Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old December 30th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Animal Lover

Smile Hello, another newbie

Hi, nice to "meet" everyone. I live in the US (TN); married with one human child and two fur babies; a two year old chihuahua (girl) named Cookie and an 8 mth. old chi mix (boy) named Teddy Bear, Teddy for short. We are not sure what Teddy is mixed with, but someone suggested Italian greyhound yesterday, and after reading about and looking at pics of that breed, they were probably right.

Anyways, I have been browing around this web-site and the forums for a month or two, joined a little bit ago, and decided I should go ahead and make it official and post something.

Anyways, look forward to spending some time here occasionally. We are huge pet lovers, always have been. My first pet my husband and I owned was a beautiful little black Pekeginise named Ginger, he bought her for me the first year we were married, 16 years ago. She died at the age of 14 two years ago, ; and Cookie was a Christmas gift about 4-5 months later. We just got Teddy a little over a month ago.
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Personal servant to Joey

Hello Chihuahua lover

Welcome to pets.ca - sounds like you have a wonderful fur family - I myself have one of the very large breed dogs an English Cocker Spaniel. (kidding)

Look forward to seeing some pics of your family

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old December 30th, 2006, 06:58 PM
-

Welcome to the forum and we'd love to see some pics of Cookie and Teddy.
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:10 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to pets.ca!
Old December 31st, 2006, 12:29 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

Hello and welcome... looking forward to seeing lots of pics.
Old December 31st, 2006, 08:34 AM
Animal Lover

Unhappy Unfortunately, I can't post any pics yet

My digital camera is torn up, so I can't post any pics until we buy another one. I don't even have any of Teddy yet, but he is quite the character.:love: About everyone's first comment on the little guy is "that is an ugly little dog, but he is so sweet! He has the big "bat ears" of a Chi, but a long torso like an italian greyhound or even a daschund, a longish straight tail, and long legs, eats all the time, and weighs a whopping 6 pounds. Cookie looks like a typical Chi, fawn with some white markings, but has a slight overbite so that occasionally her bottom large tootb sticks out. She weighs slightly more than the Ted-meister. :love:

Cockers mom, we almost adopted a Cocker when we were searching for a second dog, a beautiful pale tan female at the shelter. She was between 12=14 years old, though, and while I definitely wouldn't mind adopting a senior dog, after losing Ginger (our Peke) a little over two years ago, then my little Cookie almost died before she was a year old (horrible, horrible experience!) I was just not up to the challenge of adopting an older pet that most likely wouldn't have much time with us. We kept checking in on her when we would visit the shelter on our greatamericandogsearch, and she did get adopted to a new home.

My cousin had a Cocker, very sweet dog, loveable breed.....then again I like most any breed, cats and dogs. We tend to favor toy breeds, though. I would love to have another cat, but my husband says no more. It took me forever to nag him into agreeing with a second dog, but now he is quite fond of Teddy.

Poor little guy had a rough background before we adopted him, but he is thriving now.