Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Tech talk

Old April 6th, 2009, 11:46 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Is this what you did for the contacts ...

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/...cts-vista.html
Nope...but that didn't work, either. Oh, well. Can't win 'em all! And I don't mind typing in the contacts by hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
What is Imagezone?
That's the photoeditor that came with my HP Scanjet (3 yrs ago). Also HP ImageZone Solution Center. I really miss that software It doesn't appear to be compatible with Vista...or maybe it's the 64-bit config that's throwing it off The error messages are really not very specific...and the chat room was no help. I keep getting sent to the next guy in line...who is not there till tomorrow during the day. Not exactly the 24/7 as advertised

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 7th, 2009, 01:38 AM
-

Is this any help?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&product=90764

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...dlc=en&lang=en
Old April 7th, 2009, 01:50 AM
-

From http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00845986

Quote:
HP Digital Imaging Monitor – Program does not open after upgrading to Windows Vista. HP Digital Imaging Monitor is not Windows Vista-compatible.
HP Image Zone – Clicking keywords assigned to images does not cause the image to display. HP Image Zone is not Windows Vista-compatible. Use Window Photo Gallery in Windows Vista.
Old April 7th, 2009, 02:08 AM
-

More gobbledy-gook to me .....

http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/977160.htm

http://hpanswers.blogspot.com/2008/0...0-drivers.html
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:12 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
HP Image Zone is not Windows Vista-compatible. Use Window Photo Gallery in Windows Vista.
That's what I was afraid of. :sad:

Oh, well. Maybe Photo Gallery has more bells and whistles that I haven't found yet....

, rainbow!!! You're a computing goddess!!!!!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Hazel, Windows Photo Gallery isn't too terrible.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Senior Contributor

http://www.hp.com/united-states/cons...are/index.html

hazel not sure if this is the same software? but its vista friendly.

As for your .wab is it copied onto you new PC? or still on CD?
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Senior Contributor

I have that on my laptop, it's okay, but not that easy to use (it could be I'm just a dork though). Hazel, you might like it. It does have some interesting things you can do with it.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:37 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

That's a possibility, DM--only a 18.9 M download, too--still about 6 hours to bring down, but at least it's doable.

Tried importing the .wab file from both CD and then from the new PC. Doesn't work either way, even when I remove the 'read-only' flag.

AG, do you use Photo Gallery for your pics?

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Senior Contributor

ohhhh I see

So you have copied it from Cd to your PC & nothing.

That sucks girl.
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Image Zone was sorta hard to figure out, too...but I loved it once I got into it!

I'll maybe download this one tonight after I log off for the day and see what it's like. for the suggestion!!

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:46 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondsmum View Post
ohhhh I see

So you have copied it from Cd to your PC & nothing.

That sucks girl.
But at least I could open the file in Word. All the contact info is there, I just need to find the time to enter it all back in.

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
That's a possibility, DM--only a 18.9 M download, too--still about 6 hours to bring down, but at least it's doable.

Tried importing the .wab file from both CD and then from the new PC. Doesn't work either way, even when I remove the 'read-only' flag.

AG, do you use Photo Gallery for your pics?
Yes, I use the Windows Photo Gallery. I like that it is it's own little icon on my desktop. I love that you can view pictures really big too. It took me a while to get used to it, but it's not so bad.

Our IT guy at the office said Windows 7, which should come out next year will be what Vista should have been. Easier to use and way better than the Vista we are using. He said they released it way too soon, because they wanted to compete with some new Mac release. So it has just so many bugs. But Windows 7 will be much better and easier. I hope he's right. He says he's using some Beta version he got, because he's in the industry, and said it's really a good program. He said he will not put Vista as it is now on anyone's system, but he does like the Windows 7. So I guess we'll have to wait.

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Image Zone was sorta hard to figure out, too...but I loved it once I got into it!

I'll maybe download this one tonight after I log off for the day and see what it's like. for the suggestion!!
Hazel, you might like it. I just find it a pain because I have to use the little mouse thing on my laptop, so I just don't like to go in and mess with it.

If you find it easy to use, let me know. I may try to give it a go.

