Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2005, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn
Any ideas what the legal ramifications of this is, ....
Yes, there's a lot of things that are going on right now that I can't post in here and I really wish I could because I have soooooooooooooooooooo much more to tell you all... I can not name names or game plans at this point.

What I can say is we need a criminal charge and a civil suit, and then based on those the by-law will be easily defeated. Yes, we're close to getting the first two. I'm sorry I have to be so vague with people who feel like you've been my friends my entire life but I have to listen to what legal counsel says it's not ok to say.

Finding other owners who have been through this in Kitchener is a task, but we're finding them

BTW, thank-you for the tip on how to save this thread!!!

Jen
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:14 PM

Thought you'd all like to see this :)

Everyone worked hard for this, so we scanned it to show you.. we got this hand delivered to us from the City of Kitchener today:

http://www.savinglily.com/images/rescinded.jpg
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:21 PM

I haven't been posting in this thread, but I have been following it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What an amazing victory! And a great precedent!!
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

Terrific!

Hot dog! another reason to party!!
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:47 PM

So cool eh? They put a warning in with the letter that accompanied it to make sure we updated Lily's license (smirk)... did that yesterday Like we're gonna waste time making sure this never happens to us again..
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:47 PM

I think what you have done is absolutly incredible, sandra and jen
I'm sure there are some counslors in Kichener, scrambling to come up with more lies, to cover up past lies, thanks to all the hard work you put into exposeing those clowns. I can't wait for the day I see the headline's "Kichener-Waterloo pit bull ban defeated" and I truly beleave it will happen, thanks to both of you, and of course Lilly.
Stanley- Tabby cat and King of the hut
dogster at.[url]http://www.dogster.com/?176592[/url]
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:13 PM

Big Idea From Our Lawyers - Dog Picture Contest

This will be on the savinglily.com site shortly: Contest to be officially posted on the savinglily.com website Tuesday June 5th, 2005.

Part of the reason why BSL went so far with our dog was because of the horrible pictures that were taken of her by by-law enforcement. We discredited those pictures, but our lawyers want to prove a point.

We're running a contest on our lawyers suggestion called "CAN YOU MAKE YOUR DOG LOOK LIKE A PIT BULL?"

This is exclusively for people who do not own pit bulls, there is a contest for pit bull owners below. How you do this is:

Stand about 2 feet in front of your dog (your dog should be facing you sitting down) so looking through the camera you see the dogs head a little bit of their body and their front legs. Snap the picture. Make sure you stay standing and if you have to, do what the by-law officer did to Lily and lean over so the angle is even worse. Wide angle lenses and fish-eye lenses do the trick too. Your dogs head should look HUGE if you've done it right, with a tiny tiny body and stubby legs and tiny feet. Then have your dog sit normally. Line yourself up with the dog's midpoint - center - so that there's no distortion at all and take a picture of your dog in the same pose. Send the picture to sandra@savinglily.com - Subject: Pit Bull Contest - Make sure you tell Sandra what the breed of your dog is.

For the people who own verified pit bulls and verified pit bull mixes, your contest is: "FUN THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR PIT BULL"

We're looking for the cutest funniest pictures of pit bulls you can take. Pit bulls at the park in baby swings, pit bulls in baby carriages, pit bulls in drag, pit bulls with shades on.... the cuter and funnier the better. And sweet pictures - pits with kids, pits with kittens etc.. etc.. A little pit bull walking a big big dog... those kinds of things. Send the picture to sandra@savinglily.com - Subject: Fun Pit Bull

This contest is a pre-advance notice. When the contest is posted on the site this weekend we'll be asking for a $2.00 donation to cover the cost of some of the prizes and shipping. So get your pics in for free now! YOU MAY SUBMIT AS MANY PICTURES AS YOU LIKE!!!

The contest will close August 29th, 2005 – BSL Ontario D-Day. Please remember that any pictures you send in will become the property of savinglily.com and will be posted on the site. Pictures will be assigned an ID # and your name, location, and dogs name will NOT be posted on the site. The ID# will be given out when the pictures go up on the site. Only the people who own the dog will know the ID# for their dog. We consider all information given to us about the owner and the dog covered under the Canadian Privacy of Information Act and will at no time give out any information to any third party.

The winners of EACH contest will get a gift basket for their dogs full of stuff your baby will love. If you're a dog toy or dog food supplier, please contact us. $2.00 donations go toward the gift basket goodies and toward shipping. Any money that is left over after the contest will be donated evenly to the organizations involved in Band-Aid Coalition. As an additional Bonus for Ontario Entrants, there will be one additional Ontario owner selected to win one hour of free legal advice from Green and Vespry Law Offices (www.greenandvespry.com) the lawyers who represented Lily and won.

