Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Ask the Members

View Poll Results: Please help us know our members - choose all that apply
I am American 77 18.83%
I am Canadian 306 74.82%
I am from another country 29 7.09%
I am Male 36 8.80%
I am Female 346 84.60%
I have a dog(s) 330 80.68%
I have a cat(s) 242 59.17%
I have a bird(s) 38 9.29%
I have fish 94 22.98%
I have other pets (Rodents, reptiles, exotics etc.) 87 21.27%
I am allergic to MY pet(s) 52 12.71%
I am not allergic to MY pets 244 59.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 27th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Hi I'm Lisa.We pretty much live in a zoo.There is Molly,a cairn,Tessa a beardie,Nell our collie.Cocoa,Silver,Gynny,Nim and Gromitz our cats.Jack,Happy and Rio the horses Folly our mule.Halliday,Plant and Page the ducks.Sunny and George Duhamel our roosters.Bunnies Smudge and Tippy.Hawkeye and Oscar the greys.Ellie and the nudists our rats.Kiwi the very loud quaker.QB our rain Quail and our button quails.Sticky Lizard the gecko.The chickens,doves ,guinea fowl,finches,fish degus.As well as two kids and a very patient husband .
Old June 29th, 2006, 05:16 PM

Hi - I am Tracy and have a young pup (ok, he's almost a year and a half but he still acts like a young pup!) named Toby - a lab/rottweiler mix...or maybe a german shepherd x, or a dobie x, or, as someone once suggested, a Beauceron (had never heard of that one before!).

I have been a member here since I got Toby, a little over a year ago, though I have not been very active at all recently. I still do come back for advice and tips once in a while - pets.ca is a FABULOUS resource and I have received a lot of great help here.
Old July 8th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Thanks so much for all the feedback everyone - much appreciated.

This thread will now be closed but if any new members want to say hi and introduce themselves, you can do it in the Introduce yourself here - Say hello forum.

Thanks

Marko
ADMIN
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:16 AM

This thread was closed for about 4 months, but I'm reopening now for a while.

Thanks!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:24 AM
Senior Contributor

I voted awhile ago, but I didn't post...

So anyways...
I have a 5 year old Black Lab named Hunter and a 3 year old Beagle named Cassie.
I also share a home with 2 cats Max and Charlie who are my room-mate's 2 cats.
I am hoping to move out on my own pretty soon though, , so then I will have to start thinking about getting some cats of my own
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:40 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I've got 6 setters: Ember and Lil Belle (littermates, 4 yrs old); Cass (5 this month); Cole (4); and Macie and Ridge (about 3 1/2). In my spare time I like to ... oh, wait... what spare time?

I found this forum last month and I'm really hooked...even though I'm not really the BB type
Old November 4th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi Deborah here, I joined pets.ca a while back when I was unemployed and a full time zoo co ordinator (or so it felt in our home) Now employed full time I pop in now and again to check the pets needing rescue and transport help needed mostly to see if I can ever help.... sooooo many new members wish I could spend more time here.

I have a female Shepherd, and male Shepherd\Hound mix (that was the closest guess)

I now only have 3 male cats Tiger, Scar and Jerk and 2 females Boots and Min Min. 2 of my females passed in the last year

We also have 2 Guard Geese we are very fond of and other feathered friends we keep for thier eggs.

This is the best pet site in the internet hemisphere (IMHO)
Old November 4th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Rosco, Raw Fed & LOVES IT

Well, my names Scott. Looking at the stats it looks like I'm a rare one in the sense I'm male and the majority of this forum is female!

Anyhoo, I have a 7 month old bullmastiff puppy named Rosco. I also have 3 cats. two are 5 1/2 years old, the other is 5.

This is a great forum!

Their impression of power is remarkable. They give one the feeling of immense reserves of energy, of great reservoirs of knowledge, of tolerance of disposition, obstinacy of purpose, and tenacity of principle. They are responsive, and they have a lot of quiet, good sense.

-J. Wentworth Day, from The Dog in Sport, 1938
Old November 4th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Pumpkin' Dumplin' Gang

hi!! this forum is awesome, lots of info and alot of smiles and a few tears. My name is Alexis and i am owned by a 2 year old Zoe(chow/elkhound mix), 9 year old Amos( 21 lb orange tabby) and a 9 year old Pheobe ( 6lb calico rescue).
Old November 4th, 2006, 05:36 PM

I'm Nancy, and currently under the command of Bo, the 6 year old rescue DSH black kitty, and Maggie, the 3 year old black husky/border collie/shepherd/lab/SPCA special/whatever dog.

