Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Closed Thread

Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:34 PM
banned user

I agree, the comment of "It is possible that we will use him as a stud dog, we aren't entirely sure yet." was needed, aside from to say that the dog will not be fixed when he enters the home. But i don't beleive the poster entered it to flame ppl.
The question was how to introduce two dogs, and Talley3000 I am glad you have got the answer to that. Neutral territory seems to be the key for most ppl.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:43 PM
banned user

Safyre and anyone else believing she didn't come here to start trouble once again please read her previous posts.
Those and ones made by the name Candycane or CandyKane... it's all there.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:50 PM
banned user

If you beleive she came to start trouble, why are you reading her posts then?
Not trying to flame, but if she is a troll or whatever, then why bother responding, reading her posts? eventually she'll go away with no attention, right?
Just confused, how do you know it's all the same person, just a simple name change, or an account change?
Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
banned user

It's the same person, trust me. I believe one of the mods checked on it way back when.
I responded to it because it is BS and I'm tired of people coming here just to start trouble and so other people wouldn't even bother. Excuse me.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:59 PM
banned user

I thought you couldn't have two accounts with the same email address *slightly confused how to prove a person has two accounts*
I went and read some of her other posts, one about a hampster, and one in response to bloat in the pet health, seems she is more knowledgable than she maybe should be ...
Anyways... ok, if you say it is the same person a mod has checked, I believe ya, I was just wondering how ya knew. My other point is, if ppl don't respond at all, the person will go away.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 09:12 PM
banned user

I sent a PM, I'm done with this thread.
Old June 4th, 2005, 03:36 AM

I am slightly hurt that I am accused of being a troll.
I am part of many message boards myself where I have had to deal with trolls.
You seem to have a grudge with me, Sneaky2006, but I am just going to ignore it because not everyone agrees with you.
Old June 4th, 2005, 04:02 AM
banned user

Not everyone disagrees with her, either.

By now you really should know how people here respond to comments about breeding. I agree that it's perplexing why you persist in dropping breeding comments, even if it is "I'm not sure yet whether we are going to breed her or not...." now. In all fairness, the folks that have confronted you about this have done so because they are very familiar with your past posts (under whichever name).

Safyre, you can easily set up multiple email accounts in order to get multiple screen names. And the mods can verify that two accounts are the same people by tracing their ISP.
Quote:
If you beleive she came to start trouble, why are you reading her posts then? Not trying to flame, but if she is a troll or whatever, then why bother responding, reading her posts?
Certainly this is not the first time that someone has confronted somebody they know to be a troll, in order to alert the members here that they are investing their emotions and efforts in vain. I believe this is called "looking out for each other", which should merit appreciation rather than attack.

If you don't agree with Sneaky's assessment, that's ok. But she has a right to voice it.
Old June 4th, 2005, 04:40 AM

Hi,

I really don't know whats gone on here. Yet I feel it is me to blame - and if it is, I'm sorry.
My parents are in talks as whether or not to get Tally spayed - as you said, I'm just a 14 year old, so it's totally not up to me. I know how people react to this - and yet I want to thank everyone because I understand their concerns.
I don't see how I can be a troll when I haven't acted with verbal abuse. I have calmly and patiently tried to resolve the situation. That obviously isn't going to happen - in my heart, I know that I am not intending to cause any harm. If you don't want to believe me, then fine.
So let's say we just drop this whole thread and concentrate on something that is more important than any silly schoolyard grudges - the animals. From now on, I will not be responding to this thread.
So I think it would be wise for it to be locked.
Old June 4th, 2005, 10:33 AM
banned user

CactusFlower - Sneaky and I have PM'd on this, however I will fill you in since you state I "attacked" Sneaky.
The way to get rid of a troll is to IGNORE them. warning others only shows that there has been replies, makes others open the thread and get annoyed, that is my opinion.
As well, Sneaky's first response was not to say "Guys, we know this girl, she is a troll, ignore" but asked a, what I now realize to be, sarcastic question of "so you're not going to breed your girl, but you're going to breed the male" or something to that extent. That to me, does not warn others.

As for the multiple accounts, you cannot use free email accounts (hotmail, yahoo) to create profiles anymore, they have to be ISP or a verifiable account. That is why I was unsure if it is possible to have multiple accounts here. Marko has already responded to that on a previous thread that yes, hotmail accounts used to be accepted, but they are not now.
Old June 4th, 2005, 02:04 PM
banned user

I reiterate that Sneaky has a right to voice herself. People deal with trolls in whatever way they see fit, not just your way.
She did state that she believes this person to be a troll, suggested that her past posts be looked at, and provided her other screen names. Hopefully that will shed some light on why this poster is getting what seems to be some irrational responses, given that she has been very polite in this particular thread.

It is easy to get more than one email account that meets with the requirements of this website. I will not spell out how here, as I don't want to educate anyone with troll potential on how to do so.

It has been done in the past and, unfortunately, will probably continue. Not accepting hotmail addresses and the like surely cut the numbers way down, though, which is good. This board used to be plagued by trolls. Very frustrating for everyone involved.
Old June 4th, 2005, 04:16 PM

Unhappy

There seems to be a lot of contreversy on these boards, people reading wrong or assuming. Instead of jumping to attack ask "did you mean that or a typo?" "Did I understand you want to do this?" And if they did mean something "bad" then u can attack all you want!

I also hate when rescues/shelters argue...where all doing this to help the animals. Sometimes it seems like a competition.
Old June 4th, 2005, 06:07 PM
banned user

Thank you for explaining Cactus!!!!! :love:
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:22 PM
banned user

"not just your way"
OK, not sure why I am getting a tone from you in regards to this.
I'd like to hear you're ideas of how to get rid of trolls ... In my experience with trolls in chat rooms, or msg boards, the best advice is to ignore. If they are comming to flame, giving them a response gives then ammunition. If they are comming for attention, responding gives them just that.
I asked why someone is reading a thread by someone they know is a troll. its only going to be annoying... and a warning to other meembers wasn't even posted till later in the thread.
Anyways, I guess I won't ask questions. Sorry, didn't know.
Old June 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM
banned user

*sigh*

This was Sneaky's SECOND post:
Quote:
If you look back at all her posts CK, this issue has been gone over again and again. She decided she was not going to breed the female, but now would like a male to breed instead. No good is going to come out of this thread either.
I wrote:
Quote:
People deal with trolls in whatever way they see fit, not just your way
-because you were telling me:
Quote:
The way to get rid of a troll is to IGNORE them
- which you have just said again in your last post.

I have a sufficient education now in How Safyre Wants Everyone To Handle Trolls Because She Says It Is Best.

Your way is to ignore them (but perhaps not, because you've posted plenty in this thread). But just because you keep saying IGNORING IS THE ONLY/BEST way, doesn't mean that people have to agree that it is, or take your advice. Some people believe that calling them on it is a good way to shut them up.

Is that clear enough? Because this is getting tedious, and I'm running out of nice.

Last edited by Cactus Flower; June 4th, 2005 at 10:09 PM.
Old June 4th, 2005, 10:10 PM
banned user

You're welcome, Sneaky :love: .
Closed Thread