Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old November 10th, 2005, 12:31 AM

Special Kitty Needs Good Home

Our adorable little Puff (5-1/2 month old male), who was rescued with a badly broken tail, severe ear mites, worms, and underweight, has now been neutered, vaccinated, and has had his tail amputated (he now looks like a Manx), is ready for adoption.

It has been determined that Puff is deaf and has polyps in one of his ears that is causing recurring ear infections. Although this little lamb has cost us triple our adoption fee in veterinary care, we are willing to have the surgery performed to remove the polyps.

Little Puff is the sweetest, calmest, most gentlest kitten we have had in a long time. He will lick your face, hands, neck .... and adores cuddling. Unlike a lot of deaf cats, he is very quiet (I rarely hear a peep out of him) and his 'motor' runs overtime (always purring).

What Puff has in defects is more than made up for in his incredible disposition and he will make a wonderful pet for any family (he is fine with small dogs, other cats, and kids).

If you know of anyone who will give this sweet young fellow a loving home, please let me know.

PS: Puff is a small kitty and looks younger than he is.
Attached Images

Last edited by SOS MIOW; November 10th, 2005 at 12:36 AM.
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:32 AM

Here's another picture of Puff.
Attached Images

Old November 20th, 2005, 11:39 PM

UPDATE (November 20th)

Puff has been adopted by a wonderful lady who has 2 other "special needs" kitties, including another amputee like Puff.

Old June 6th, 2007, 04:12 PM

Deaf Community Looking for Deaf Pets

While searching for my own cat, I came accross the need in the deaf community for deaf animals. It is extremely difficult for this community to locate deaf animals.

I am communicating with a few people right now, who are searching for pets for their own family. One wants a deaf male kitten. Another wants a deaf kitten or cat and two deaf dogs.

Is anyone aware of just how many deaf animals are found as strays, if they are common in the shelters, or any ideas where I could easily find out about deaf animals as they come in to the various locations. I want to set up a site to coordinate this effort.

It shouldn't be so difficult for these people to find deaf pets. I would look forward to any feedback.

Glad that Puff got a happy home.

trueleverage4u@earthlink.net

Angelboys
Old June 6th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Doggie Wench

I think that the most ideal places to contact would be the shelters and rescues in your area. They're in the best position to tell you if they have the types of animals these families are searching for.