Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 9th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Sooooooooooooooo if Aztec kinda gets a liking for CG, ummmm, will he get a sister ?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Senior Contributor

SCM,this is really exciting,cannot wait to see pics
Just a careful quiet little question,are you keeping beautiful Cinnamon-girl
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Senior Contributor

came on this morning hoping to get a glimpse....hint hint hint....
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
So, what does one get for having guessed the correct number of kittens?
A kitten!!!!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Sooooooooooooooo if Aztec kinda gets a liking for CG, ummmm, will he get a sister ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Just a careful quiet little question,are you keeping beautiful Cinnamon-girl
Sheesh you guys !!!

That part remains to be seen. I would absolutely love to keep her, and just the thought of handing her over to someone else tears my heart out. She loves Zack (DH) as well, and he's quite smitten with her .

Sooooooooo......if I can convince Aztec that she doesn't have cooties, it's a possibility. But it's crucial that their indoor introduction goes well because he chased her a couple times when she was still an outside kitty and came into the yard for food. He's got a thing against light coloured cats, don't ask me why. He does like the orange ones though, and he'll have 4 of those to play with soon enough!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:32 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Sheesh you guys !!!

That part remains to be seen. I would absolutely love to keep her, and just the thought of handing her over to someone else tears my heart out. She loves Zack (DH) as well, and he's quite smitten with her .

Sooooooooo......if I can convince Aztec that she doesn't have cooties, it's a possibility. But it's crucial that their indoor introduction goes well because he chased her a couple times when she was still an outside kitty and came into the yard for food. He's got a thing against light coloured cats, don't ask me why. He does like the orange ones though, and he'll have 4 of those to play with soon enough!
By the time CG has her kittens weaned Aztec will be used to her smell. Maybe you can do the unthinkable and use a non permanent dye on her until he gets used to having her there. Then by the time the fur has gone back to normal it'll be too late. He'll be smitten too.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:05 AM
-

Quote:
Final kitten tally is 5: 4 orange tabbies and 1 possible torbie (hard to tell for sure just yet).
I can't wait for pics
Old July 9th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Okey dokey, it's still too hard to get a good shot of the wee ones, but I've got some pics to try to buy me some time. The first 3 are from a day or 2 before CG gave birth.

Flaunting her baby blues:

Sitting pretty on one of the built in shelves:

"Don't just stand there, get me some ice cream!":

These shots are from a few minutes ago. She was blocking most of my view with her head, so I'll have to try again when she's facing the other way.

You might be able to make out a snoozing pile of orange kitties and one darker one behind her.

It's pretty hot here today and she was getting sleepy, as you can see from her eyes in the last pic. I didn't want to bother her anymore than I already had. But don't worry guys, I'll keep trying.....

Old July 9th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Senior Contributor

SCM, she is such a beautiful girl. That picture of her on one of the shelves is so lovely. It looks like a picture you'd see in a magazine about home style or something.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to keep her.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Senior Contributor

they look so tiny in there.....can't wait to see them move....
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
By the time CG has her kittens weaned Aztec will be used to her smell. Maybe you can do the unthinkable and use a non permanent dye on her until he gets used to having her there. Then by the time the fur has gone back to normal it'll be too late. He'll be smitten too.
You come up with the best ideas

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I think after 8-10 weeks, Aztec will be so used to her that he will barely notice her And I think I did here him say in the background that he was lonely

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old July 9th, 2010, 10:32 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

She's so beautiful, scm...and from the little teasers you've posted of the young'uns, they're gonna be real lookers, too! Can't wait for a real look at the kittens!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:39 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Wow! She really did make herself a little cave, didn't she? Be ready for her to move them in another couple of days. Is there a bed in the room? If so you may want to block her access to underneath or you may never see the kittens till they are up and moving on their own. Looks like she is doing a great job at being a mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
You come up with the best ideas
I try

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Quote:
A kitten!!!!

CG is one pretty momma .
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Live well, laugh often

Quote:
Quote:
A kitten!!!!
I think growler needs at least two kittens . Let me know growler and next time by brother flies out from Calgary I'll suggest he bring a few babies with him .

Great pics scm, momma looks beautiful and sounds like she is doing an amazing job .
Old July 10th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Senior Contributor

aww cinnamon is so pretty. I like the pics of her head on the blanket. I can't see the babies though i think I might of seen an ear,,,but not sure,,,just a light coloured something.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old July 10th, 2010, 02:34 AM

I just saw this thread tonight. I think it gets the award for...