I've had cats my whole life, but Maggie is the first dog I've shared my space with.
Old November 14th, 2006, 11:45 PM

My name is Eileen. I am married to a wonderful animal lover, Alex, it will be 25 years next June.

We moved to Hawaii from NJ then to Las Vegas for my health. While in Hawaii we saved two animals a yellow Lab mix Imperial, and a who knows what because she has every color in her and everyone says that she is beautiful cat named Martini. She received this name because she came over the saddle road on the big island and she was shaken, not stirred. We had gotten a cat previously at the same time as Imperial and his name was Palace, unfortunately he died and Imperial went into mourning so we had to replace him with another cat. Imperial will not allow Martini out of the house because she is afraid of losing her. She is a better mother than I would ever have been. These are our children.
Old November 16th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi!

I'm Sarah, recently moved to Montreal, Canada, from Norway. Lewis and I currently have Dani (Duck Toller mix) and are waiting to adopt Bella!

I grew up in a home where the only sure thing was that there was my parents, my brother and a cat. At times there were budgies (lots of them over the years, love them!), finches, an aquarium at one time, and two attempts at making my dad accept a dog. Other than this, we were always moving from one city to another as my dad climbed the "ladder" in the bank he worked for.

Once on my own, I always made sure I had a cat (not now though ) tried turtles for my son, and kept several dogs. Some rescues, some mixes, some pure bred. My all-time favorite breed? The Hovawart! Mine was 28.7" at the shoulder! A little tall for the standard, but what a personality. I'll always remember and miss Rafal.

This forum is great, I'll be checking in every day
Old December 8th, 2006, 06:46 PM

This thread is now open again...love to get more feedback.

Many thanks as always,

Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:15 AM

Hi, I'm Angela. I live in Edmonton, Alberta. I have one dog, Nikki, who is a yellow lab and I have two cats. Dawg is about 7 and is all black, Nova is around 6 and is white and black, and both cats are very vocal! I imagine they must have some meeser in them, but I got them as stray kittens, so I will never know for sure.

I love this board! Lots of great info!! Very friendly members too!
Old December 24th, 2006, 01:43 AM

My name is Lyn from Montreal, I have an ADORABLE red min pin named Bowser and am currently trying to talk hubby into rescueing another doggy or kitty.
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:08 PM

Hi my name is Nancy and I live in the UK, I found this site when I was greiving for the loss of my baby boy Freeway in Aug 05, I tend to pop in and lurk most days.

We currently have 2 huskies, Lucca - 5 male white with brown eyes and Mia 3 black & white with blue eyes, we also have 4 cats, Suzy woo - all black (4), Millie - torty (5), Lucy - tabby - (15) and Albie - all ginger female - 6 months.

I also work as a ferral rescue co-ordinator for the surrounding villages - luckily ferral strays are not that common in the UK, as our winters are not that cold, we tend to spay and vaccinate the adults and release them and rehome the kittens (Albie was one of my latest rescues).

In the past we have rehomed - pidgeons, parrots and hamsters, also rabbits and guinea pigs also a monk jack deer that just wandered into our street.
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:46 PM

My name is Jennifer. I have a 2 year old toy poodle named Molly and a 1 year old Brussels Griffon named Nemo. I also have two parakeets named Kiwi and Freckles. I live in the Detroit area in Michigan.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 03:47 PM
Cinder & Maddie's Mom

Hi, My name is Liana, and I'm mommy to 2 dogs, Pepper (she's a 15yr old Border Collie/Blue Heeler x), and Cinder (she's a 7yr old Dachshund/Beagle or Terrier?x). They're my kids, and spoiled rotten! This is a great site which I found at the end of December. I'm currently off on disability so I have some extra time to spend browsing thru everyone's lovely pet pics, and the games are addicting! Keep up the great job!

Pepper (16) Border Collie/Blue Heeler x
Samantha (15) English Springer Spaniel

Saving just one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that animal.

