some fresh air,take her out on a harness and leash...

I have never let my cats become outdoor cat.Just for the reason of them not coming back,getting hurt,or worse,getting killed.There are to many cat hating sickos out there that would harm a cat.

I do hope you find her.
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Helen,too often we read about outdoor cats not coming home and I am not going to preach to you,but every time your cat is roaming the streets there is a chance you'll never see him again and you know it,since two are missing.
I am hoping you'll find your cats,that they'll somehow find their way back home...but if you don't and you get yet another cat,like Mona says,take him out on a harness and leash.If you start from kitten-stage he'll get used to it.
The problem with lost cats,is that if people see a cat,they just assume he belongs to someone and does not need help,unless he is wounded or scrawny.
And I think HS is the first people would call,even if the cat has been killed by a car.
Sorry,for being gloomy,I still hope you find your cats
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:36 AM

Precious

Thanks for your reply on Precious, my cat.

The reason I never put this one on a leash is because it never strayed, had a better chance to run if caught and also my last cat's leash was cut in our backyard and then dragged under the fence and stolen--this is why I didn't want to put her on a leash.

I am posting fliers everywhere and putting the information on internet. If you have any other ideas, please email me again. Thank you! Helen
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baluga
Hi Mona:

Thank you very much for replying. This is my second cat that has disappeared misteriously. I was not able to find my last cat, but I am very much hoping to find this one, and still looking for the other. Thanks for your concern and your ideas for helping to find her.

Helen
God Bless!
Hi Mona, I wrote to another lady June 5 who submitted a thread via email to me. Here is why my cat was not on a leash:
Thanks for your reply on Precious, my cat.

The reason I never put this one on a leash is because it never strayed, had a better chance to run if caught and also my last cat's leash was cut in our backyard and then the cat dragged under the fence and stolen--this is why I didn't want to put her on a leash.

I am posting fliers everywhere and putting the information on internet. If you have any other ideas, please email me again. Thank you! Helen
Old June 6th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Helen.

When I meant putting a harness and leash on,I meant when you were out with the cat.And as much as your cat never strayed,at one point in time they do.

I actually have a friend who used to live on my street.I used to live in Toronto...She used to let Tootie out at times.Tootie never wondered away.Well she moved to Hanover.Well there you are not allowed to let your cat roam free.If your cat is found roaming,they will trap it..My friend's hubby built a little run for her.It's made of some 2x4's and chicken wire.Well Tootie loves it.But she is not left out in it alone.Someone is always out there.

How about putting an ad it in the Lost and found in the Spec?

Did you get your cats from the SPCA?