Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World > Pure Inspiration - Happy tails

Old October 6th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Formerly known as Grover4

There Really Are Good People Out There

I heard a really nice story tonight and thought that I would share. As I was leaving the house tonight to take the dogs for a walk, we met up with a man, his daughter and puppy (who was wearing a cone on his head). After talking for a couple of minutes, the man told me that he found the puppy on the highway, just laying there.

He was driving by thinking to himself "Aww, someone hit a puppy". Just ah he was passing the pup, he lifted his head. The man immediately did a U turn and went back to help the poor little guy as everyone else just kept driving around him.

He rushed the pup off to the vet who needed surgery which cost $600. This guy paid the bill and kept the dog. He said that he couldn't just leave him there so he brought him home.

A happy ending to a sad story. It just goes to show you that there really are some good people in this world.

It turned out that the dog had not been hit by a car rather seems he was dumped. He had a ton of really deep scratches but no broken bones.
Old October 6th, 2005, 07:44 PM

such a sweet man to pick up that puppy and save his life
not many people now-a-days would do that for an animal they find on the side of the road
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:35 PM

This man's daughter is sure to become an animal lover. What a great story.
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:46 PM
owned by Tucker

Just look at the people here that helped Pags, even though she is a internet friend, I still believe in 's
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:51 PM
-

We have one of those kind of people among us, Petfriendly arrived at the Arboretum before myself to find a young grey cat laying in the parking lot. The cat was laying near the curb and looked to me like it may have travelled there under the hood of a car. It is possible that it was hit or even poisoned. All we know for sure is that it was hurt. It didn't look like it could do any more than roll over. Petfriendly parked her car in front of the cat to make sure that nobody could hit it and called the city workers to come and help this cat. It didn't look like you could move it without causing more damage. She said that there were a couple of ladies just sitting there doing nothing like this poor little cat was not a concern to them. When asked if anyone had called someone to help they basically said no but you can do it so she did. If Petfriendly hadn't arrived when she did and taken it upon herself to try to save this cat it may have died without a chance to survive. Hopefully it recovers and has a wonderful life and if it does it is all thanks to Petfriendlys actions.
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:00 PM
owned by Tucker

to Petfriendly from us all.
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:08 PM

Yey Petfriendly! Pet friendly indeed! It's great to have an angel among us.
Old October 7th, 2005, 02:11 PM
-

New info: The poor little cat had been hit by a car.
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:21 PM

Does he/she need a home? I'm near Ottawa. I can add him/her to the mix, which includes Skittles, a brown tabby whom I saved after being left for dead after being hit by a car and left for dead in MTL.

Lisa.
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:30 PM
-

Contact Petfriendly to see who she contacted to get the status of this little cat. I think it would be wonderful if they knew that there was someone that is willing to care for him/her.
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:52 PM

Who's Petfriendly? Is she a poster?
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:57 PM
-

Yes she is.
Old October 7th, 2005, 05:08 PM

PM'd her and am awaiting a reply. Any idea on where the cat is? A vet? A shelter? Also, in MTL or Ottawa?
Old October 7th, 2005, 05:19 PM
-

The cat is in Ottawa. If you wanted to do it on your own you could check with animal control or the humane society.
Old October 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM

Okay, I will tomorrow. I just hope they didn't euth him/her. Sometimes these places do that instead of treating the animal. Sad but true in my experience.
Old October 7th, 2005, 05:58 PM
-

I hope the little one made it.
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:48 AM

Thanks everyone, but all I did was pick up the phone. Even if the cat was put to sleep (It was in really bad shape) at least it didn't suffer. They have staff vets at the NCC's Experimental Farm as well as staff who love animals (for the most part anyway) so I'm hoping a bleeding heart took the kitten in. If there had been room at my house (which already has more 4 legged creatures than 2 legged ones) I might have asked to be contacted, but I didn't because I myself am a bleeding heart and would not have been able to say no.

The two people who were sitting there doing nothing, should be smacked up beside the head... I wonder, could we have gotten them on cruelty charges for doing nothing?

Please think about putting a collar on your cat and having it micro-chipped. It might help bring them home one day.

Last edited by PetFriendly; October 10th, 2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old November 13th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Senior Contributor

There really are good people out there

When we adopted our dog from a small dog, no-kill rescue agency here in NJ we were told that he had been found abandoned, unkempt, and uncollared on the FDR drive near New York City. Why anyone would leave a helpless dog is beyond me.

But the woman who found him, although she couldn't keep him, she took him in, got him immediately to the vet and paid for him to be examined, neutered, and receive his shots. Then she turned him over to a shelter which fostered him and kept him until a suitable home could be found--OURS !!!!:love:

We can only imagine what the first two years of his life were like--but the last 5 were spent trying to make up for the bad ones. I'm so glad this woman was willing to take the time and spend the money to help poor Joey.