Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old June 5th, 2004, 10:06 AM

Okay I know I've been gone for a few days but a couple of things are missing here:
1). I thought Heidi decided to give Damien away? Wasn't there a thread of her being so upset and crying and everyone giving her sympathy? and..
2). I thought she found a GSD forum to answer all of her questions? ....Just wondering...

BTW Heidi you've been shown extreme tolerance and patience when trying to help your dog. Did you not try any of the suggestions or are you try to find such an easy answer that no work will be involved?? Because your not going to find it.
Old June 5th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Senior Contributor

AMEN Chany!! And...congrats on making it a 3 page thread!! Wheeeee!!! I tried!!! LMAO
1 very mean tiger barb (who killed all of our other fish)
3 leopard geckos - Dave, Jenn & Jane (gone back to their original owner)

GONE TO CRITTER HEAVEN:
1 house gecko - George (RIP)
2 giant african land snailS - Kaimah (RIP) & Kamau (RIP)
2 baby african land snails - Tiny & Pokey (RIP)
1 Veiled Chameleon - Chip (RIP)
Old June 5th, 2004, 01:01 PM

Ok, what the hell happened around here while I was gone? Been working for the past week digging a hole. Lots of fun, but Bob comes along and watches.

So..............I come back and a certain someone is still around? What happened to the long winded boo hooing and soap opera cry fest where she was giving the dog up to her rescuing friend? I read that one evening and it made me want to puke. Anyone want to call me a typical guy making that comment? Go ahead, I've been called a SNAG in the past and was a social worker with guys in prison for nine years. It's not an exact science, but you can often tell when emotion is real and when it's a lure with a hook for attention! What the heck happened? Then she was getting a cat? What's next? A giraffe? 'What should I feed my Giraffe? My Giraffe mews at me when I pet it's foot, what should I do?' 'I'm getting a pony.' 'I'm getting an ant farm. My ants don't come when I call them, what should I do? I'm giving the ants away to an ant rescue.//////////////////////////////' 'Oh, I miss my ants, I can't live without them and I know they miss me.....'

You say this site is addictive. That wouldn't surprise me if you think that, because you are exibiting many addictive personality tendencies. Tell ya what...Go get some damn help? Quit burdening the rest of the people who come here with your addiction problem.......Oh, I won't say what I was about to. Even I draw the line...

She keeps telling us that everybody she knows says that her dog is incredibly well behaved and there are no problems with the dog. So why did/does she keep coming here with her food/aggression/personal problems? Why isn't she spreading all the good advice she has about bringing up a well behaved dog if she's such a good and responsible owner?

She kept telling us that she knew it was best for the dog in taking her to this grand place, and yet now the dog is returning to the same situation it departed from except that now there's no cable or cell phone?

Question...Do you have ADHD? Do a google search for something called the DSM-IV revised edition and look it up in there. You display a significant number of the symptoms. You don't seem able to remember anything that anyone says, even stuff you say yourself. As well, you change topics more often than anyone I've ever seen. However, you seem equally able to irritate the hell out of me and others no matter what topic you cover. You could piss me off describing a glass of water! Please, anyone who actually has ADHD, don't think I'm being a jerk in this regard. Seriously, her posts are so erratic, confusing, conflicting, short, etc. I really question her ability to focus on anything for more than 10 seconds which I'm sure is about as long as she thinks about something before she types it.

You say that you wish we could meet your dog. Christ, I'd love to meet your dog. I'd do anything to meet your dog and help him debrief about his situation. I wish the poor devil could type so he could get answers to your questions and we would never have to hear from you again. I'm sure the dog would love to vent a bit about having to live with you as well.

You say don't read what you post if we don't like it? How the hell can we not read it. You post everywhere! Five hundred times over the same damn thing? This board is full of your posts. I feel sometimes like I'm in the middle of a dog S*&$ting field with no shoes on when I see you've been about on the message boards here. Tell me again in this situation how I don't step in something? Tell me?

Lucky Rescue, I have done my best to be diplomatic in this post. I don't think I have used any words that would be considered parental guidance rated. The content and intent may be somewhat hostile, but coming to this site with her on it, I almost feel like I am in a constant state of being provoked. Even Lassie would have bit if she was annoyed this much. You know my thoughts on this subject, given my last post on this subject last week when I thought we were done with her.

Just a suggestion, but on the hockey websites I've been on in the past they have a rule about not starting redundent subjects in new posts because they clutter up the message board. Poeple who violate the rule are informed of the rule and referred to the previous posts where the topic was discussed. Subsequent breaches of the rule will result in more serious warnings. Continuing to ignore the rule will result in a person being banned.

Again, I know that moderators don't like to be told what to do and that's fine. But this is getting to the point where it's disruptive to the enjoyment of others who frequent this joint. I'm not religious, but I will pray to God that she doesn't find the means of getting a computer at home where she has all weekend to post on here. If this is as bad as it gets when she's at work I can't imagine what it would be like if she had all day to post. What the hell does she do at this auto dealer that she has all this time to surf here?

