Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:15 AM

Smile tons of sneezing

Hi
This is my first time on the site but I am desperate for some good medical advice. I have 2 male Bengal cats that are 3 yrs old. They are in/out life style and stay very close to home. Always have been in good health, an occasional scratch from a neighbor hood tussle or from their brother. The problem is with one of them. A month ago he had what seemed like a kitty cold for a day his eye was watery for maybe an hour a couple times that day and he was sneezing rapidly ( 10 or so in succession) his nose is very stuffy but no discharge and a few coughs and a fever of 105. I took him to the vet they they gave him antibiotics and fever reducer and subcutanious fluids and sent us home. I have never given him the antibiotics because he was completely better the next day and there is no infection. The lungs are clear, His appetite has never changed nor his activity level or personality, he just has a constant stuffy nose especially when he purrs or gives himself a bath. and sneezes more when he comes in from outside. What to do? One other thought is that it was around Easter and I wonder if he may have swallowed a strand of easter basket grass. If anyone can help please let me know. Thank you