Again all submissions should go to sandra@savinglily.com

Get snapping!
savinglily.com

Last edited by JenSteele; July 1st, 2005 at 12:58 PM. Reason: contest rules
Old June 30th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Long Term Member

Wow Jen! Youre amazing! I can't believe this... I'd never be able to do this!
GOOD LUCK!!!!
My cockatiel Jayson- 3months
Hailey- My cockatiel-2 years :love:
Old June 30th, 2005, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntman
I think what you have done is absolutly incredible, sandra and jen
I'm sure there are some counslors in Kichener, scrambling to come up with more lies, to cover up past lies, thanks to all the hard work you put into exposeing those clowns. I can't wait for the day I see the headline's "Kichener-Waterloo pit bull ban defeated" and I truly beleave it will happen, thanks to both of you, and of course Lilly.
Thanks so much.. I'm sure a few of them are scrambling as the net gets closer and closer to them.. we can defeat BSL and we will as long as we all stick together... we can do this!!!
Old June 30th, 2005, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessXx
Wow Jen! Youre amazing! I can't believe this... I'd never be able to do this!
GOOD LUCK!!!!
You can do anything you put your mind to.. anything...
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:53 PM

Saving Bentley!!!!!!!!!!!

Need everyone's help again!!!!

The thread is here:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....646#post149646
Old July 4th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Senior Contributor

27th was my moving day and I havent had internet for a whole week. The suspense was killing me. FINALLy I can say this:

CONGRATULATIONS! YOu truly rock Jen.
Give Lily a big fat kiss from capone to her. I am so proud of you and whatever your next step is I hope you expose this fools for what they really are, dog killers and nothing more.

As I grow older and BSL is so in my face I have discovered the true nature of politicians and city officials. Sure I have heard many a politician joke but now I truly know how jaded and self serving they are. What part of SERVING THE PEOPLE do they not understand...

Again Jen you are the best and I feel so relieved. Hopefully you can pursue other avenues that maybe this fight for lily uncovered.

EXHALE
Old July 4th, 2005, 05:06 PM

Thanks so much... I'm a bit MIA recently... we're trying to get our biz caught back up after a month of saving Lily-belle

It's amazing how burnt out we feel, but you keep going don't you?

We're going next week to take pictures of Bentley and help his Mom get her evidence together. It scares me to think how many people out there still don't know all the things to do to "get it together" to save their dogs.. and worse how many people don't know how backwards the system has been. Anything that's all politics and no conscience is backwards I guess

<--- exhausted but still at it

Jen
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:09 PM

Jen I am soo happy for you!! That is great you were able to save your dog. It is so sad that they can decide to put down a dog with no history of violence just because of their breed. I have a pit bull who is the sweetest thing. Luckily I live in Maine where there are no bans on breeds as of yet. Otherwise I would have to move considering I had a Rotti that just died of cancer, I have a pit and live with a doberman. I really hope you are as succesful with Bentley!!
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:43 PM

Thanks!!! We couldn't have done it without everyone's help...

Unfortunately Bentley's Mom tossed in the towel... she decided to move instead of fight the city... can't blame her though - we're still trying catch up on lost business for taking so much time off. Don't regret it one bit, but not everyone can hang in there through something like this.
Old August 11th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Well the main thing is that Bently is SAVED....! Its quite ridiculaous that they had to move out of the city. These things are so disruptive to everyones life no matter what! Just look at todays posts! One dog with no home cause the landlord thinks he cant get insurance for tenants with a pit bull, Luvmypit being harrassed by neighours, all of us scared to traumatise our dogs with muzzles, I know of at least four people who had to move or felt they did to insure quality of life for their dogs. Let alone what you guys went through Jen!
Old September 13th, 2005, 10:52 AM
tybrax

CONGRADULATIONS ON A WONDERFUL WIN, SENDING HEAPS OF LOVE TO LILY
WE HAVE FOLLOWED THE CASE FROM AUSTRALIA.

ONCE AGAIN CONGRADULATIONS

TYBRAX http://www.geocities.com/tybrax1/
Old October 24th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Long Term Member

that I didnt get to congratulate you sooner! :love: CONGRATS ON SAVING YOUR BABY!!!
I'm so happy for you!
My cockatiel Jayson- 3months
Hailey- My cockatiel-2 years :love:
Old October 25th, 2005, 07:38 AM

Thanks so much . We'll be doing a complete site update in November at savinglily.com
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:47 AM
owned by Tucker

Congrats I'm happy to see that everything worked out wonderfully for Lily and you.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:01 PM

I had a pit bull attack six months ago. The owner of the pit bull defended the dog profusely that the dog was kind and gentle. Once you had an attacked everything seems so different. I understand only a few pit bulls have attacked people, but i also understand the pit bulls attacks that have happen every single owner has swore there dog has always behaved wonderfully. My two cents. Also if you have a pitt bull buy insurance. The whole incident was about 6 thousand which the pit bull owner had to pay out of pocket.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM

This thread is from 2005.
It has run its course and will now be closed.