Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) - Transportation

Old November 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks. I am back home from picking up my other two new semi ferals so now can concentrate on Heidi's.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Ok...nice to know she is still ok...let me know when she gets there...she really knows how to pull at your heart strings...well they all do, but Heidi was so misrepresented that my heart seems to have a soft spot for her...
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:54 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

She's here and exploring her new area. What a sweetheart!!! Should be no problem for kr to find a home for her. She's tiny!! I thought she was a lot bigger than she is. She's probably had some food because as soon as she saw it she was sniffing. 'Course after trying it she may decide she wants to go back to L4's for the gourmet cuisine.
Thanks for all the food and the carrier. It will be passed on to whoever adopts Heidi.
And L4 - thank you very much for all the cat food for Benni. I will try her with some tonight.
Great job everyone.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 8th, 2010, 02:10 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

I have to say i totally agree she isn't feral at all,,i went into the room with her and sat down and she immediately started rubbing her face on my fingers and she was quite calm with L4 and Chico2 in the room and she was well aware there were two puppers in the house..lol,,G wouldn't look at her until right as she was leaving..
Old November 8th, 2010, 02:52 PM
150% PRO S/N

She's settling nicely. Doesn't seem too freaked out by other kitties either. It's amazing the life she led, being outside so much, that she is so healthy feeling. No mats, nice and soft, no sign of fighting/scars, perfect. And loves to snuggle.

Old November 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yep, she's feral.
Attached Images

Old November 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Senior Contributor

great to see she's finally arrived. I'm glad you all think the same thing I do...she is far from the cat that was decribed to me. She is friendly and sweet and very pretty.
When you have time. please post pics....pleeeassseeee
Old November 8th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am home.

What a feral, eh 14+ . Bet it's going to years to handle this one .

Chico, did she ask for your fingers while you were driving . I had to keep my hands in the cage, she rolled over so I could scratch her chin , she is a sweetie.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
150% PRO S/N

I would think if she wanted to be she could give attitude. She looks like a dilute tortie by her colours. But she hasn't shown much today for sure. What a trooper with all the moving from one place to another.

Oh yeah L4 - thanks for the hammock.

Old November 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

She did growl at Jasper , but I think when she settles in she will be a lap cat. She is starving for human attention.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Senior Contributor

I would say,if she is feral,my cats are more so
She was such a good girl in the car,I gave her some treats and my fingers,soon her eyes started closing and she fell asleep.
Both hubby and I fell in love with her,I hope Dahmers friend will take her,if she will make a good kitty-mom,she will get a wonderful little cat
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I don't think she will have an issue with other cats as long as they left her be. Even though she did growl at Jasper, it wasn't serious and she just didn't move. Jasper knew to back off (and cry )

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old November 8th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Senior Contributor

OH and L4H, it was great meeting you and hubs,you were just what I expected,a wonderful person
Hopefully Sweet-Pea got her tooth fixed
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Senior Contributor

I concur...L4H and her hubby are very hospitable...very nice people. By the way L4H..your parents were wonderful as well.

Chico...did you say your hubby and you fell in love with her....Heidi that is; because she would make a great companion....you know
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Thank you.

I tried to convince Mr Pool Boy to take Heidi , he didn't go for it

He is quite the hottie , chico, hope you don't let him out alone

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old November 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah,I know,but we have 2 great companionsone who does not like any other cats,only his mom and dad.
We almost broke down,but it would have been an impulse decision,one we might regret,we are to old for impulses
I am not worried about Heidi,either way,she'll be fine.
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Chico didn't bring Vinnie and chico, so I didn't have the heart to kidnap her . She would have missed her boys too much

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old November 8th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Mr Pool-Boy,was almost convinced,but only almost...and he is quiet the homebody and doesn't really go anywhere without his wifey of 45+yrs
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
,we are to old for impulses

never!!!!
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico, I've never met you or your hottie pool boy, but I remember what you look like so I can just imagine your poolboy must be just as gorgeous...

Heidi will do well. I actually called the lady within a few days of getting her and told her that her cat was sleeping on my bed...she reacted like she was surprised and pretty much told me that Heidi was never seen during the day and she was very antisocial.
In the 3 years she had her she could pretty much cound on one hand how many times she handled her...very sad actually, because she would have been such a sucky cat; and may still be with love and attention.
thanks for the pic 14+
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Thank you.

I tried to convince Mr Pool Boy to take Heidi , he didn't go for it

He is quite the hottie , chico, hope you don't let him out alone
I will vouche for L4 working on pool boy..lol told you he was a cutie...notice he was kinda shy until he realized super newf was sitting in the chair...

Ok L4 i have to tell them,,,rotfl,,I was showing L4 around and Grace was in the kitchen blah blah at me,,,L4 leans over and says " she's got a newfie accent",,i whispered back,,," that's cause she's a newfie"...L4 you should feel special she not only spoke to you but she stayed in the same room the entire time,,she's usually pretty shy around new people.
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
150% PRO S/N

So Heidi is three years old then? Good to know. When I went out to feed them and check on all of them before it got dark she was cuddled up in between a blanket and a catmat sound asleep. She didn't move. The catmat is supposed to retain heat for the cat.
I think she is going to settle just fine. I picked her up about 10 times today with no problem. Well, she growled once but that's because Tinker got too close to her enclosure. I will get more pics tomorrow hopefully.
Do you happen to know what shots she's had CP? And when she got fixed. All of this will help to get her adopted.

Now to work on the other two. The orange kitty let me pet him a bit but Venus won't let me near her!

Old November 8th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ I will get all that info to you asap. She was adopted three years ago at which time she was spayed. As far as the shots I will call the previous owners to make sure I get it right. I will PM you.
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Amazing, I called the lady and before I picked up her cat, the minute I said it was me, she got all happy. I just called her now to get some info and she said...who? who are you?....are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!
I said I was the lady who saved Heidi from meeting her maker...duh.
Anyway, she said that Heidi had all her boosters 1 1/2 ago. At Steri Animal we give the most common ones. I will PM you again with the list.
Heidi was born probably in approx. June 2007. She got her in october 2007 and was spayed when she was 6 months old.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:46 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks CP! Even that much info helps. We'll go with that and see what happens.

Old November 9th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Senior Contributor

14+,I am glad Heidi is ok,I was thinking of her all night..
With only her basic shots as a baby,she'll probably need some more,right.

It's a wonder she looks as good as she does,with that moronic owner,maybe someone else was looking after her,thinking she was a stray
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Awe you guys are awesome! So glad to hear that the trip went off with success. Heidi certainly is a pretty girl.

gang...you all rock....another life saved!!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Senior Contributor

Excellent news. You gals are amazing.
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:21 AM
150% PRO S/N

Heidi really is a Hidey. When I went to feed the kitties today she was in her little house - hiding. But as soon as I lifted the lid she came right out and over for scratches. She is soooo far from being a feral it's laughable. She ate all of her canned food last night and was ready for more this morning. Does not seem to like dry much which is fine by me. She used the litter box a few times. It's all good.
Now we just need kr........

Old November 9th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Heidi really is a Hidey. When I went to feed the kitties today she was in her little house - hiding. But as soon as I lifted the lid she came right out and over for scratches. She is soooo far from being a feral it's laughable. She ate all of her canned food last night and was ready for more this morning. Does not seem to like dry much which is fine by me. She used the litter box a few times. It's all good.
Now we just need kr........
She did prefer the canned to her dry too when she was with me.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)