Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Live well, laugh often

Mourning Our Pets

So I am looking through the photo challenge thread and was noticing these comments from winston and chico ....

Quote:
Chico I have Bombers pic as my wallpaper on the computer and I just cant change it...I guess it will be there forever now! I also talk to him everyday and so wish he was still here for nose kisses and fetching the ball like a dog! there will never be another like him for our family!
Quote:
same with me winston,i will never change that wallpaper,i pet the screen and his pick every time i turn the pc off,i don't think i'll ever stop missing him,he was my soulmate,it's very difficult
and wanted to say ..... me three . I have Lucy's pics on my screen and her ashes are sitting on my desk where I frequently pat them and say hi when I walk by. I know she is where she needs to be but man do I ever miss that dog . I frequently load up the video I made of her pictures which sometimes make me smile and sometimes make me cry.

Don't get me wrong, I am not an absolute wreck but I am mourning her. I actually was thinking to myself the first few weeks that I thought it would be harder but then thinking it was just because we had been preparing for so long. In fact I was thinking that a lot of the stress that I didn't notice at the time was now gone. Of course I would happily live that stress forever if that is what she needed . Reality smacked me in the face a few weeks later when life without her became the new normal .

I have chosen to deal with it by getting back onto a healthy eating and exercise program. I have gained back a bunch of weight the past year (I eat my stress ) and am gonna refocus back to obtaining a Rally obedience title with Riley. I have also decided I am gonna order a beautiful engraved christmas ornament to honor my beautiful Lucy.

So, does anyone else wanna share some of how they are dealing or have dealt with the mourning of their furry family members .