Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:27 PM

Talking Shih-tzu's

I'm new to the board.I have a 7 1/2 month Shih-tzu and I'm desperately loking for an outlet for my overflowing pride and joy!I'm sure I'm driving my husband and son insane! "Look guys! Zoe's been to the groomer! Doesn't she look adorable!!?? What do you mean!??!Look again!!!!I mean really!!!Have you ever seen a sweeter puppy face in your whole entire life! Look again!!"And it pretty much goes on and on.I could just eat her up. But don't feel too sorry for them! I'm not alone in my sickness.The three of us suffer from acute -YOU'RE HOLDING THE DOG AND SHE LOOKS SO CUTE AND SOFT GIVE HER TO ME RIGHT NOW-ALITIS.Zoe just soaks it all up and just shoots it back out.My dog is a love sponge,give her a squease and out pours the lovin'.Anywho, anyone else out there with a Shih-tzu or any other breed, that suffers from these symptoms,please let me know how your dealing with this dibilitating disease.Not that I want to be cured!!! I'm just curious
Old October 4th, 2003, 02:44 PM

Oh Crap! I was so busy trying to get email and passwords correct while registering that I've apparently forgotten how to spell Mommy! Can anyone tell me how I can change this? It only seems to allow me to edit my password but not my user name! I don't want to be forever posting as Mommmy!
Old October 4th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Senior Contributor

You sound perfectly normal to me!! LOL!

You can email Marko and ask him to take out the extra "m".

About your dog obsession - I have no answer for that, except to say Join the Club!

You can also find a message board for shih-tzu owners, and then can brag, post pics, and talk about Zoe to your heart's content!

Non-pet people find us a little strange, so I confine my ravings to other dog owners.
Old October 4th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Normal to me too!

We need PICTURES. I have a website even; I need to get photos of ALL my doggies on there, not just my favourite one.

And I like the extra M, sort of like MMMMMM good.
Old October 6th, 2003, 01:25 AM

We have a Shih-tzu crossed with a Lhaso-Apso and man it's been hard trying to remember how to spell these 2 breeds' names! (LOL)
We adopted ours from a shelter and he's about 2 and he was a little scruffy until we took him for a good shampoo and clipping and he smells wonderful now! We keep his fur "puppy length" which I prefer over the long look but I know that's a just a personal preference.
Enjoy your new addition - you'll have lots of stories and lots of fun, I'm sure.