Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old July 8th, 2008, 03:02 PM

help! my husky puppy swalled a lamb bone

Last night around 7pm, I was walking my husky puppy 3.5 months when we passed by a BBQ, someone had left their lamb chop bone on the grass and my dog grabbed it. it was about 2 inches long and 1.5 inches thick. he tried to chew the marrow out and as I tried to grab it out his mouth he swallowed it! i freaked out. he carried on like nothing happened! no choking, nothing. an hour later he i took him for his hour walk and he ran, played, peed, came back and drank. I'm just worried about what could happen to his stomach! This morning he ate and drank and pooped normally, a little darker than usual but that could be from the Metranidazole hes been one since last friday to harden stools because he had bad diarhhea for almost 2 weeks. His poops are now solid. are there any physical warning signs i should be looking out for tomorrow or in 48 hrs from now?
no vomitting, no choking, still eating and drinking, had solid poop this morning, a little darker than usual but no visible blood and a little diarhhea this afternoon.
Old July 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Silly puppy!

Probably all that you can do at this point is watch him. If the diarrhea returns or he begins vomiting, if his stools turn tarry, if he stops eating or becomes lethargic, get him to the vet again.

So far so good, though? that the piece passes without incident. If he's good after 72 hours, he should be out of the woods!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 9th, 2008, 09:16 AM

thanks!

hey thanks! so far so good.. its been a little over a day now, solid poop, yesterday a bit of diarhhea but not too much.. no vomitting, still active and eating and drinking and tail wagging i dont see any bloody stools or dark tarry stuff. his poop this morning was a little dark but not black.. im hoping he should pass it today or tomorrow.