Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 29th, 2005, 06:44 AM

Adoption final

I posted here a few weeks ago that I was adopting a Yorkie. It was quite a process but today is adoption day. I was telling my coworkers all the things I had to get for him and yesterday they actually had a baby shower for him. I got a harness, toys, blankets, sweaters. What a surprise. All I need to get today is a crate and his food. I've been up since 5:30 and I don't even pick him up till 2:00. Guess you could call that excited!!!!
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:56 AM

Congrats! What great co-workers! Can't wait to see pictures of your new furbaby. Does he have a name yet?
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Senior Contributor

How exciting!! Can't wait to see pics.
Old January 29th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Kitty Consort

Congratulations!

How wonderful.. you must be just thrilled! That was so sweet and thoughtful your co-workers to all partipate in this exciting event.
Best wishes to you and Yorkie, let us know how he settles in and what you are naming him, wont you? Looking forward to pics.
Old January 30th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

What a cool idea, a furbaby shower

I remember the anticipation the day that we adopted Callie. Congratulations on your adoption. We are all looking forward to the pics.
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:52 AM

Smile new yorkie

Lil' Chip previously known as Chipper has been here with us for a week. He is a doll. loves to play and snuggle, loves the car. our only problem is he won't let my husband in the bedroom at night. We have to crate him before my husband can come to bed. He has actually chased him from the room and nipped him on the leg. The rest of the time he just loves hubby, goes in the car or out for walks with him. Guess he thinks there's only room for me and him in the bedroom. After 30 yrs. of sharing my bed guess it wouldn't be such a bad thing to have it to myself. only problem is Chip seems to think he owns most of the bed.But I guess if I want to make it to 31 yrs. I better crate the dog. It will take some time as this little guy has had 4 homes in 5 yrs. so will take some adjustment, god only knows what he has done or what has been done to him in the past, but after only one week I know he will be here for the rest of his time. I may be speaking too soon as today is his first bath with me.HaHa
Old February 5th, 2005, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathym
It will take some time as this little guy has had 4 homes in 5 yrs. so will take some adjustment, god only knows what he has done or what has been done to him in the past, but after only one week I know he will be here for the rest of his time.
Poor little guy. I am so happy for you and your new furbaby. Sounds like he has a good forever home now. Do you have any pics of him yet?
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:34 PM

Hi!
We have a Yorkie too. I've only had her a few weeks and she fits in like she's always been here as I'm sure your new little guy will :love: