Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pet product reviews - dog products > Cat product reviews

Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
banned user

We have pedipaws and all of our dogs hate it....they run as soon as they hear it...we tried getting them used to it without it being on...but they run once they realize it is making a noice.
So for us it is a dud.
The idea is great...the operation hopeless
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:46 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

I think it entirely depends on the dog. I do think it's a great tool and does a very good job......but you just can't get some dogs near it! But it works for me on 1 of 2, so for $20 I'd say that's pretty good!
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old January 3rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase_Mom View Post
I think it entirely depends on the dog. I do think it's a great tool and does a very good job......but you just can't get some dogs near it! But it works for me on 1 of 2, so for $20 I'd say that's pretty good!
I know Bailey won't mind at all so even if Chloé and Nelly don't like it , at least it won't be a waste of money
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Senior Contributor

I've had the Peticure for a year now. Got both the battery model and the corded model last Jan. They were expensive, but it was before the Pedipaws came out. The battery model lasted about 10 months before the battery died and from what I can tell, the battery cell can't be replaced, so I would not recommend that one. If you want battery operated, then go with the cheaper Pedipaws option. But I do love the corded model. It's a lot more powerful and works great on both big and small nails. Petey is TERRIFIED of getting his nails trimmed, puts up a big fight and it's a huge hassle. But with this now, he just lays there and lets me do it. Takes me just a couple of minutes each week to get all their nails done. Used it on 9 pound Jelly last week for the first time and she didn't mind it at all either.

I will say though that the customer service isn't very good. It takes like two months to arrive in the mail and is not fully assembled and comes with terrible instructions. It took me forever to figure out how to get it assembled and was a huge frustration for me to figure out. But once you finally get it, it's a good product. I could use it right away on them with no fuss or fear. Mine is going on a year and still working great!
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

That's one thing i liked about the pedi-paws.all i had to do was just add 2 C cell batteries and didn't have to wait for it to be sent to me.
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Melinda , do you have the Peticure or the Petipaws ?
frenchy, I have the petipaws
Old January 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Performance Spaniels

I have a dremel.. I've used it for 5 years. I'm pretty happy with it. People on some of the other forums have complained that the peticure and pedipaws weren't powerful enough for larger dogs, or at times strong enough to do more than one dog in a sitting.. I use mine for non dog purposes at times though.

Last edited by mafiaprincess; January 5th, 2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: weirdo spellcheck..
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:01 AM

This was probably a freak accident,but I have a client with a wheaten who used one of these grinders and the hair around the nail somehow got caught.I'm not sure which one it was,but needless to say the dog was really terrified.
Old February 4th, 2009, 11:34 AM
-

Last night we cut the Bassets' nails. Skip is easy, he knows there is a treat waiting for him, he would sell his own mother for a treat Rebel is a basket case......so we thought on buying a Pedi-Paws to see if the experience is any better for him.....although I think not

Question: Can they be bought in Pet supply stores or must they be ordered on-line? Also, Reb's nails are very thick and wide, would this tool be adequately strong enough.
Old February 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Question: Can they be bought in Pet supply stores or must they be ordered on-line? Also, Reb's nails are very thick and wide, would this tool be adequately strong enough.
I've seen these at CVS pharmacies. I don't know if they have those up there, and I think I've seen them at Petco. I know some people also use a Dremmel tool, which if you look at this it sort of is the same thing but not as expensive.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 4th, 2009, 12:03 PM
-

Thanks AG - we don't have CVS Pharmacies here as far as I know, Petco yes. Hubby has a dremmel bit that can fix on his hand drill, I think that that would be too noisy though....Come to think of it maybe he has the smaller kind of tool that is just a dremmel

I'm just thinking that by the comments made that maybe the pedi-paws would not be good enough for Reb's nails....hmmm
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:32 AM
-

Checked with Hubby last night and he has a Dremmel Tool Kit with all kinds of heads and several different speeds So I am going to give it a try.