Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old July 11th, 2005, 11:49 AM
banned user

I have a puppy mill dog that is very very quirky. She is the blind one. She loves me to peices, but she does not like strangers, or kids, or even my teenagers. She wouldn't hurt a fly, and doesn't bite, BUT she growls when she doesn't like something (which is almost everything!!).

Her nick name is "Crusty".... "Crusty the Clown". I can do anything with her, and she would never growl at me, but she will growl at just about anything, and everybody else.
Attached Images

Old July 11th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Senior Contributor

The way that I read those posts is that. Because this dog is NOT a "vicious breed" then it's funny. *IF* this dog had been a rottie or a pit, etc. then they would have been put down for exhibiting this behaviour.
No one stated that any dog with this behaviour is vicious and need to be put down. It may be disturbed, but no one said kill it!!
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:52 AM

Could someone please explain to me why a post about a video has taken a turn for the worst?

Please don't make me lock this thread too.
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Who said that?It was posted that people will accept that in this breed,and kill others.That is not supporting BSL,that's reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
I don't find offence that you think the dog could be viscious. I find offence when you all jump in and say "He should be put down".
It's the generalizations that get me. You are all supposedly against the BSL, but you are talking in the same tongues as the ones responsible for that law.
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Thats how I read it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiec
The way that I read those posts is that. Because this dog is NOT a "vicious breed" then it's funny. *IF* this dog had been a rottie or a pit, etc. then they would have been put down for exhibiting this behaviour.
No one stated that any dog with this behaviour is vicious and need to be put down. It may be disturbed, but no one said kill it!!
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
Could someone please explain to me why a post about a video has taken a turn for the worst?

Please don't make me lock this thread too.
It's clearly another case of a misunderstanding. I think people are looking for the worst in each others posts and opinions.
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM

I think it's more about people posting things to get a reaction from one particular poster but having the rest of us react instead.
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Clarify something for me. Because some posters to do not have the same opinion as the OP and others they are trying to start something? By posting their opinions they are being accused of trying to get a reaction?
I have no idea what you're trying to imply withyour post above. I have no beefs with anyone that has replied to this thread???

Last edited by Dragonfly; July 11th, 2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:32 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiec
Clarify something for me. Because some posters to do not have the same opinion as the OP and others they are trying to start something? By posting their opinions they are being accused of trying to get a reaction?
I have no idea what you're trying to imply withyour post above. I have no beefs with anyone that has replied to this thread???

Not you sammiec... perhaps someone else??? This is the trend lately... going into innocent posts and causing problems. Dragonfly is right... how can a video link (which was supposed to give a laugh to us) turn into something bad? I know how... but I'm staying out of this petty behavior from now on!
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I know about the video and have seen it before.

We each have dif opinions on things, and thats okay. It's good to see someone elses point of view and try to understand it, but in the same token you can still keep your own values.

Sometimes things are interpreted wrong. Maybe the internet, and typing...someone may mean one thing but its taken the wrong way only because you can't see them and there is no emotion. Hard to understand everyones views on this, because like I said we each have our own
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Mods. is there anything else I can do?
I'm not a mod, but you can pm the mods with your concerns. That's the best way to get their attention. They can't watch all the threads all the time.

By the way, looks like 4 to me.
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:47 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Now this thread seems to be getting personal! This may be a record month for locking threads!!

So most people see it humorous and it won lots of $$$$$, BUT if it was a Pitbull, Rottie, Doberman or any other breed with a BAD REP - it wouldn't be so funny to most people and would never be put on AFV!!
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:59 PM
banned user

*Sigh*

What on earth is going on here these days? I am at a loss.

Just for the record, they interviewed this dog's owners on AFV, and they stated that the dog is otherwise completely normal, not deranged or dangerous. Just has an odd quirk.

AND there is a video of a Doberman ("vicious breed") that has been shown on a similar funny video program doing the same thing. The Doberman does it every time he eats, and is otherwise "normal", too.
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:08 PM

One time, there was a GSD running around holding a bucket by the handle and the bucket flipped up and he ended up wearing it as a hat. Looked like one of those English guards with the furry hats. Very funny.
Old July 11th, 2005, 05:27 PM
banned user

Prin - I like the horse that ended up with the bucket on his head a better.. it was a colt i think, very cute.

This video is amusing, and possibly disturbing as well. i worried that the dog might bite his own leg too hard and hurt himself. I don't think people would have found it as funny had it been a 'mean' breed, but that is the society we are in now.
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Let's see if I can get in some voice of reason before this thread is locked, and hopefully we can all go for ice cream...

No one is saying the dog should be put down, and no one is attacking anyone, or trying to troll. I think what is happening is that almost everyone who isn't laughing is a pitbull owner, and understandably so. Let me use me as an example.

I saw the video on TV. I laughed, then I got angry, then I laughed again. I wasn't angry because I thought the dog was vicious. I was angry because, being a pitbull owner (or possible pitbull, as it seems), I'm a little sensitive and overly defensive. Whenever I see these videos of a dog snarling and snapping at someone, my first thought is, "If that was a pitbull, people would be running for shelter". And that is true. Every once in a while we see videos of little dogs snarling and snapping at someone holding it, and everyone thinks that it's cute because this little dog is vicious. Yet when a pitbull chases someone while playing, they're accused of attacking. A year ago, this was mildly annoying. Since the BSL debate, it's actually become infuriating.

Yes, the video made me laugh. But it also made me get defensive. No one is saying the dog should be put down (some are concerned that the dog needs help, because, well, that's kind of weird), but some are pointing out that that behaviour would not be accepted if it were certain breeds. Maybe some of us are a little overly sensitive, but I think you can understand why. At any rate, this was supposed to be a light-hearted thread. It certainly shouldn't be blown up into all this!!

More importantly...sugar cone or plain?
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh my god that was my gsd Damien,it is funny but let me tell you not when it is your dog doing it..............
Old July 12th, 2005, 10:58 PM

Oh remember the one where there was a Great Dane rolling on the grass beside a deep stream and he's rolling and rolling and flips in the water and freaks himself out? It was kind of sad to see until you realize that the people are taping him because they know it's going to happen, because apparently it happens often... He flips in so slo'mo' too.
Old July 18th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Senior Contributor

What the heck is happening here??

Honestly everyone is so snappy these days.

Thats it... all of you time out.
10 minutes each. No candy for the rest of the day and then I suggest a nap.
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:13 PM

I think the heat's getting people....

Every1 ((((( Group Hug ! )))))

NOW DANGIT !
Old July 20th, 2005, 01:40 AM

It's getting better because of all the new mods around. Have you noticed? People are being a lot nicer. It's great. It's quiet again.