Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 21st, 2003, 12:13 PM

Feedback please

My cats have gotten along great since I took them in less than two months ago or about as one was before the other.

Well I had them both spayed on monday ,they are doing well. Funny thing is I have noticed that they are really caring for each other now. Before they played ,ate out of same dish at ame time even though each have their own. The one would jump up and sleep next to the youngest one who just tolerated ,she just wasnt sure . But now they are sleeping together and bathing each other. Its as if they understand each others hurt and want to help i theal. The youngest was licking the older ones incision yesterday while she just lay there ,this was after the bath.

My boys told me they were even washing each others private areas. This morning I seen the older one come up beind teh youngest and lick under its tail. Is this normal behavior. My boys say they are lesbian, I didnt find that at all funny. I would just like to know if this is normal or not. I am just glad that they are aring for each other and getting along so well. Before it was more that the younger one tolerated it.

Also the youngest has settled right down. I know she is still healing but she is very snuggly and doesnt squirm when you pick her up. She actually stays with you for awhile.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks Meg