Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old November 15th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Not quite there yet

Looks like BELLA is getting a new home sooner than later. We'll have her home for a visit on Sunday (19th) hey, that's in only 4 days! We're all excited, Lewis, Dani (his dog, you all know them) and I. I guess "Frenchy" has told Bella what's going to happen, so she ought to be getting excited too.

Poor little thing has to go for her "fix"surgery tomorrow though, so I guess she's more preoccupied by that right now.

The description of Bella was that she is a little overweight. Well, I may be a personal trainer to humans, but I would think the fat burning principles can be applied to dogs as well. Since we are already taking Dani for a 30-minute walk before breakfast every morning (what are we, nuts?!) Bella will automatically join in on those walks (once her stitches have been removed of course). We may have to slow our pace in the beginning until she gets used to walking, but once she gets into the walks she'll get leaner.

Food? Hey everyone knows Goldens (no, all retrievers actually) just LOVE their food, and yours too! That's another good thing for her, we don't have anything sweeter in the house than dried figs and fresh fruit. No chocolate, no sweets, no cake or cookies ... and I doubt whether she'll like left-over salad

In short, we are not worried about her weight at all. And Dani is such a darling, they should get along just fine.

Now you may be wondering who the ... is taking this nice dog? Well you've already gathered that Lewis is in on this, and you know Dani as well, so the only unknown factor here is me. I came over to Canada early October to live with Lewis from Norway. Together with my Viking ancestry I am also half French, so what better place to end up than in Quebec, right (the Vikings discovering the area around New Foundland or thereabouts, and the French colonizing much larger parts later - all the way to Louisiana in fact, been there too by the way). So here we are, two people and one dog. Not a problem, right?

Wrong, cause who gets to hold her leash when we're out walking? And when two cuddle, the third is "left out" (temporarily). The solution was simple, get me a dog too. And there was Bella.

We'll see over the weekend, and let you know how it all went? goes.
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Live well, laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella's keeper View Post

Food? Hey everyone knows Goldens (no, all retrievers actually) just LOVE their food, and yours too! That's another good thing for her, we don't have anything sweeter in the house than dried figs and fresh fruit. No chocolate, no sweets, no cake or cookies ... and I doubt whether she'll like left-over salad
Frenchy, how can you consider such an abusive home for poor Bella?

Seriously, glad to see Bella may soon have her forever home.
Old November 15th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriM View Post
Frenchy, how can you consider such an abusive home for poor Bella?

Seriously, glad to see Bella may soon have her forever home.
Lol, that comment made me think of my niece's reaction when her 9-year old was diagnosed with diabetes and had to have an insulin pump on him all day and every day for the rest of his life: "Poor Nico, he can't have candy and cake when the other kids at school have their birthday" ! If that is the worst thing that can happen to a boy - or a dog - then the world is becoming a better place to live, finally

Of course there will be Christmas cookies and when I make our Irish Coffee on "cheat-night" I use real whipped cream I make myself (not the bomb kind) and guess who gets to lick the bowl? If we are good all week and the dogs are too, then there has to be a little "cheat" one or two nights over the weekend; mental health is important too!

We can hardly wait till Sunday to actually meet her. Weeks are always slower than weekends (due to the difference in the number of days, as well as fun activities) but this week is crawling even more slowly than normal.
Old November 15th, 2006, 06:44 PM
-

We usually ask newbies to post a pic of their pet...I'll do it for ya ! It's a bit fuzzy but she was sitting pretty and I had to take the pic fast because the others were coming ! At least you can see her smile !

Last edited by Frenchy; September 9th, 2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old November 15th, 2006, 06:55 PM

that it all works out...

can I ask why Bella and not Molly? Is Molly the dominant one?
Old November 15th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I posted it on Bella's thread, but I'll post it again here :
please keep us posted on how it goes with Bella on saturday

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin View Post
that it all works out...

can I ask why Bella and not Molly? Is Molly the dominant one?
Ok.. Frenchy says nobody's dominant.