Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:19 PM

Exclamation Dog that is in pain when barking.

hi, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me.
This weekend we went camping in our trailer and brought my little 15 pound dog with us. we have bunk beds and my dog was on the top bunk. He has been up there before and NEVER even goes close to the edge, plus i was up there with him, BUT i will NEVER do this again, as this time, he JUMPED off!!!

He saw a piece of chip that fell on the ground and jumped for it. I guess he forgot that he was on a bunk bed. He was very dizzy and limped for a few minutes. He wanted to sleep but i didnt let him sleep for a few hours because i feared he had a concussion and there were no vets anywhere nearby.

After about 1 hour he was back to normal. The next day there was NO signs that he had any injuries, he was running around, eating and drinking normally.

BUT now it is monday. we got back yesterday night. He seemed fine, until recently, he seems like he is in pain when he barks!!!! He only barks when someone rings the doorbell but when my sister rang the bell, he barked once and then stopped and starting crying. he tried to bark again, but the same thing happened!!! I am bring him to the vet on thursday, but i was wondering if anyone has any advice or what i should expect? Do you think the pain in barking and the fall could be related?

AND PLEASE, i dont need to hear that he shouldnt have been on the bunk bed. I KNOW he that already and I will never do it again. it was a mistake.

THANK YOU

-Melanie