Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 11th, 2008, 12:15 PM

Question Pimples on belly?!

Hi everyone,
After I took my 3 yr old JRT to the park, I noticed she had very red burn-like spots on her tummy. After a day those "burns" turned into small pimples filled with pus. I though this may be from some type of plant prehaps? Any suggestions?
Old June 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM
NOT a senior member

I wonder if it could have been an insect bite? My Minpin had a couple red marks on her tummy recently, and the vet thought that it could have been from possibly ants. She had been laying on the grass previously, and it seems we have alot of ants around. Keep an eye on them, if they don't look better soon or seem to spread etc, take her in to get it looked at.

My loyal menagerie... (all neutered, spayed, and gelded...and YOU aren't safe either!)

Ruben (Bullmastiff)
Emmy (Miniature Pinscher)
Petie (Miniature Pinscher)
Shadow (Miniature Pinscher)
Zoe (APBT)
Tito (Paint Gelding)
Francesca (Miniature Horse Filly)
Vincenzo (APHA gelding)

Lots of fishies......
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:03 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

We have blackflies here. They leave a red mark about a centimeter across with a red dot in the middle. Normally they just fade away, but one of our dogs is very sensitive to them--he gets little infections at the bite sites which drain and scab over about 24-48 hours later. So it could be something like that, as well.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Could be a pyoderma - a skin infection. Molly (my Golden retriever) had spots like that on her, I was beginning to wonder if she had chicken pox , turns out it's just a manifestation of a skin infection.... commonly caused by allergy - fleas are common but could be just about anything. Is she itchy?

Maybe a bath might help
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)