Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old November 24th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

So, what happened to basic humanity?

So, it's the day after Thanksgiving -- Black Friday and I had to work today. Anyway, I'm in Target and I had to build a display so I planned it so I would "miss" that holiday rush of people which I planned just fine. I'm in the store and it's very tight on space and I'm up on a ladder doing my thing. I glance around and see someone coming towards me (typical customer who thinks because I'm building a display, I work for the store -- which I don't!) so I'm climbing down the ladder to grab the next handful of stuff and as I get to the bottom of the ladder and get ready to step off, there is stuff underneath and I lose my balance and fall off the ladder (I'm fine). So I didn't just fall on my butt, I'm actually laying on the floor in Target on my back and staring up at the lights with all the boxes around me. So, this customer comes over -- who saw the entire thing -- and asks me "Excuse me, can you tell me where the electronics department is?" They don't even bother to ask if I'm alright! I HATE PEOPLE!
Old November 24th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Senior Contributor

What an A-hole!! Poor Jesse's mommy...I agree, people have lost all sense of decency

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old November 24th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Well first off I'm so glad you're okay! That would be scary. I can't believe how rude people are nowadays. I'd have been tempted to tell said customer where to look for electronics and it would have been a dark place! I hope you said "Oh here let me just pick myself up, and yes I'm fine thank you for asking, then maybe I can get someone to help you - JERK" Gosh I hope I raised my son better than that person.
Old November 24th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I actually didn't say anything because anything that came out of my mouth could have possibly gotten me fired. I just laid there with this p*ssed look on my face and just pointed. Then I got up and turned my back on the customer and started with my mumbles and grumbles, grrrrrrr.....
Old November 24th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Honest Contributor

dog_dancer that is a brilliant comeback unfortunately we only think of the good stuff when it's too late eh? wow jesse's mommy i'm glad you didn't get hurt and believe in karma, those who don't care about others will eventually need help but find themselves alone in the dark! so there

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old November 24th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Personal servant to Joey

I am glad your not hurt too - some people - what did they think you just happen to be laying on the floor just for the heck of it - was it the same person that put their stuff under the ladder too.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old November 24th, 2006, 07:37 PM

(BM's jaw drops to the floor. )OMG JM! I am so glad youm weren't hurt!!! Some people really have no manners or common decency. If it was reversed, wouldn't they want someone to AT LEAST ask if they were ok?
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Papa D

glad your ok.........people really suck during holidays....no spirit of the true meaning anymore......just a day off to shop and be arogant.......to commercialized these days.........sorry i know thats why you where there.......can't wait till i start my december 24th christmas shopping:sad:
Beathoven 7 year old mutt
Maggie 5 year jack russell
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
Tigger 10 year long hair cat
marley just a pup
sasha grand pup___________________________________________________________
Lettin the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin it back in.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyway.
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey Jesses Mom, glad to hear your okay! People can be soo flipping rude, but thats really pushing it... I hope you at least pointed her to the wrong isle!
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:33 PM
-

That is why I hate shopping, too many Glad you're alright JM.
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the world of the "ME" attitude.

I am glad to hear that you are ok. Having spent years in Retail, I certainly understand where you are coming from and know exactly what you are talking about.
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I have glad you are OK and not hurt and agree - there does seem to be a change in how ppl behave now, even amg older ppl who I would think are the ones who would have better manners. I'll be at the grocery store and a senior citizen - possibly anxioux to get out of the store (I could understand if they have trouble standing, ask me and I'd be more than obloged to let them gop before me but don't push me. I suspect they have no medical issues, just think they are important or... as the kids say, whatever., sigh!) The other day whrn i was in the ER to admit one of my patients ,someone came in and yelled "can we get some f'ing help here? This is in a Children's Hospital ER where there are many young children waiting and he has one child with a cold. (We have outpatient clinics for these kinds of ailments and the ER is not the best place to go for those kind of issues. I realize he may not have a family doctor and may be overly worried about his child (she may have some more sreious illness tho that turned out not to be the case.) I simply do not think rudeness was necessary. We have a triage system and it is explained clearly in big letters on the wall. Fortunately, the triage nurses are used to dealing with people like that but why should they have to be?

I guess the ME world is a good word for it. I do not think of myself as all that old (tho I am getting there, lol) and I have noticed over the yrs that some people are not so much as more demanding as they want what they want yesterday. One of my fav mentors says he works with kids because they whine less (when they are ill) and are easier to work with. They do ask more questions and are usually more polite about it.

And I live in a small region where most ppl are extremely polite and helpful tho there are obvious exceptions. And the impolite ones seem to be increasing - usually in crowds is where I notice it. Not sure why that is - maybe some ppl have trouble with crowds?

But I have noticed ppl become crazy in retail settings - I am sure there is a studey somewhere, lol
Old November 24th, 2006, 09:02 PM

JM, sorry people suck so much... Especially in stores.

They plow over people, fight over parking spots and spots in line just so they can buy gifts for people they know and pretend to be generous giving people.:sad:
Old November 24th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Queen

They're everywhere "I see dumb people" and they seem to catch you off guard at the worst possible times. I don't know if things have got worse or if we're just getting wiser to it. Hope you are not too sore from the fall.
Old November 24th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Animal Lover

I'm so glad you are okay! I can't stand rude people who take others for granted.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Senior Contributor

I work in a large department store..People are nuts. A lady had a heart attack right in front of where I work. People more or less just stepped around her and kept shopping. even when the medics were zapping her. I was so upset I closed down for a hour to get myself back together. Security asked one person to move and she had the balls to say...Well I want to buy something over there..What the hell is the matter with people? Perhaps we are too desensitized from all the crap we see on TV?
Old November 25th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Queen

It's kind of an eat or be eaten mentality. When I worked in a nursing home it was usually the pushy even rude residents that got noticed and got more of what they needed/wanted. Some people stay that way all their lives, I don't know how they live with themselves.
Old November 25th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Just guessing but it seems that because people encounter so many rude people out there that more people are just becoming rude themselves. Can't beat em, join em kind of thinking. Glad you're ok too.
Old November 25th, 2006, 01:45 AM

Yeah, too bad they don't realize that you can change a crabby person's day by not joining in.
Old November 25th, 2006, 01:49 AM
-

Wow ~ that belongs in a Chevy Chase movie. I think if I could have one "special power" I would like to be able to transport the offending person's consciousness into their victim's for a few moments. Unfortunately though, there will always be people who cannot even be shamed into behaving like a human being. Glad to hear your fall resulted in no lasting damage !
Old November 25th, 2006, 06:29 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrocky1 View Post
Hey Jesses Mom, glad to hear your okay! People can be soo flipping rude, but thats really pushing it... I hope you at least pointed her to the wrong isle!
LOL....that's what I would have done.

Glad you're okay JM