Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old June 4th, 2010, 09:52 AM

Found - Lutino Cockatiel (Markham)

I have found a yellow (Lutino) cockatiel. No leg band, rather plump, and is hand tamed. He/she flew onto someone's shoulder in Milne Park last Saturday May 30, 2010. The tail feathers are rather dirty and he appears stressed but other than that, looks fine. He/she ate for a solid hour when I put him in our cage.
Be prepared to disclose the distinguishing feature when you contact me. This is obviously someone's family pet and I would really like to reunite them. I haven't taken a picture because he's too stressed as it is, but he looks like any other Lutino cockatiel.
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Senior Contributor

You should also contact your local shelter as well and fill out a found report with them. Someone might have called and filled out a lost report with them.
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:14 PM

Thanks, I did that first...OSPCA, had to bite my tongue. I called the local vets as well and will check bulletin boards around town. It is a beautiful bird and after mine died I considered getting another, but this one seems sad somehow and I am sure his family misses him. If no one claims him, I will keep him but I'd rather reunite them.
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa00 View Post
Thanks, I did that first...OSPCA, had to bite my tongue. I called the local vets as well and will check bulletin boards around town. It is a beautiful bird and after mine died I considered getting another, but this one seems sad somehow and I am sure his family misses him. If no one claims him, I will keep him but I'd rather reunite them.
Well if not reclaimed, then I think he was meant to be with you. Things happen for a reason when we least expect it to.

You sound like a wonderful person. Bless your heart.
Old June 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa00 View Post
Hi Lisa!, Is there any way I can get in touch with you. My aunt lost her lutiel cockatiel when it flew out of the house in february 2010 (mccowan and 16th avenue). She went out all night looking for it but ended up not finding it. I kind of miss him too so I decided to google even after 1 year later.

It is a male so it does not lay any eggs and I don't think it had distinguishing features when he went missing, but he can say "pretty birdy" when my uncle says that, and he loves it when my aunt pets his head and beak.

I know it's probably not him since we lost him in february, but I still hope he is.

I will PM you my number you can contact. Look forward to talking with you!

-Jason

*edit* I cannot send PM's so I will give you my number here. You can call/text me at 647-454-4545.