Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 14th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Chico I dont think George is in the same location and I think he is already safe!

Your right Beauty is safe and in foster care. She will need to be assessed before anything happens. The reason being is that GSRT normally pulls these dogs out really fast and they do a more extensive assessment once they are settled a bit! She will go up for adoption.

A great friend of mine has Greta who is up for adoption. SHe is a perfect example of why assessments need to be done. She was turned in because the person had heath issues and couldnt handle her. I have seen her in action and she CAN be a handful at times. But she was assessed after coming into care and she does have some dominance issues they have worked on but she will have to go to a certain person that can handle her! These dogs are all different.

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico George is at QHS in Belleville I met him and and a shepherd cross looking for foster care both lovely dogs I am sure the female will get adopted by quinte she is young, healthy and full of kisses and love, I don't think George would be good as a companion for a trucker he could never get in the truck and was fearfull of even a horn beeping he would do best in a one level home, no stairs and not many walks and that is what GSRT is working on now, as Winston said all of the dogs are acessed in foster care and matched with the perfect home, the adopters know every quirk and how to deal with it....that is the beauty of foster homes...no surprises
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Thanks for sharing that Toonces!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 14th, 2008, 06:51 PM
-

I am so glad that everything has worked out and the Beauty and George are both safe.

krdahmer, your hubby must be quite disappointed ....did you leave your name with the rescue for future dogs?
Old July 14th, 2008, 07:14 PM
~Cat Servent~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
Hi there,

I met George at QHS yesterday he is quite the dolly has very bad back legs so no stairs for him, there maybe something in the works for him also
Ya George would not do well here then. SO glad they are both getting more time... and hopefully soon furrever homes too!

Actually hubby really has his heart set on a lab or lab cross for the truck, he has the bunk bed/ kitchenette set up in his truck, a big volvo, so lots of room to move around and stand up etc for people... so plenty of room for a larger dog. We probably aren't going to look until the fall or spring. About the same time we might be looking for a larger house too! (that way I can foster kitties again!)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old July 14th, 2008, 08:58 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
he's just so riled up I want to squeeze him for being so passionate about something so very important to me!
That is so cute !

I am sooooo glad both dogs are safe !!!
Old July 14th, 2008, 09:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I think all the dogs in shelters should have people working as hard for them as the doggy people in here do. That is fantastic news!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 14th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Thank you Frenchy! and thanks for the contact info!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Toonces,Winston,I think fostercare is an wonderful thing and the fosterparents equally wonderful.
A shelter-environment must be stressful for any animal,difficult to judge their personalities.
I sooo wish I could foster and help out:sad:
Before this Forum,I had no idea,there are as many people out there,who help pups and kitties in socializing and prepare for a new home
Old July 15th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Neither me, Chico, it's a hidden army.
I'd love to foster a dog or two one day but at the moment...
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Senior Contributor

George is still waiting for a foster but he has won the shelter staff over such a good boy and Quinte has a very good rep. He is a very good boy but somewhat timid of things.

krdahmer they do have a very nice black lab there I saw when I met George
Old July 18th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I sooo wish I could foster and help out:sad:
Before this Forum,I had no idea,there are as many people out there,who help pups and kitties in socializing and prepare for a new home
Chico,why don't you?Rescues are nothing without fosters.Foster parents are the unsung true heros!
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Senior Contributor

LL1,there is just no way my Rocky would let a dog in to the house,he likes to eat dogs and sometimes meand the others would hide for the rest of their lives