But oh, I forgot...today she's out washing the dogs at the rescue where Damien was supposed to be living and wouldn't have time to use a computer.....Want to know how I remembered that? BECAUSE I HEARD IT 50 TIMES!

I'm almost ready to say that I would literally crawl on my hands and knees through the scorpions, snakes, nettles and sand of the deserts of Arizona to destroy the computer she uses so she couldn't post here.

Want to know why that wouldn't work? Because she goes to the library to read books about dog behaviour and training so much and she would just use the computers there! Want to know how I know that? Because I've read it 50 times!

Damn, I know I'm going to be told I'm PMSing again. Karin I think it was you who mentioned that I was doing that, and should move on to childbirth. If childbirth is anything like this, I will go and get myself fixed immediately! I won't have any part in causing that kind of distress.
Old June 5th, 2004, 01:54 PM

Addendum: In response to the thread title "Where do you draw the line." Draw it here. Make the line deep and wide. Far to wide to cross, even in the dynamic expanses of cyberspace.
Old June 5th, 2004, 02:07 PM

Quoted from the Pets.ca site rules with respects:
Over 95% of the people that come to this site respect the rules, and we thank all of you. You have made this site one of the best pet information sites on the Internet. You have our thanks and our gratitude. We even apologize for having to write all of these rules and redundant information. Unfortunately 5% of all our visitors still add up to a lot of wasted time and aggravation.
Look at the bold text carefully. The mention of apology indicates an interest in reducing redundant and thus cluttering information. Unfortunately it would appear that this one person is making up for what would normally have been covered by a total of 5% of the participating population frequenting this site. The only thing that impresses out of this is her ability to carry such a heavy load.
Old June 5th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Exclamation No LOCK yet?

EXCEELNT post!!! LMAO, vey good comments! I was surprised to see the number of comments still. This is ridiculous...this board has formed into a demented monster and I'm sure many guests are not returning once they see that we're not talking about training, pet stories, vet questions, etc... excpect where all sitting here complaining anLOCK THIS THREAD!!! d getting extremely frustrated with one person that is concernedLOCK THIS THREAD!!! about HER well being, NOT the animal.... LOCK THIS THREAD!!! LOCK THIS THREAD LOCK THIS THREAD!!! !!! LOCK THIS THREAD!!! LOCK THIS THREAD!!!

Please, save us some sanity, and even a consideration of what BIll&Bob's last post stated about the person(s) that come here to cause trouble - I believe it said that their posts would be deleted and they will be removed from the site.... might be a good idea, or this board will just turn into another childish bickering forum....if it's not there allready....
Old June 5th, 2004, 03:16 PM

Sammie, you're right, it really should be locked because she will return on monday and guess what... she's going to reply to everyone that sent comments. This could last for 10 pages. Or better yet, she will just start another thread that will be misleading to newcomers that will say nasty things about everyone. That's how I fell for it, a new thread. I was new here and I asked a question and she started talking about he GSD (or should I say GS ) and I thought she was being attacked for nothing, but then I realized that there are dozens of her posts that seem to be intended just to start arguments.
Old June 5th, 2004, 03:30 PM

I just did a "report bad post" for the first post in this thread. I don't know what the procedure for this is, but many people have been put down and insulted here and I think that when Heidi returns, it will just be more of the same. In the bottom of the message box it said to only use it for Spam, advertisements, fighting of herassements. Well in my opinion, this is begining to look alot like fighting. It's provocation and many people seem to have had enough.
Just wanted to share what I did.
Old June 5th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Well,after all that,I think our main concern is this poor puppy...personally it really bothers me,this growing,lively puppy is kept in a crate for 8-10 hours a day.I can understand the need for a crate,although I never had one for my dogs,but if Damien is SO well behaved,he should at least have the kitchen to himself +food and water.
I'll probably get heck for this,but I think it's neglect and abuse to leave a puppy,whitout food for that amount of time and in a small crate to boot.
Now,I am not a dog-owner,so what do I know,right?
But I did have dogs at one time,GSD/ChowX,Cocker and a dog like Sadie and would not dream of putting them in a cage for that many hours.
I realize most people do have to work,unlike me and still want the companion-ship of a dog,but with that also comes accidents on the floor and the odd chewed piece of furniture,that's puppy-ownership Why a cage??
Old June 5th, 2004, 04:45 PM

Yes Chico, but there is nothing we can do for the puppy. At least not physically. We can give advice that will lead to nowhere, but that is still not helping the puppy. If it was worth the time, one posting would have been enough. When I ask questions, when I get answers or suggestions, I try to apply them, with consistency, and then in a week if it doesn't work, then I might ask again (never had to). But these questions are the same day after day, which leads me to believe (and many others have addressed this) that the suggestions might not be applied.
Old June 5th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Senior Contributor

We have used and wasted thousands of words, our time, our advice, links, condolences etc etc etc on this issue.

I am going to lock this thread. I don't know what is the problem with the person in question, but I think we can all agree that nothing we say is going to remedy it. So maybe we should call it quits?

Quote:
Even Lassie would have bit if she was annoyed this much
That's pretty funny. Gave me a real laugh after a tough day trying to get homes for kitties!
Closed Thread