Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:14 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

we can have 6 kongs, 2 kong balls and a kong saucer out there and dinky little grace will be hoarding them all against the rest of the pack. dogs...go figure!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL@that vision of the Poodle trying to pick up 2 balls. Isn't it only dogs like Labs and bigger that can do that?
Roo is always being told off, DD, so much by Toby in fact that he doesn't waste time, he starts grovelling up to him instead of the normal happy approach. Strange that it's Toby who has been the quiet alpha dog here because as a baby pup the two golden girls made him stop eating just by eyeballing him when he tried, or where Silk was concerned, using a quiet growl. Now he goes after Roo as if to say "How dare you even glance in my direction, peasant!"
Greedy little Grace, Hazel! We have a saying for the female of my breed - 'that's why they call them bitches'. Tammy(alpha sheltie) was into hoarding like that, you have to laugh at their determination.
Old September 24th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Senior Contributor

I can have a pretty good fight going outside when Nikki decides he wants something that Lupa has. It scares me to death when they fight. Am I just being too nervous?? I guess they all fight, but what if one doesn't back down? Nikki is not shy to tear into Lupa these days.
Old September 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
LOL@that vision of the Poodle trying to pick up 2 balls. Isn't it only dogs like Labs and bigger that can do that?
Roo is always being told off, DD, so much by Toby in fact that he doesn't waste time, he starts grovelling up to him instead of the normal happy approach. Strange that it's Toby who has been the quiet alpha dog here because as a baby pup the two golden girls made him stop eating just by eyeballing him when he tried, or where Silk was concerned, using a quiet growl. Now he goes after Roo as if to say "How dare you even glance in my direction, peasant!"
Greedy little Grace, Hazel! We have a saying for the female of my breed - 'that's why they call them bitches'. Tammy(alpha sheltie) was into hoarding like that, you have to laugh at their determination.
Finlay mouth was not wide enough to hold 2 balls but he sure did try hard and yes it was funny watching him trying to pick up the second ball . I had to carry it for him or we would never had gotten home. I think Finlay was born with a tennis ball in his mouth.
Old September 24th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
I can have a pretty good fight going outside when Nikki decides he wants something that Lupa has. It scares me to death when they fight. Am I just being too nervous?? I guess they all fight, but what if one doesn't back down? Nikki is not shy to tear into Lupa these days.
I would keep an eye on your dogs just made sure they do not get into a fight.
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Senior Contributor

DD, they say your worst fight can be a dog and bitch fight, maybe that's if they don't back down. I make sure I put the fear of God(aka ME) into them as they grow up, I think you must have control. Did you take them to Obedience?
Old September 25th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Senior Contributor

They did go to puppy obedience, and I am going to sign Nikki up for a beginner class soon. He's much more rambunctious than Lupa is and since I can only do one dog at a time, he's the one. He also is not neutered yet, so still very full of himself.
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Well, it's that time of year again, when the dogs get their self serve snacks, the mulberries. Here's Roo looking for a ripe one but I think Jarrah got in ahead of him.
Attached Images

Old October 19th, 2013, 08:32 PM

What do they taste like?
Old October 19th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Senior Contributor

They must be nice, my husband likes them with cream as a dessert. I'm not fussed on them but the dogs love them too. If I start picking ripe berries all the dogs line up wanting them. LOL. Roo is in my bad books this morning. He slammed into the side of my good knee and really hurt it. He's particularly full of himself at the moment, like some juvenile delinquent.
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:29 AM

Mulberries are done for the year here, but if your dogs like them, I'll have to coax Sunshine into trying them when they come out again.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old October 20th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Senior Contributor

If they are really ripe I'm sure Sunshine might like the sweetness too. We get blue tongue lizards here trying to reach them, luckily none so far this season, my dogs might try to kill them.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:51 AM

Phoebe has never shown any interest in our mulberries, but the birds and squirrels sure do. Which means everyone wins...birds and squirrels get food, and the dog and cat have something interesting to watch through the window. LOL!
Old October 23rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Senior Contributor

We had some pears on one of our tree's this year (first year it's really had fruit) and the squirrels were chewing on them. So the ones that had squirrel bites I cut up for the pups - boy did they like those! We don't have berries though. Shadow used to love raspberries.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Senior Contributor

My lot are apple thieves. I have a tree of Golden Delicious apples that regularly get eaten by the dogs. Pears go down well too. This year I have a young nectarine tree and if any dog looks sideways at the fruit on that I might have to kill it. There's a young cherry tree and Jonathon apple too, so I'll bet there'll be some taste testing going on. I really envy you those squirrels, they must be fun to watch.
Here are a couple of photo's of Roo enjoying his last month of puppyhood, he discovered a scrubbing brush and thinks it is just the BEST toy!
Attached Images

Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe Roo is trying to bush his teeth.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:11 PM
Senior Contributor

ROFLOL. He mightn't like the feel of the bristles, which explains all the leaping and prancing, rather than pouncing and carrying. His teeth are kept pretty clean with the bones I give him.
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Senior Contributor

I dogs are a lot like kids , we go out buy them both expensive toys and they end playing with a funky bush or an empty cardboard box . Marty loves to play with sticks , I wish I could a nice hardwood stick he can't bite into too easy .
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Senior Contributor

I gave Roo a piece of redgum firewood that had been chewed on for 35+ years of cattle dogs, a very cheap toy. Thinking today I might get him a cardboard box to wreck, he'd love that. He surprised me today. A while back I tried to teach him to shake hands, but the penny didn't drop. Today he all of a sudden sat and gave me the paw. Delayed reaction for sure. Perkins learnt that super quick, in 5 minutes.
Old November 6th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Two of these amuse me. If you guess it's the last two you'd be right. Jarrah seems to have a good mouthful of him, doesn't she? Love his dear face, though not when he keeps dropping a wet cuz ball on my lap.
Attached Images

Old November 6th, 2013, 10:27 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Love that last one! Makes me smile.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
I gave Roo a piece of redgum firewood that had been chewed on for 35+ years of cattle dogs, a very cheap toy. Thinking today I might get him a cardboard box to wreck, he'd love that. He surprised me today. A while back I tried to teach him to shake hands, but the penny didn't drop. Today he all of a sudden sat and gave me the paw. Delayed reaction for sure. Perkins learnt that super quick, in 5 minutes.
I will see what kind of hardwood I can get in my city . That is very funny about Roo giving you his paw days later. Maybe he needed to think about it first. He sure is turning into a handsome young dog.
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Senior Contributor

I see a chewed up Cuz foot! Nikki brings toys for me to throw for him, not Lupa, she's too much of a Princess for that. lol

There are a couple of girls who walk by our house after school and they sometimes come into the yard to play with the dogs. Lupa likes to shake a paw, so the other day, she was sitting there and they would squat down in front of her, and without being asked she'll throw her paw at them. Well, every time she gave them her paw, they would both shriek out loud. Then Nikki would run over to see what the commotion was all about and jump on them. OMG teen girls can shriek very loud!!!
Old November 6th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Senior Contributor

DD, I heard the Beatles stopped giving concerts because of the teenage girls shrieking so loud no one could hear them sing.
Old November 6th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Is that true? It wouldn't surprise me if it was, and unlike the tennis player who started grunting with every whack of the ball and started a trend, we'll never know who thought it was a great idea to scream when some group was singing. That certainly caught on. (sigh)
That last photo makes me laugh every time I look at it, Hazel. He'll not ever be the show dog that Perkins was but he is a fun dog to own, more entertaining and a touchy feely dog. Perkins didn't really like being touched that much, where Roo asks for it and thinks he should pay it back. LOL.
You do indeed see a chewed up Cuz foot, DD, and I think that one has lost its squeak too, but he loves it.Haven't the girls realised the screaming attracts Nikki? Personally I'd avoid exciting him.
Glad you are a Roo fan, Barkingdog. I really like his (and Jarrah's) lovely dark brown eyes, it gives them a nice expression. Light eyes in this breed can look like hawk eyes and you can't tell whether to trust the dog, while black eyes, well, had to laugh at a friend who said they have as much expression as a dead cat.
Old November 6th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Roo crack me up ! He is a real character , you can tell he has a ton of personality .
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Senior Contributor

There really needs to be a video camera handy when I am doing my knee exercises on the bed. I've decided Roo can join me. Well, he brings a tug rope up with him and bounces around swinging that. He dives down so he is lying with his back against my body. Then he'll start licking my ear, my face etc.. Must say he learnt very quickly not to stand on me. The one thing he hasn't learnt is to just lie down and chill out. LOL.
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Ya, at least he's not sitting on you! When I try to do situps, the dogs increase the resistance for me by sitting on my chest. *sigh* Thanks, guys! Like I need that extra weight!

Old November 7th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Senior Contributor

I was doing my PT exercises on the floor and my hearing dog ,Finlay wanted me to throw his squeaky toy for him so he started to squeak his toy near my feet to get my attention. This did not work so Finlay took his toy and brought it right up to my head and started squeaking in right in my hearing aid as if to say " Now do you hear it!" I LOL! What a wiseass dog he was, I sure miss him like hell.
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Hahaha! A dog with a sense of humour. I like that. Forgot to add that Roo was nibbling my toes at one stage, crazy dog. Sitting upon is definitely a no-no, Hazel, I'll pack him up and send him to you if he starts that one. That'd put a halt to your workout, surely? Is it just one dog or do they all take turns? LOL.