Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old June 17th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Senior Contributor

My Government rant.

I get myself all worked up about this stuff.

I am really P.O'd about all the car accidents lately with people being drunk and driving the WRONG WAY on a 400 series highway! Yet again this morning the THIRD person to get on the highway in the WRONG DIRECTION caused road chaos and harm to innocent people. Where the H___ is Michael Bryant? He says his number one priority is protecting the citzens of Ontario! What the H___ are you doing about all the drunk drivers?? Why aren't you increasing jail times/fines/etc. for these people that take the lives of others into their own hands when they get behind the wheel!!!
This is GREAT protection of the citizens of Ontario. What a dillhole.
Old June 17th, 2005, 11:22 AM

Oh, don't get me started on drunk drivers! That M.A.D.D. commercial of the baby crying in her crib brings me to tears every time. :sad: The NewVR did an "expose" kind of piece on drunk drivers a while ago. They followed them from the time they were arrested to their trials to what they were doing afterwards. There was one guy who, after having his hearing for drunk driving, got into his truck and drove - get this - to the BEER STORE!!
Old June 17th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

MADD is a great organization but there is one of their commercials I don't like.

It's a viewpoint of someone actually in a car driving down a busy roadway. They put one, then two then three then four empty glasses of beer in front of the windshield until someone crashes.

I dont' like that commercial, in insinuates that you can drink 3 glasses but not 4 cause you'll crash..other then that you may weave a little and get blurred vision but you wont' crash.

The crying baby I have to turn off, it's too much!

Last edited by Luba; June 17th, 2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old June 17th, 2005, 11:52 AM

I don't understand why people drink and drive. If you have had even one beer, don't risk it. WHY put everybody in danger because you're arrogant?
Old June 18th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Meowwww!

Sorry, long.

Our laws are pathetic.

Unfortunately, I have experience from both perspectives. I had a DUI and within six months of my arrest -Two months after sentencing (I pled guilty) - we were hit by a drunk driver on the KW Expressway during August at 7 o'clock at night.
I lost my father a few days later as a result.

All I can say is I've been in car accidents before but, what I saw and experienced (luckily my mother lost consciousness) isn't fair to share here. I remember every detail vividly and according too others most night's act it out.

Needless to say the guy who hit us has gone to jail and is out while the insurance companies put my mother through the wringer just trying to live.

The sad thing is our experience isn't the worse. One man lost his wife, daughter and 23 day year old baby. How do you recover from something like that?

Nothing will happen until an MP's or MPP's family is directly affected. That's just the way it seems to be.
Sport aka "Sporticus" - 4 year old black & white kitty
Clio aka "Baby" - 4 year old grey kitty
Old June 18th, 2005, 10:34 PM
banned user

Just wanted to mention, driving while high is just as bad as driving drunk
I called the cops on a friend when he got behind the wheel after smoking some weed. Its not worth it, ever.
I've driven after having two drinks within a 6 hour period and I felt horrible for doing it. 2 drinks doesn't make me drunk or over the legal limit, but I still felt stupid for driving home. For me anymore, no drinks to drive. 1 drink, no drive.
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Senior Contributor

I have this problem with my boyfriend. Often to the point that if he gets a DUI Im outta here. He has been doing it his whole life. I can't stand it.

Finally after 4 years of yelling at him he finally has agreed he will never do it again. He hasnt for like a year... So I am happy.
Its just such a selflish thing to do.
I won't get in anybodies car that has been drinking or smoking pot for that matter. I won't even go if you don't have working seat belts. All it takes is one time.
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:27 AM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Courage in a bottle....people who drink or partake in in pot too much lose what ever common sense they had to start with. If you must, stay at home!

I can't imagine myself driving after even one drink, I have enough trouble navigating the highways sober.