Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old December 25th, 2007, 10:50 PM

Boo tried to save me,I think lol

My husband got a new edger for Christmas. I was walking into the room and I didn't see my son pushing it out into the garage. Long story short,I tripped over the whole thing and really racked myself up. Boo came running and would not stop licking my face. I had to lay there a minute to get my senses around me and he just would not leave me alone. He ran into the porch barking and barking and my husband finally got up to see what was wrong. He had not heard me fall. My son was just horrified and just stayed beside me holding my hand. He blames himself but it was pure and simple an accident. No one is to blame. He helped me into the family room and got LOTS of ice. I look like a prize fighter. I am black and blue all over,even my face. There was a lot of blood but there was nothing really serious.
Boo will not leave my side. He's such a sensetive little boy. He sure made a ruckus when I fell and I'm glad my husband was home. My right knee is almost twice the size it should be but I am keeping a lot of ice on it. Boo still seems upset.
Old December 25th, 2007, 10:57 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, your poor boy! And poor you! Did you hit your head, Janie? If you did, you really ought to get checked out--head injuries can be tricky.

Boo is such a good dog!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 26th, 2007, 05:11 AM

Yep, see the Doc, & while your out get your baby something good.
About 3 years ago I was cleaning the stairs & I lost my balance & feel on my back, hit my head & knocked the wind out of me, my dog (since passed on) ran to me, licked my face, ran to the front door, scratching & howling for all she was worth. Alerted my neighbor who was talking to the Postman out on the footpath, came in to find me still out on the floor. No damage done, except for my pride & the deep scratch marks in the door (which I refuse to have painted).
Old December 26th, 2007, 05:14 AM

Yep, see the Doc, & while your out get your baby something good.
About 3 years ago I was cleaning the stairs & I lost my balance & feel on my back, hit my head & knocked the wind out of me, my dog (since passed on) ran to me, licked my face, ran to the front door, scratching & howling for all she was worth. Alerted my neighbor who was talking to the Postman out on the footpath, came in to find me still out on the floor. No damage done, except for my pride & the deep scratch marks in the door (which I refuse to have painted).
Old December 26th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Ah Janie, that's so sweet of Boo! You see, you were talking the other day about the psychiological dogs thing ... why, when you have Boo who obviously loves you so much!?

He may have felt your still lingering love for Mitzie and how you miss her, and somehow hasn't dared butt in - until you fell and needed him!

Have a doc look at you, but mainly get that special bond going with Boo now the ice is broken! Reward him with a nice treat and just cuddle and love him more than ever before!

Attached Images

Old December 26th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Garden nut

I agree, get checked out just in case.

What a good Boo! A lovely story.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old December 26th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh my goodness. Poor you! Get yourself looked at definitely. And GO BOO! He certainly did help you and deserves a special present.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old December 26th, 2007, 05:04 PM

Oh my gosh that sounds awful! What a good little protector you have there I hope you mend quickly and that your knee gets back to it's normal size...

"To insult someone we call him "bestial." For deliberate cruelty and nature, "human" might be the greater insult."

Isaac Asimov
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Smile

I'm doing better. I was in a lot of pain but it's subsiding. Boo won't leave my side and has been so loving. Maybe my tears over Mitzie did affect my sweet,sensetive boy. Bonnie had been doing well but is being her poop machine self since this happened. She needs a lot of love and reassuring. We love her,even if she is a difficult dog.
Boo just loves me though.....and I him!
Bonnie gravitates more toward my husband though both of them love both of us.