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:50 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

I've heard lots of good things about Windows 7...but I doubt I'll be able to afford an upgrade of OS when it finally gets released

Sigh....my timing has never been good

Old April 7th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Senior Contributor

How has your connection been since the new PC hazel?
Old April 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I've heard lots of good things about Windows 7...but I doubt I'll be able to afford an upgrade of OS when it finally gets released

Sigh....my timing has never been good
If I'm able to get the upgrade for myself, and it allows more than one user upgrade, I'll send you the CD.

Old April 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
How has your connection been since the new PC hazel?
Just as bad--but one nice thing about Vista is that it seems to handle the interruptions better. It must be setting more checkpoints or something, because when I reestablish a connection in the middle of a download (of almost everything I've tried so far), the download picks back up at the place it died rather than starting over

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
If I'm able to get the upgrade for myself, and it allows more than one user upgrade, I'll send you the CD.
That would be cool, AG!

Old April 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
That would be cool, AG!
I'll likely post if I get the update, so just remind me you have Vista too. In the meantime, I'll search around and see if those upgrade CD's allow you to upgrade more than once. I'd hope so. What if you have 3 computers at home and want to upgrade them all? I can't see having to buy 3 different upgrades, right?

Old April 7th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Senior Contributor

just as any software you have to buy licences for more then 1 PC if upgrading them all. I think Only Office you can put on multiple PC's office 2007Student edition I think has 3 allows. Office 2007 profressional is 1 (I know this I have tried it) you have to buy another key.

before I bought laptop I had built my old PC & had XP for it. then bought Vista 1 year later. Vista & XP are one PC only unless you buy another key.

Or even reinstalling or upgrading hardware if its over its 3x in XP you have to Call MS. to get a new key (Free) OR purchase a new one. Depends on what MS says.
Old April 7th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
just as any software you have to buy licences for more then 1 PC if upgrading them all. I think Only Office you can put on multiple PC's office 2007Student edition I think has 3 allows. Office 2007 profressional is 1 (I know this I have tried it) you have to buy another key.

before I bought laptop I had built my old PC & had XP for it. then bought Vista 1 year later. Vista & XP are one PC only unless you buy another key.

Or even reinstalling or upgrading hardware if its over its 3x in XP you have to Call MS. to get a new key (Free) OR purchase a new one. Depends on what MS says.
Figures. More money in their pockets!

Old April 7th, 2009, 02:38 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I just tried to scan a document in as a .pdf file. That was something I used to be able to do through the imagezone solution center. I think I've lost that capability now. That's a bite! .pdf format was the one I used most often.

Old April 7th, 2009, 02:41 PM
-

Okay, this is getting way too over my head now so I'm not coming back.

And, besides ....Chris made fun of me.
Old April 7th, 2009, 02:42 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

or you know an evil person like me with too much time on their hands that can get programs with key gen programs.

I've been seeing an add for a photo program for windows all day, tooting how easy it is.
Old April 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I just tried to scan a document in as a .pdf file. That was something I used to be able to do through the imagezone solution center. I think I've lost that capability now. That's a bite! .pdf format was the one I used most often.
Hazel, maybe you still can, except you have to specifically add it to be a deafult scan type.

Old April 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I need one that handles documents, too, aslan. Right now, the only software I have for the scanner is photo software--so none of the document formats are available. :sad:

rainbow, you've been doing so well! How can you walk away from all this techie success?

Old April 7th, 2009, 02:48 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

It's only offering me a choice of .jpg, .png, .bmp, or .tif

Old April 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

ok looked at the program, called windows live photo gallery... doesn't seem to do documents too.

what make and model of scanner are you using. And what format are you trying to put pics in and what format are they being scanned as.
Old April 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
-

Quote:
rainbow, you've been doing so well! How can you walk away from all this techie success?

When you guys start talking like this ....

Quote:
It's only offering me a choice of .jpg, .png, .bmp, or .tif
Old April 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM
-

hazel go here, it is a walkthrough on how to convert a jpeg into a pdf file.

http://www.novapdf.com/kb/convert-jp...o-pdf-105.html