Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old September 15th, 2005, 05:48 PM

My doggies weren't as broadly allergic as yours so I had is easy in comparison.

I asked myself the same question- I didn't remember any of the dogs I grew up with having allergies, and I think the difference is my parents didn't notice. Now that it's on me, I'm so watchful. I love my babies, and I don't like them being itchy or pukey, whatever the cost. :love:
Old September 15th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Senior Contributor

You forgot one..

You forgot or as goopy poopy

I wondered about all the Separation Anxiety dogs too and my daycare fella and I discussed it and we decided in our parents time you just got rid of a dog that had all those issues. Now, fortunately, most of us don't do that anymore.

I am now actively putting lines out to all my friends who may be travelling to the US to bring me home Ocean Blue!!
Old September 15th, 2005, 09:16 PM

I remember locking doggies in a room when they couldn't stay in the house without chewing... I also remember being the only one who felt guilty leaving the doggies alone for long periods of time- I was the only one who looked back and saw their separation anxiety-ridden expressions...

Good luck with the food- but what happens for the next bag?
Old September 16th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

More Please...

I'm going to try for two bags (33 lbs). Even if Halo reacts badly Shadow will eat anything I offer her and this stuff can't be that bad for her. I hope that by then maybe there will be a demand for it here and they'll start bringing it in. Anyhow, if it works you can rest assured I'll find a way!!!

I know what you mean about feeling guilty leaving the dogs alone though. Shadow's SA is terrible, although she has really taken to staying on the upper patio at BF's house during the day when I'm at work. She hasn't been to doggy day care in almost two months now. This is a good thing - if that keeps up I can actually afford the more expensive dog food... Now I only go to day care to drop off home made cookies for the owner. He's actually friends with the distributor of this food and I'll tell him to let the guy know if he gets me the food I'll bake him a carrot cake (which people tell me I should do professionally ). I don't think licking all those icing bowls would be good for me though.

I'll keep you posted if I get some though. I REALLY want this stuff.