Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey erykah1310

did you see the news tonight? Some inbred hillbilly shot a young german sheppard with a shot gun in St Charles. Sick pieces of crap left him to die. Over 50 pellets were taken out of his face and neck. Waldon Animal hospital said he was shot 2 times. If you hear anything call the cops. They want to lay charges.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh crap, why are people so cruel

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I was messaged about the dog shortly after it had happened and he was spotted by the school bus. I was off at my dog sledding friends house at the time and when I got home and got the message ( half hour after the fact) I took a drive, it happened less than a km from my house. This is the fifth dog in this exact area to be shot, the police know about them all, they have spanned over the past 4 years that I have been here.
I spoke with the OPP and asked if the dog was found when I went out to look for him and she said yes and that the SPCA was on its way, there was plenty of people there taking care of the situation so I did not go over, I couldn't bear to see it.
An OPP officer later came to the house and asked me a bunch of questions and if the dog was mine (different officer than I had spoken to previously) I took her on a tour of the property and the extreme lengths we go to to ensure my dogs never go down the hill to never return (location where all these dogs have been shot) Buddy the dog in the news, is the third to survive, 2 have died on the side of the road.
This is NOT an isolated case here, by far.
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Senior Contributor

here is the full story

http://www.thesudburystar.com/Articl...aspx?e=3495014

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Senior Contributor

I just saw your post on the stars website....

Old March 8th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I'm so sick over all of this... I haven't really slept since. I know this sort of thing happens every day all over the world, but when it is happening in your back yard literally, it really turns a stomach even that much more.
Dog owners around me have a VERY hard time with a particular person here who allows dogs on their property for a while then decides no more and stops with the treats and insists that they stay away... there have been many threats that dogs will get shot, said person even told an OPP officer once " if that dog comes here again I will shoot it" yet nothing gets done when this stuff happens.
This particular case is a bit different than the others, it was shot a bit further down the quiet vacant road than usual and apparently it was believed the dog was tied and shot but it makes no sense to me, how did it get untied and allowed to run up and down the road ending up kms away from the scene?
I don't feel in my heart that this was the same person that has caused so much grief out here, that or for some reason I don't want to think it could be. I don't know what I feel right now, I expressed my concerns and showed the OPP officer all of my dogs ( as they were up in the living room at the time) and explained to her that I absolute fear my dogs ever escaping, the officer said to me " you shouldn't have to live with that fear" and I said until one person has guns removed from their home I will.
That person and their henchman have driven by here 4 times today, very out of the ordinary. And I saw the one person and was given the most evil skin crawly grin ever. I wanted to punch said person in the face as hard as I could but just kept walking as this time around I don't feel it is them with 100% certainty.
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Most of us here would go to the ends of the earth to make sure our babies are loved, cared for and protected. It just makes me sick. I would kill to have mine healthy and with me, then you see this crap and all I can think about is how I wish someone out there would take that gun and turn it around on who ever is doing this. The world wouldn't suffer any losses. Harsh, maybe. But that's how I feel.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012