Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 11th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Disgusted! How can people be so cruel?

My husband just called to tell me about a story in our city paper today. Apparently some woman had a litter of black labs pups and had been trying to give them away for free. I guess she couldn't get rid of them, so she told her husband to DROWN THEM.

Apparently he couldn't do it, so he loaded up the puppies and drove his wife to some area that had an outhouse and told her to throw them down the hole.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...0127/20090127/

People are freaks!!!!!!

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Slave to the Kitties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
My husband just called to tell me about a story in our city paper today. Apparently some woman had a litter of black labs pups and had been trying to give them away for free. I guess she couldn't get rid of them, so she told her husband to DROWN THEM.

Apparently he couldn't do it, so he loaded up the puppies and drove his wife to some area that had an outhouse and told her to throw them down the hole.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...0127/20090127/

People are freaks!!!!!!
This is why i prefer to be around animals and avoid people whenever i can.
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor

that happened out west last year and she was charged, all the pups were ok and the cop that went 'down" to rescue them adopted the first one he pulled out
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Senior Contributor

*L* never mind, that IS the same case
Old August 11th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Contributor

The tragedy.

Just a short story:

Years ago I went to a school to educate children about animals and how and why to be kind to them (sad when you think about it). A sweet little girl raised her hand and tearfully told me and the other children that her daddy put kittens in a plastic bag and threw them in the water. She told me that her daddy did a bad thing and he can go to jail (after what I told them could happen....not likely but I said it regardless). I was stunned. The teacher was shocked. This little girl was afraid I was going to put her daddy in jail but she told me she would tell him now how wrong it was.

What the heck do you say to a 5 year old child?
Old August 11th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
The tragedy.

Just a short story:

Years ago I went to a school to educate children about animals and how and why to be kind to them (sad when you think about it). A sweet little girl raised her hand and tearfully told me and the other children that her daddy put kittens in a plastic bag and threw them in the water. She told me that her daddy did a bad thing and he can go to jail (after what I told them could happen....not likely but I said it regardless). I was stunned. The teacher was shocked. This little girl was afraid I was going to put her daddy in jail but she told me she would tell him now how wrong it was.

What the heck do you say to a 5 year old child?
Oh my goodness BenMax, heartbreaking!!! :sad: I certainly would've been stunned to silence...

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old August 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
Oh my goodness BenMax, heartbreaking!!! :sad: I certainly would've been stunned to silence...
It's the first time I ever chocked. I had to handle this with such care but at the end of the session I went to the little girl and gave her a hug and told her that it was not her fault. She recognized at such a young age that it was wrong and the unfortunate part about this is that she will probably never forget what happened. She will suffer with this and her dad??? I doubt he even gives it a thought.
Old August 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Senior Contributor

why would the paper be posting that story today?? did it just go to court or something? I remember it being posted here before and also being in our newspaper at the time it happened
Old August 11th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Melinda,I read it this morning in the Star,it happened in Pincher Creek ALTA,the very place we were visiting friends a few years back.
I don't know,but people capable of such cruelty,must be lacking something very vital in their brains.
I think all she got was a small fine
Old August 11th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
why would the paper be posting that story today?? did it just go to court or something? I remember it being posted here before and also being in our newspaper at the time it happened
I'm not sure - I'm assuming it may have just gone to court. Either way it takes a sick person to do this!!!!

Quote:
I think all she got was a small fine
Did she really??? All the paper talked about was the husband and how he was being charged...he got off way too easily, but somehow I'm not surprised. Why is it the justice system in regards to treatment of animals is SO lame?!?!?

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Senior Contributor

hopefully the mother dog was removed from their home if they still had her