Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old July 31st, 2004, 10:16 AM

Stewart, nice to see a fellow biker on this site - and a Boxer besides! Nice bike! I ride a Japanese cruiser (the Intruder). Hubby rides a Ducati 900SS (a tribute to our Italian heritage). More than once, though, I've seen him eyeing Beemers with fervent admiration. Enjoy, and keep the rubber side down!
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:39 AM
banned user

So many veiled references to age......I'm 36 and proud of it! LOL

This has been a great thread.
Old August 1st, 2004, 03:24 AM

Wink

Cactus flower I am 47 perhaps not so proud of it .... lol ! But theres no pain and my head fits my skidlid a lot easier now the hairs gone !
Old August 1st, 2004, 03:29 AM

Oh one more thing ! writing for fun (vicky) we are envious of your loooooooong open roads over there as we tend to run out of distance on this little lump of rock we live on , but likewise stay rubber side down yourselves !
Old August 1st, 2004, 12:29 PM
Senior Contributor

56 here and enjoying it! Past the age of worrying about it or fighting it.
Old August 1st, 2004, 01:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh well guys,I beat you all I am 60,don't look too bad,wrinkles and all,pretty good shape Seeing I've spent years and years outdoors and love the sun,I am not about to change now...Love it!!!
I eat what I want,drink what I want,smoke if I want,at 60 I do what I want,period!!
Old August 1st, 2004, 02:09 PM
banned user

Chico and GlassLass

*bowing to my superiors*.....

No wonder you two always have good advice! You've taken more classes in the School of Life!

Love your attitudes, and hope I can follow suit!
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:09 AM

My turn!

Hi, my name's Corey, and I'm an alcoholic.

Oh, that's down the hall?

Well, where do I start? Re-read moontamara's post first, then read mine.

2 years ago I came to China to teach. Last year I was planning on leaving when I met the best Christmas present ever - the love of my life!

Even though we've been together less than a year, I know he's the one for me and we'll be married two years from now when he graduates University. Yes, I'm a teacher, and yes, he's a student, but I don't work at his university, nor would I ever, because I believe that's a conflict of interest!

I'm 25 in Canadian years, 26 or 27 in Chinese years, depending on who you talk to. See, I was born in 1979, which was the Year of the Sheep, but I was born January 2nd, before the Year of the Horse had ended. So according to some, I'm a sheep, and according to others, I'm a horse. Anyway, when a child is born in China, it's already 1 year old, and they're aged not by how old they are exactly, but by the year they were born. So everyone ages a year at Chinese New Year.

So, there's a lesson in culture for you.

I come from a big family; 4 brothers and 4 sisters. I'm the oldest girl (2 older brothers), but my parents split when I was young so it was just my sister, my mom and I for a while. My oldest brother is 30, my youngest is 10. My dad always wanted a baseball team, and a baseball team is what he got.

I had cats during my childhood when I lived with my mom, but my dad's place was always a zoo. Right now he has 5 dogs, 2 horses, a cat, a bird, and a few fish. He breeds Jack Russell Terriers (in the Collingwood, Ontario area, if anyone's interested) and has, at times, had chickens and pigs as well. They've always named the pigs before slaughtering them for consumption, and one of them was named after my mom. Nice, eh?

I don't have any kids, but I have my baby puppy. I'm not sure what breed he is or how old he is, though I estimate it might be 3-4 months. He's healthy now, and I plan to bring him to Canada when I go home in 2 years. He's company and comfort to me when I feel alone. My fiance travels because of his part-time job, and we'll be living in different cities next year, so it's good to have someone to talk to. I don't think my puppy understands what I'm saying, but he knows I need to talk, and he just listens.

Everyone in China has a different opinion about my dog. Some people tell me not to feed him meat, other people tell me to feed him more meat. Today someone told me he's growing too slowly!! He's my first 'dog-of-my-own', so I'm playing it by ear and finding out what works for him. Dog food is not available here, so we're working out an all-natural diet that he can stomach.

I like coming here and reading about all of your pets and your lives. It's entertaining. And I have an outlet, too, when I need it.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:45 AM
banned user

Corey You Are Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 2nd, 2004, 01:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, I guess I will take my turn now! My name is Amanda I am 20 years old. I recently just got married (May 1, 2004) we celebrated my 3 mth. anni. yesterday. (Anything to get a present) LOL!! I have no children (was pregnant, but God was not ready to let us be parents yet, so we will wait on Him). I do have two fur babies. I have a cat that is 3 1/2 (Cry Baby) and I recently found a puppy (we have battled parvo with him but he is doing fine now so I think I can say he is mine to keep now) his name was Marshmellow but we changed it to Meat Loaf! I have two rats named Mercy and Grace but they are still living with my Dad (until I can go back home and pick them up). I am a Marketing Assistant and getting ready to start college AGAIN! SCHOOL NEVER ENDS!!!

I love shopping, cleaning, scrap booking, and cooking!

I hate dumb people (lol)! Just kidding I do not hate very many things. I can find something to enjoy in anything!

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old August 2nd, 2004, 03:55 PM

Great thread and I guess I'll take my turn.

I am 33 yrs old until October and then I'll be 32 (that is how it works isn't it?). I currently live in London but would love to move to the country someday. I will be celebrating my 9th wedding anniversary in 3 weeks to my college sweetheart who has been a part of my life for 14 years. I have 2 human babies (5 and 8) and 2 furry babies, Murphy our 11 month old Border Collie and Pepper our 4yr old DSH who "tolerates" Murphy's presence.

Lets see, in my spare I LOVE to read (mostly Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwell), spend as much time outside in my garden and feel 16 agn by playing with all my babies. I also make hand stamped cards, gift boxes, and wrapping paper. My favorite thing in the whole world is sitting on the deck of our cottage watching the world turn. It reminds me of who I am and the order of things in life.

I'm in Finance Administration but am dying to go back to school. Any day now I can feel it!!

Things that irritate me the most are racist and ignorant people, and finding out I do really like those "man type" shows my hubby watches (Choppers, Overhaulin', Monster Garage, and NASCAR)!!!
Murph's Mom