The soul is the same in all living creatures, even if the body is different.
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:33 PM

My name is Marcy and I'm married with 2 skinkids, a girl (22) and a boy (18). They both still live at home, for which I'm grateful and dreading the day either one moves out. We have 2 furkids, a 2 year old German Shepherd named Summit and a 3 month old chihuahua named Brie. We have 4 horses, Kit, Phoenix, Page and Twizzler. My daughter also has 2 bearded dragons, Zeus and Diablo.
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:07 AM

Hi my name is Velma. I live north of Edmonton, Alberta. I have a 2 yr. old female Leonberger named "Boo" (rescue from U.S.) a handsome male tuxedo cat named "Valentino" (orphaned at 2 wks of age) and my newest addition is "Chicklet" an 11 week old female tabby (previous owner was allergic). Love them all and can't imagine life without them. This website is incredible. I have cried at so many stories and laughed at so many others.
I am awed constantly by the animal rescue HEREOS I come across here, you people are incredible..
Old January 6th, 2007, 11:24 PM

Smile I have a bunny

Hello,
My name is Angela i have an adorable dwarf rabbit, and his name is Cincin.
I adopted him from SPCA a couple of years ago i and i am crazy about him! He is the cutest pet i ever had and made myself and my husband very happy. Before we adopted him and we never knew much about rabbits and we adopted him because of the convenience, easy to care and not much attention...Now i can't wait to get home and play with him!

Last edited by CinCin; January 6th, 2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old January 9th, 2007, 01:37 PM

Hello everyone and welcome to the site! I haven't done this in awhile so I thought I'd update. My partner (wife) and I have Nicky the pom and Minnie the tabby. Both are rescues and my retirement dream is to be a fulltime foster Mom to special needs animals. I have a LONG way to retirement so I'm content with my 2 furkids for now and the occasional rescue that I may find from time to time. My partner and I live in Atlanta and are both 30 years old. I believe our next "kid" will be a bulldog or another pug, as I lost my first pug to a house fire in 2005. Here are some pics!
Gee whiz is that a HUGE pic of me! lmao And there's lil ole Nicky beside me..lol
Attached Images

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999

Last edited by Mahealani770; January 9th, 2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old January 9th, 2007, 01:40 PM

...and my darling Minnie....
Attached Images

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999
Old January 9th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Half Way To Crazy

bev here, i have 2 dogs a huskey (nakita) 9 1/2 and a bernese mountain dog(bree) 5 months old. we got bree cause my other dog coby died suddenly with in a day. i could not handle the emptiness in the house so we started to look i found bree and it was love at first sight. nakita is very independent and is mostly my husbands dog he can get her to do anything , me she just stares at me. with bree it is the opposit she listens to me more (lol)
i live in montreal with my husband and two kids (18 and 21) the house can be very small at times when everyone is home.
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Who are the members and What types of pets do you have?

Hi, I'm Jane, new member who's still exploring all the little nooks and crannies of this site and came upon this. I currently have 8 cats (which could change at any moment - all my pets are strays and you just never know when another's going to pop in). Anyway, 8 cats, Mallory, Simon, Herman, Cooper, Darwin, Frisky, Peri and Dobbie, and one dog, Tucker, that I found in the local supermarket (scrounging for food). I'm originally from NY, but now live in a very rural, remote part of Ireland. Much easier to have pets (or rescue strays) here, as there's a lot more room. In NY, at one point, I had 4 dogs and 15 cats, all abandoned. My philosophy is that you have a 20 foot radius around you, and anything that comes into that area, that needs assistance, you must help. OK, so I often extend that measurement a little. But you know what I mean.
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM

That's a wonderful philosophy, Inisfad. Welcome to the board!

Old January 12th, 2007, 01:07 PM
breeze
This message has been deleted by breeze. Reason: already posted
Old January 13th, 2007, 05:09 PM

Hi my name is Pat and I am a foster for Rosie rescue. I have 3 skin kids and 2dogs. Zoe, our 7yr old boston and Molly our 9month old golden mix, rescue that we bottle fed. We also have a 5yr old lovebird, 2 rescued turtles and 4 rescued gerbils....and a partridge in a pear tree! My family and I have fostered over 50 dogs (mainly puppies) in the last 3 years and of course I have a passion for dogs.
Old January 13th, 2007, 05:46 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterpat View Post
Hi my name is Pat and I am a foster for Rosie rescue.
We may know eachother......
Old January 13th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Senior Contributor

who are the

Names Theresa, live with 2 poms and 2 pom mixes, 30 gal fish tank, am dog groomer, do rescue/foster/re-home for 4 vets and 2 humane societies. Am involved in feeding, spaying/neutering feral cat colony and am avid bird watcher, nature lover.
Old January 15th, 2007, 08:40 PM

Hi Frenchy, sorry but I don't think that I've met anyone from the Golden Rescue yet. Because of our terribly busy schedule, I don't always get to go to the adoption clinics or events for Rosie. But I'm sure that you must know several people from Rosie. Who knows perhaps we'll meet someday....I'm not too hard to identify if my kids are with me....they have red hair!