Old April 4th, 2007, 07:37 PM

Misty

Hi! I have rescued a toy poodle from execution and I don't have the money to go to a vet yet. I have tried calling rescue groups for help, but they have their hands full. Until I can afford to go to the vet, has anyone here seen anything like these pictures? Know how to treat them? I have been batheing her and using extra virgin coconut oil (1 teaspoon daily) with her food and applying the oil to her cystslike things? Research on the web has led me to believe she might have interdigital pyoderma, because these things occur between her digits.
Has anyone dealt with hypothyroidism? Success?
Misty is a shy dog that we think was abused. She doesn't growl, bite or bark, yet. We have just had her 1 week now. I got her to howl last night when she followed me into the bathroom and I left closing the door behind me. She used to hide from people, but is coming out more every day. I was told she was in a metal cage for 4 years (puppy mill). They were going to kill her because people (2) returned her because she stood like a statue, hid from people, and she is 4 years old. She is missing fur/hair on her behind, tail, rear pads on rear legs(she seems to have callouses instead).

She has to be forced to eat and drink....won't from a bowl ( I'm guessing because she ate whatever came out of the bowl and was left after other dogs ate first). I am just getting her to eat from my hand and a plate, instead of the floor.

Any helpful advice?
Thanks!
Attached Images

Old April 4th, 2007, 09:19 PM

Unfortunately our members are not vets and are unable to address potentially serious health issues like this one. Please contact a vet as soon as possible.

Good luck. In keeping with site policy, this thread will now be closed.
Closed Thread