BEST THREAD EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I wish I lived in Calgary..........

THANKS SCM
Old July 10th, 2010, 12:03 PM

I've been checking every day, so happy to log on and see the good news. Congratulations. Cinnamon Girl is lovely and I'm so proud of her, you too. Enjoy your new family.

Mama to Izzy, rescued March 2009.
Old July 10th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Senior Contributor

SCM,Cinnamon is such a beautiful girl,I trust she'll never be on the street again,right
I am sure Aztec will get used to her eventually and share you with her,but knowing these tabby-boys it might just take a bit longer.
Old July 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Wow! She really did make herself a little cave, didn't she? Be ready for her to move them in another couple of days.
I'm hoping she does. I remembered what you said about that, so I went out and bought (shhh, don't tell Zack) a gorgeous new (bigger) cat carrier with a top loading feature, with hopes that she'll eventually move the kitts in there. Put some towels in and covered it with a sheet, and early this morning she must have gone in it because the towels were all dug up. It'll be WAY easier for me to get pics of her and the babies in there .

Quote:
Is there a bed in the room? If so you may want to block her access to underneath or you may never see the kittens till they are up and moving on their own.
No bed, only a bookcase with glass doors. It worked out great because we were planning to turn the room into a library/guest room with a sofa bed and reading lamps and a nice plush carpet, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. Mostly it was just storage for unpacked boxes since we moved in . Didn't take much to clean everything out and make it cat-proof/friendly, so the timing of this whole situation was perfect.

Quote:
Looks like she is doing a great job at being a mom.
She's so awesome. I could just watch her all day. When I bring food in to her, she's so careful not to disturb the babes very much when she gets up. If one starts squawking for any reason, she checks him out to make sure everything is okay, and if they're squabbling over nipples, she'll roll onto her back to give them easier access to the wet bar.

Quote:
SCM,Cinnamon is such a beautiful girl,I trust she'll never be on the street again,right
You better believe it! Only a nice cushy home-life for her from now on.

Quote:
I am sure Aztec will get used to her eventually and share you with her,but knowing these tabby-boys it might just take a bit longer.
Yup, the tabby-boys are pretty fussy about sharing. Aztec especially, since he's had me all to himself for so long. I used to threaten that I'd get him a kitten so that he'd know what it felt like to have someone following him around all day demanding his undivided attention .

Old July 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Senior Contributor

SCM,I was just reading in your profile that Aztec is 17yrs old,he is such a beautiful tabby,hopefully he'll love little Cinnamon..
Rocky was so against Vinnie at the start,but now they are buddies,Chico only likes us and would want to be an only cat
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:

Yup, the tabby-boys are pretty fussy about sharing. Aztec especially, since he's had me all to himself for so long. I used to threaten that I'd get him a kitten so that he'd know what it felt like to have someone following him around all day demanding his undivided attention .
Yes, but the male instinct will come into play when she goes into heat. He is going to love having her smell around

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old July 11th, 2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
A kitten!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriM View Post
I think growler needs at least two kittens . Let me know growler and next time by brother flies out from Calgary I'll suggest he bring a few babies with him .

All kidding aside, in any case I'm not ready

CG looks & sounds like she is doing a fabulous job She is a gorgeous grrl, love the eyes Such a tease with the over the shoulder barely a peek at the kittens

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Last edited by growler~GateKeeper; July 11th, 2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old July 11th, 2010, 06:54 PM
~Cat Servent~

I saw them I saw them!!!! Oh so glad everything went alright! 4 orange and Chico hasn't put her name on one yet????? From what I saw momma made the perfect little den for her cubs...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old July 11th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Some shots from today. Still not the best, but they'll have to do for now. I'm pretty sure one of the orange guys is a polydactyl, which virtually guarantees that Berlin was the dad.

Breakfast in bed with a mosh pit of kittens in the background:

Little orange dude peeking out:

Old July 11th, 2010, 09:27 PM
150% PRO S/N

So sweet!! She trusts you so much to allow you that close. Of course you do bring gifts when you come in. Babies look like they are doing well. Cute wee things.

Old July 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
-

She looks like such a good momma !
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, look at those little tykes!!! I can't wait till they start coming out to play!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awwwwww, SCM, You must be in heaven , Wait until you get the pitter patter of little kitty paws, you heart wills smile every time you go into the kitten nursery

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)